Taxes Went Up and Who's Fault Is It?

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
The question is not what taxes are now, that is incredibly short sighted. The question is how will we ever finance our dept and liabilities in the future.

We are putting things on a credit card so they don’t come out of our revenue. In the coming years this may necessitate taxes be 2 or 3 times what they are now for everyone.[/quote]

I agree we have to look at our budget like other counties the money we give Israel and Mexico and other countries ,the war on Drugs ,TSA, NSA,FBI,CIA, and a myriad of other acronyms plus the military , all have to come under one banner let’s call it National Defense .That is the 1200 lb gorilla . We will not get spending under control by increasing spending at every opportunity
[/quote]

Like Aragorn said, there is actually an even bigger gorilla than National Defense. Welfare programs are the only thing we spend more money on. They need to be fucked with.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
The question is not what taxes are now, that is incredibly short sighted. The question is how will we ever finance our dept and liabilities in the future.

We are putting things on a credit card so they don’t come out of our revenue. In the coming years this may necessitate taxes be 2 or 3 times what they are now for everyone.[/quote]

I agree we have to look at our budget like other counties the money we give Israel and Mexico and other countries ,the war on Drugs ,TSA, NSA,FBI,CIA, and a myriad of other acronyms plus the military , all have to come under one banner let’s call it National Defense .That is the 1200 lb gorilla . We will not get spending under control by increasing spending at every opportunity
[/quote]

Social security and medicare/medicade are the 20000 pound gorilla. Not just in the current % we pay, but in what has been promised to people for the future.

And you are mistaken, there is no budget to look at, congress hasn’t passed one in years. And even if there were, you cannot budget to run at a huge deficit. That makes it a spending list, not a budget.

I would also like to point out to Pitt and others who like to bring up the “unfunded wars” argument, that the total cost of war since 2001 is approximately 1.4 trillion. that’s what we’ve spent in the last 12 years. Now, for comparison purposes, the deficits for the last 3 years: 1.3 trillion, 1.3 trillion, 1.1 trillion. So starting in 2010, obama has nearly matched the TOTAL cost of"Bush’s" unfunded wars over a decade…in EVERY SINGLE YEAR he’s been in office.

This is why I pay zero attention to the “but bush ran two unfunded wars!!” Nonsense–the total cost of both wars over all 12 years is approximately 1 year of obama’s fantastic economic ideas. Please stop using that argument. I get it, it was a bad idea, but it pales utterly in comparison to the absolute idiocy that Obama has been pushing. So please, can everybody stop giving the tired old argument legs?

Bunch of racist bastards up in here.

The president is black, get over it.

He can tell no lie.

He can coral pink unicorns and make them poop bundles of money.

He can calm the seas.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
The Republicans … negotiated that the increase was spread across the middle class and only increase the top 1%

Not only does this statement make no sense what so ever, even if I am correct in my assumption of your meaning, it has zero factual or historical actions to back it up.

This statement is a fabrication, and based on nothing more than demagoguery.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
The Republicans wanted to protect the poor little wealthy class[/quote]

In another thread, you fabricate this false situation where “conservatives refuse to listen to other points of view” and then come in here and say this utter nonsense, because you yourself have, again, refused to actually understand the position of the people that disasgree with you.

Amazing work.[/quote]

What is actually happening is that the payroll tax cuts were removed, that’s where the middle class is getting hosed. You know the payroll tax, and why shouldn’t big companies pay more? Well that shit comes out of our pocket not theirs and that was obama’s baby, not the republicans. That was part of the ‘hose the rich’ tax plan. Except is us who pays that, not the company. That’s why our taxes went up.[/quote]

We agree the middle class got hosed :)the wealthy skated just like the Republicans wanted
[/quote]

What you fail to understand, what democrats in general fail to understand, is that punishing the ‘so called rich’ always punishes the middle class instead. You raise corporate taxes, they raise prices, or cut payroll, or cut employees.
You raise their taxes, they just leave, they are rich after all they don’t have to put up with that shit and don’t.
Who always pays when your trying to ‘punish the rich’ is the middle class. Either the costs are passed along in goods and services, or employees pay with their salaries or jobs.

If people weren’t so fucking thick about they way things work, everybody would be better off. The only way you are going to get more money out of the rich is to throw their ass in jail and cease their accounts and take it. If you give them options they will never pay a cent more.

[quote]pat wrote:

What you fail to understand, what democrats in general fail to understand, is that punishing the ‘so called rich’ always punishes the middle class instead. You raise corporate taxes, they raise prices, or cut payroll, or cut employees.
You raise their taxes, they just leave, they are rich after all they don’t have to put up with that shit and don’t.
Who always pays when your trying to ‘punish the rich’ is the middle class. Either the costs are passed along in goods and services, or employees pay with their salaries or jobs.

If people weren’t so fucking thick about they way things work, everybody would be better off. The only way you are going to get more money out of the rich is to throw their ass in jail and cease their accounts and take it. If you give them options they will never pay a cent more.[/quote]

That is the next step if we do not right this ship soon.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
The Republicans … negotiated that the increase was spread across the middle class and only increase the top 1%

Not only does this statement make no sense what so ever, even if I am correct in my assumption of your meaning, it has zero factual or historical actions to back it up.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

In another thread, you fabricate this false situation where “conservatives refuse to listen to other points of view” and then come in here and say this utter nonsense, because you yourself have, again, refused to actually understand the position of the people that disasgree with you.

Amazing work.[/quote]

What is actually happening is that the payroll tax cuts were removed, that’s where the middle class is getting hosed. You know the payroll tax, and why shouldn’t big companies pay more? Well that shit comes out of our pocket not theirs and that was obama’s baby, not the republicans. That was part of the ‘hose the rich’ tax plan. Except is us who pays that, not the company. That’s why our taxes went up.[/quote]

We agree the middle class got hosed :)the wealthy skated just like the Republicans wanted
[/quote]

If people weren’t so fucking thick about they way things work, everybody would be better off. The only way you are going to get more money out of the rich is to throw their ass in jail and cease their accounts and take it. If you give them options they will never pay a cent more.[/quote]

Then you should be really happy that we did not raise taxes on the poor little rich people.

They made out best on Bush’s tax cuts and they made out best on Obama’s tax hike . I wonder if that qualifies for a pattern

As far getting more out of the rich . I say it is a lot easier than you say . I say take away their lobbies in Congress , raise their taxes . We may lose some but I would bet most that would go are already gone

I think all this anti poor propaganda is the Rich’s propaganda machine saying look at those lazy pot smoking poor people and all the while the rich are robbing the coffers

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Amazing work.[/quote]

[/quote]

Then you should be really happy that we did not raise taxes on the poor little rich people.

They made out best on Bush’s tax cuts and they made out best on Obama’s tax hike . I wonder if that qualifies for a pattern

As far getting more out of the rich . I say it is a lot easier than you say . I say take away their lobbies in Congress , raise their taxes . We may lose some but I would bet most that would go are already gone

I think all this anti poor propaganda is the Rich’s propaganda machine saying look at those lazy pot smoking poor people and all the while the rich are robbing the coffers [/quote]

Does having a lot of money make you a bad person?
I take it, if someone to offer you a large sum of money, you would indeed refuse it because of the said moral implications, correct?

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Amazing work.[/quote]

[/quote]

I think all this anti poor propaganda is the Rich’s propaganda machine saying look at those lazy pot smoking poor people and all the while the rich are robbing the coffers [/quote]

I take it, if someone to offer you a large sum of money, you would indeed refuse it because of the said moral implications, correct?[/quote]

Having a lot of money does not make you bad or good ,it makes your wealthy . Just like having little money does not make you bad or good it makes you poor. I am a confirmed altruist so I think we should take care of the poor. I will say I think we are subsidizing corporations employees like Walmart , Target , HD and the like . America could change some policies and do the poor a favor.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Amazing work.[/quote]

[/quote]

I take it, if someone to offer you a large sum of money, you would indeed refuse it because of the said moral implications, correct?[/quote]

who says I don’t have a large sum of money ? What is a large sum of money ?

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Amazing work.[/quote]

[/quote]

who says I don’t have a large sum of money?
[/quote]

Easy answer…you would buy a grammar and spell check program for your Apple III.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

What is a large sum of money ?
[/quote]

Well by the US standard that would be $50k because that is what the average American has saved for retirement. By the World’s Standard that might be $1 a day since that is what the average poor person around the world lives on. The average poor person in the US gets $800 in Section 8 housing monthly, $800 in cash welfare payments monthly, Foodstamps of around $300 monthly, Healthcare (Medicaid), and very inexpensive public transportation.

I have held a child in India that had not eaten in 2 weeks. He should have been brown but his color was gray. That is poverty. This country does not understand what the word poor means.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Amazing work.[/quote]

[/quote]

Your random statements grow more idiotic as the weeks go past.

Everyone making 450-k Married) or more got a 5% tax hike and that includes all of the S and LLC corps ie small business. The rich didn’t skate and small business took it up the ass by your hero obama.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Amazing work.[/quote]

[/quote]

who says I don’t have a large sum of money ? What is a large sum of money ?
[/quote]

If you have to ask you don’t have it!

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

I have held a child in India that had not eaten in 2 weeks. He should have been brown but his color was gray. That is poverty. This country does not understand what the word poor means.[/quote]

Right you are! Our “poor people” watch cable TV, carry cell phones and are fatter than a prime Hog before Easter.

There are no starving people in the US, but plenty of people sitting on their front porches waiting for a free check.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

I have held a child in India that had not eaten in 2 weeks. He should have been brown but his color was gray. That is poverty. This country does not understand what the word poor means.[/quote]

Right you are! Our “poor people” watch cable TV, carry cell phones and are fatter than a prime Hog before Easter.

There are no starving people in the US, but plenty of people sitting on their front porches waiting for a free check.
[/quote]

And I apologize for sounding like a tape stuck on repeat, but it is ENTIRELY possible for people to live off of minimum wage jobs if they would stop spending money on junk they DON’T NEED!

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[/quote]

And I apologize for sounding like a tape stuck on repeat, but it is ENTIRELY possible for people to live off of minimum wage jobs if they would stop spending money on junk they DON’T NEED! [/quote]

I agree you can live off minimum wage in Warren Ohio but not NYC or LA etc. :slight_smile:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[/quote]

watching TV playing on a computer and having cell phones are not a luxury . This is America 2013 .

Zeb is right (EYE ROLL) these people sit on their porch and wait for checks . But that is because that check We send to them is bigger than the check Walmart will pay

TV, computers and cell phones are not luxuries? You classify those items as necessities?

How much should Wal-Mart pay its employees? Whenever I go into Wal-Mart it seems to have plenty of workers.

Economics.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Amazing work.[/quote]

[/quote]

who says I don’t have a large sum of money?
[/quote]

Easy answer…you would buy a grammar and spell check program for your Apple III.
[/quote]

funny you mention it I am looking at Grammerly . I just can not find out how much it is . I hate downloading a program that I do not intend to use . I’ld go $40 but no more . If you can get a price I would be happy :slight_smile: