TBT or 3X5

Has anyone tried both of Chad’s workouts TBT and 3X5 for Fat Loss… What would in your guy’s opinion would be the best for fat loss…

Thanks

i have not tried 3x5, but i have done TBT and loved it, for muscle growth. i imagine it would also work well to help you keep as much of your muscle as possible during a caloric deficit.

what are your stats? height/weight, etc. im only asking because it seems that a lot of people want to drop fat to look leaner and such, but what they could really use is more muscle, in which case TBT would be great.

You mean 10x3 for fat loss.

[quote]dez6485 wrote:
i have not tried 3x5, but i have done TBT and loved it, for muscle growth. i imagine it would also work well to help you keep as much of your muscle as possible during a caloric deficit.

what are your stats? height/weight, etc. im only asking because it seems that a lot of people want to drop fat to look leaner and such, but what they could really use is more muscle, in which case TBT would be great.[/quote]

Im 6’5" 265lbs 29yrs and active.

Yes I meant 10X3…Thanks

I havent tried 10x3 ffl, but TBT was the best routine I ever did for gains and body comp. Something like 5-6 lbs of apparent lbm,with no visible fat gain, within the first 4 weeks. I think because of the relatively shorter rest periods. I never knew how much time I wasted between sets until I had to stick with a minute between each some days. I have searched every fat loss routine around here recently and for the most part, they revolve around compounds with little to no rest periods between. You can do the same thing with TBT, and just adjust load. I tried 3 sets of squats tonight with my 10rm with a minute rest in between. I couldnt get 10 on the last, and my heart felt like it was going to explode. With a little tweaking you can have a great template for fat loss.

[quote]Frank Castle wrote:
I havent tried 10x3 ffl, but TBT was the best routine I ever did for gains and body comp. Something like 5-6 lbs of apparent lbm,with no visible fat gain, within the first 4 weeks. I think because of the relatively shorter rest periods. I never knew how much time I wasted between sets until I had to stick with a minute between each some days. I have searched every fat loss routine around here recently and for the most part, they revolve around compounds with little to no rest periods between. You can do the same thing with TBT, and just adjust load. I tried 3 sets of squats tonight with my 10rm with a minute rest in between. I couldnt get 10 on the last, and my heart felt like it was going to explode. With a little tweaking you can have a great template for fat loss.[/quote]

its been a while since ive read TBT, does it call for 1 minute rest periods?

[quote]dez6485 wrote:
Frank Castle wrote:
I havent tried 10x3 ffl, but TBT was the best routine I ever did for gains and body comp. Something like 5-6 lbs of apparent lbm,with no visible fat gain, within the first 4 weeks. I think because of the relatively shorter rest periods.

I never knew how much time I wasted between sets until I had to stick with a minute between each some days. I have searched every fat loss routine around here recently and for the most part, they revolve around compounds with little to no rest periods between. You can do the same thing with TBT, and just adjust load. I tried 3 sets of squats tonight with my 10rm with a minute rest in between. I couldnt get 10 on the last, and my heart felt like it was going to explode. With a little tweaking you can have a great template for fat loss.

its been a while since ive read TBT, does it call for 1 minute rest periods?[/quote]

One minute for the heavier days, up to 120 seconds on the higher rep days.

I sweat like a bastard on TBT, and it’s one of my all time favorite programs…that’s my vote.

How is the TBT for Fat loss…Should I shorten rest periods to maximize fat loss?

[quote]ThisIsMyRifle wrote:
How is the TBT for Fat loss…Should I shorten rest periods to maximize fat loss? [/quote]

NO!!! dont do that you need the rest to keep the intensity up. shorten the time at the dinner table to cut plain and simple.

Phill