T Nation

TBT and 10x3

I am about to start my first cycle on Waterbury’s TBT after feeling a bit bored on Westside for Skinny Bastards. I am just wondering if I should include 10x3 training into this as well or just stick with the standard TBT? I am trying to gain overall mass and specifically trying to improve my posterior chain and deadlift.

From what the artice (and the science) says, 10x3’s are the best way to pack on the size quickly. I personally use an 8x5 method and it has been working wonders (over a pound per week, body fat dropping)

10x3 is probably too demanding for the TBT program. TBT is still a great hypertrophy program. CW always says that “there is more than one way to skin a cat”

yea, breakdown is right. someone asked this CW this question when the waterbury mehthod article was released. he said that 10x3 would be too taxing in the TBT program. But, if you want, you could just do the waterbury method program.

RED9,

In regard to TBT, don’t change a thing. Check out the “Post TBT Results” thread and you’ll know what I mean.

If you’re really wanting to give the 10x3 a trial run, then follow my Waterbury Method program. In fact, try both programs and compare the results!