TB...Split...TB

Let me start off buy saying this is NOT a thread to debate wether Total Body Workouts are better than Split routines, or the other way around…so please do not start that debate here, thanks…if there are constructive ideas that someone could give me, as a PRO or CON one of the two that would be great, but here is my quesiton…

I have been doing split routines for about 90% of the time of my 5 five years training…I bought Muscle Revolution for xmas, and have been doing Total Body workouts since than, and wow, the gains in strength, body composition, and size have been outstanding… Im thinking of starting up a split routine next week, and do it for about 3-4 weeks, what are your thoughts on this approach??

Im thinking that it will help keep my body guessing big time, and maybe through muscle memory it will help me gain some strength and size in other muscles that ill be able to concentrate on more with a split… than id go back to my Total Body workouts…ANY input would be great, thanks alot guys…

Just so you know, if you didn’t want to spark a debate you shouldn’t have asked for pros and cons. That will definitely start a debate. If you want pros and cons just read the debate threads. Those are the same responses you’ll get here.

If you have done both methods, you should be able to discern the pro’s and con’s as are applicable to YOU. Obviously you know some of them because you want to cycle them both.

I think your idea is fine, now just do it. Like many others have said on numerous threads, the best way to find out if it works for YOU is to try it.

Good luck!

Good call, yea i did contradict myself there, my bad…i guess that was such an easy question that i overlooked the answer haha well thanks for opening my eyes with that one!

[quote]IronWarrior34 wrote:
Let me start off buy saying this is NOT a thread to debate wether Total Body Workouts are better than Split routines, or the other way around…so please do not start that debate here, thanks…if there are constructive ideas that someone could give me, as a PRO or CON one of the two that would be great, but here is my quesiton…

I have been doing split routines for about 90% of the time of my 5 five years training…I bought Muscle Revolution for xmas, and have been doing Total Body workouts since than, and wow, the gains in strength, body composition, and size have been outstanding… Im thinking of starting up a split routine next week, and do it for about 3-4 weeks, what are your thoughts on this approach??

Im thinking that it will help keep my body guessing big time, and maybe through muscle memory it will help me gain some strength and size in other muscles that ill be able to concentrate on more with a split… than id go back to my Total Body workouts…ANY input would be great, thanks alot guys…[/quote]

Unless the gains you’ve been experiencing have stopped why change?

TBT is better. PERIOD.

lol just kidding. Personally, I saw great results after switching from a split routine to a TBT…I believe it wasnt so much that it was TBT as I was doing something completely different for the first time. I was beginning to plateau with splits, and ever since switichin to TBT my lifts and weight has increased.

my 2 cents.

[quote]xvsanta42 wrote:
I saw great results after switching from a split routine to a TBT…I believe it wasnt so much that it was TBT as I was doing something completely different for the first time. [/quote]

I think this hits the nail on the head. You can get great results from either approach as long as you apply yourself and choose suitable recovery periods etc for your own capabilities.

What matters I think, is that you are doing something different from what your body is used to. Personally I think there is a time when each method will be right for you, depending on where you are at and what you want to focus on during that phase. If TBT is working for your current goals, keep at it until it stops, when that happens then you need to change the stimulus.

nice thanks alot guys, i think im just gonna go to a Split routine for about 4 weeks just to try and spark some new muscle growth…my TBT gains are starting to slow up a little bit but im startin to get kinda bored with them and i feel like i wanna hit the weights a new way…either way, ill be bustin my ass, cant wait to hit the gym up tomorrow!