TBT..and More?

hey everyone

while I was scrolling through I found Chad Waterbury’s TBT program.

It looks awesome and the 3 day workout will work really well for me, but I just have a few questions about what you can, and can’t do while on it.

the Set/rep scheme is great its just more about the exercise choice that i’m worried about.

The program says that you should choose 6 exercises (at least four compound) for the whole body per workout. This is great for a short workout, but if you have a lot of time could you do more exercises?

As in…could you almost double the volume of the workout? For example do 6 exercises on the upper body and six on the lower body?

Or…is this far too much volume for a 3-day-a-week workout?

[quote]aussie24 wrote:

The program says that you should choose 6 exercises (at least four compound) for the whole body per workout. This is great for a short workout, but if you have a lot of time could you do more exercises?

As in…could you almost double the volume of the workout? For example do 6 exercises on the upper body and six on the lower body?

Or…is this far too much volume for a 3-day-a-week workout?

[/quote]

It doesn’t seem tough in the beginning, but you won’t want more volume come week four.

I would recommend following the program verbatim the first time. Its only eight weeks long anyhow. If you aren’t pleased modify it the second time around.

You are supposed to pick a weight for each exercise that you can just barely complete for all the reps.

Compound moves that work a large part of the body at once, with that kind of weight, should NOT be easy to get through.

After each workout as outlined, you should feel very much ready for a rest. If you have more energy to do the same number of exercises again, you’ve been too easy on yourself with weight selection.

Increase the intensity, not the number of exercises.