T Nation

Taxes Went Up and Who's Fault Is It?

Please tell me if I am wrong , Obama wanted to raise taxes only on the top 2% The Republicans wanted to protect the poor little wealthy class so they negotiated that the increase was spread across the middle class and only increase the top 1%

thanks :slight_smile:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
The Republicans … negotiated that the increase was spread across the middle class and only increase the top 1%

thanks :)[/quote]

Not only does this statement make no sense what so ever, even if I am correct in my assumption of your meaning, it has zero factual or historical actions to back it up.

This statement is a fabrication, and based on nothing more than demagoguery.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
The Republicans wanted to protect the poor little wealthy class[/quote]

In another thread, you fabricate this false situation where “conservatives refuse to listen to other points of view” and then come in here and say this utter nonsense, because you yourself have, again, refused to actually understand the position of the people that disasgree with you.

Amazing work.

And FYI - even though Bam promised it wouldn’t happen if you made less than 250k, your taxes went up due to the payroll tax holiday ending, which neither party overly express desire to keep.

But, keep on keeping on, what would 2007-2013 be if everyone didn’t just make shit up and blame the “right” for?

Well if Obama program went through just the top 2% would be bitching right now Right ? I understand Obama had to compromise . Do i understand it correctly ?

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Do i understand it correctly ?[/quote]

no

Remember the Democrats yelling that the Bush Tax cuts where only for the rich when it passed? I guess the Bush Tax Cuts were good for everyone since the Democrats wanted to keep them around. Republicans want everyone to win and make a good life for themselves. Democrats want to take from the prosperous (that includes Middle Class) and make every one poor and rely on Big Brother.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Please tell me if I am wrong , Obama wanted to raise taxes only on the top 2% The Republicans wanted to protect the poor little wealthy class so they negotiated that the increase was spread across the middle class and only increase the top 1%

thanks :)[/quote]

There was no negotiated ‘across the board’ tax increase. What the republicans negotiated was raising the threshold to over $400,000 instead of $250,000. The Bush tax cuts under $400,000 were made permanent.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
The Republicans … negotiated that the increase was spread across the middle class and only increase the top 1%

thanks :)[/quote]

Not only does this statement make no sense what so ever, even if I am correct in my assumption of your meaning, it has zero factual or historical actions to back it up.

This statement is a fabrication, and based on nothing more than demagoguery.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
The Republicans wanted to protect the poor little wealthy class[/quote]

In another thread, you fabricate this false situation where “conservatives refuse to listen to other points of view” and then come in here and say this utter nonsense, because you yourself have, again, refused to actually understand the position of the people that disasgree with you.

Amazing work.[/quote]

What is actually happening is that the payroll tax cuts were removed, that’s where the middle class is getting hosed. You know the payroll tax, and why shouldn’t big companies pay more? Well that shit comes out of our pocket not theirs and that was obama’s baby, not the republicans. That was part of the ‘hose the rich’ tax plan. Except is us who pays that, not the company. That’s why our taxes went up.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

But, keep on keeping on, what would 2007-2013 be if everyone didn’t just make shit up and blame the “right” for?[/quote]

I swear to god, my friends…who include that scamp FightingIrish…are STILL blaming Bush for shit.

For serious.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
The Republicans … negotiated that the increase was spread across the middle class and only increase the top 1%

thanks :)[/quote]

Not only does this statement make no sense what so ever, even if I am correct in my assumption of your meaning, it has zero factual or historical actions to back it up.

This statement is a fabrication, and based on nothing more than demagoguery.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
The Republicans wanted to protect the poor little wealthy class[/quote]

In another thread, you fabricate this false situation where “conservatives refuse to listen to other points of view” and then come in here and say this utter nonsense, because you yourself have, again, refused to actually understand the position of the people that disasgree with you.

Amazing work.[/quote]

What is actually happening is that the payroll tax cuts were removed, that’s where the middle class is getting hosed. You know the payroll tax, and why shouldn’t big companies pay more? Well that shit comes out of our pocket not theirs and that was obama’s baby, not the republicans. That was part of the ‘hose the rich’ tax plan. Except is us who pays that, not the company. That’s why our taxes went up.[/quote]

My employees are also pissed that their take-home pay is down because insurance premiums went through the roof because of all the mandated coverage coming under ObamaCare.

It sucks, but I told them millions of Democrats depend on them to work so they can stay home and play Xbox.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

But, keep on keeping on, what would 2007-2013 be if everyone didn’t just make shit up and blame the “right” for?[/quote]

I swear to god, my friends…who include that scamp FightingIrish…are STILL blaming Bush for shit.

For serious.[/quote]

Democrats are not big on personal responsibility, especially for Obama.

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
The Republicans … negotiated that the increase was spread across the middle class and only increase the top 1%

thanks :)[/quote]

Not only does this statement make no sense what so ever, even if I am correct in my assumption of your meaning, it has zero factual or historical actions to back it up.

This statement is a fabrication, and based on nothing more than demagoguery.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
The Republicans wanted to protect the poor little wealthy class[/quote]

In another thread, you fabricate this false situation where “conservatives refuse to listen to other points of view” and then come in here and say this utter nonsense, because you yourself have, again, refused to actually understand the position of the people that disasgree with you.

Amazing work.[/quote]

What is actually happening is that the payroll tax cuts were removed, that’s where the middle class is getting hosed. You know the payroll tax, and why shouldn’t big companies pay more? Well that shit comes out of our pocket not theirs and that was obama’s baby, not the republicans. That was part of the ‘hose the rich’ tax plan. Except is us who pays that, not the company. That’s why our taxes went up.[/quote]

My employees are also pissed that their take-home pay is down because insurance premiums went through the roof because of all the mandated coverage coming under ObamaCare.

It sucks, but I told them millions of Democrats depend on them to work so they can stay home and play Xbox.[/quote]

I can understand IMO one of the biggest problems with affordable health care act was it did not address the run away costs . IMO Health care could be best run by nonprofit like a public utility

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Please tell me if I am wrong , Obama wanted to raise taxes only on the top 2% The Republicans wanted to protect the poor little wealthy class so they negotiated that the increase was spread across the middle class and only increase the top 1%

thanks :)[/quote]

There was no negotiated ‘across the board’ tax increase. What the republicans negotiated was raising the threshold to over $400,000 instead of $250,000. The Bush tax cuts under $400,000 were made permanent.[/quote]

They had to cover a dollar amount and so if you limit the tax to the upper income the only other option is to spead it out in the middle income because other than SS the poor pay no taxes

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
The Republicans … negotiated that the increase was spread across the middle class and only increase the top 1%

thanks :)[/quote]

Not only does this statement make no sense what so ever, even if I am correct in my assumption of your meaning, it has zero factual or historical actions to back it up.

This statement is a fabrication, and based on nothing more than demagoguery.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
The Republicans wanted to protect the poor little wealthy class[/quote]

In another thread, you fabricate this false situation where “conservatives refuse to listen to other points of view” and then come in here and say this utter nonsense, because you yourself have, again, refused to actually understand the position of the people that disasgree with you.

Amazing work.[/quote]

What is actually happening is that the payroll tax cuts were removed, that’s where the middle class is getting hosed. You know the payroll tax, and why shouldn’t big companies pay more? Well that shit comes out of our pocket not theirs and that was obama’s baby, not the republicans. That was part of the ‘hose the rich’ tax plan. Except is us who pays that, not the company. That’s why our taxes went up.[/quote]

My employees are also pissed that their take-home pay is down because insurance premiums went through the roof because of all the mandated coverage coming under ObamaCare.

It sucks, but I told them millions of Democrats depend on them to work so they can stay home and play Xbox.[/quote]

I can understand IMO one of the biggest problems with affordable health care act was it did not address the run away costs . IMO Health care could be best run by nonprofit like a public utility [/quote]

My friends in Australia fly here for specialist treatment…because they would have to wait MONTHS there to see a doctor.

Same with Canada and England.

It sounds good in theory, but the practical application of socialized medicine is just not possible.

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

But, keep on keeping on, what would 2007-2013 be if everyone didn’t just make shit up and blame the “right” for?[/quote]

I swear to god, my friends…who include that scamp FightingIrish…are STILL blaming Bush for shit.

For serious.[/quote]

Democrats are not big on personal responsibility, especially for Obama.[/quote]

I know these are popular statements but I am curious exactly what you mean ? How is Obama or the Democrats different in responsiblity than let’s say Bush or the Republicans ?

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
The Republicans … negotiated that the increase was spread across the middle class and only increase the top 1%

thanks :)[/quote]

Not only does this statement make no sense what so ever, even if I am correct in my assumption of your meaning, it has zero factual or historical actions to back it up.

This statement is a fabrication, and based on nothing more than demagoguery.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
The Republicans wanted to protect the poor little wealthy class[/quote]

In another thread, you fabricate this false situation where “conservatives refuse to listen to other points of view” and then come in here and say this utter nonsense, because you yourself have, again, refused to actually understand the position of the people that disasgree with you.

Amazing work.[/quote]

What is actually happening is that the payroll tax cuts were removed, that’s where the middle class is getting hosed. You know the payroll tax, and why shouldn’t big companies pay more? Well that shit comes out of our pocket not theirs and that was obama’s baby, not the republicans. That was part of the ‘hose the rich’ tax plan. Except is us who pays that, not the company. That’s why our taxes went up.[/quote]

We agree the middle class got hosed :)the wealthy skated just like the Republicans wanted

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
The Republicans … negotiated that the increase was spread across the middle class and only increase the top 1%

thanks :)[/quote]

Not only does this statement make no sense what so ever, even if I am correct in my assumption of your meaning, it has zero factual or historical actions to back it up.

This statement is a fabrication, and based on nothing more than demagoguery.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
The Republicans wanted to protect the poor little wealthy class[/quote]

In another thread, you fabricate this false situation where “conservatives refuse to listen to other points of view” and then come in here and say this utter nonsense, because you yourself have, again, refused to actually understand the position of the people that disasgree with you.

Amazing work.[/quote]

What is actually happening is that the payroll tax cuts were removed, that’s where the middle class is getting hosed. You know the payroll tax, and why shouldn’t big companies pay more? Well that shit comes out of our pocket not theirs and that was obama’s baby, not the republicans. That was part of the ‘hose the rich’ tax plan. Except is us who pays that, not the company. That’s why our taxes went up.[/quote]

My employees are also pissed that their take-home pay is down because insurance premiums went through the roof because of all the mandated coverage coming under ObamaCare.

It sucks, but I told them millions of Democrats depend on them to work so they can stay home and play Xbox.[/quote]

I can understand IMO one of the biggest problems with affordable health care act was it did not address the run away costs . IMO Health care could be best run by nonprofit like a public utility [/quote]

My friends in Australia fly here for specialist treatment…because they would have to wait MONTHS there to see a doctor.

Same with Canada and England.

It sounds good in theory, but the practical application of socialized medicine is just not possible.[/quote]

I have family in the Netherlands and they say the same as you say . I know Canadians that will not come to America without purchasing a rider on their health care .

In America we had the oportunity to design the best health care system in the world and BOTH PARTIES blew it

The question is not what taxes are now, that is incredibly short sighted. The question is how will we ever finance our dept and liabilities in the future.

We are putting things on a credit card so they don’t come out of our revenue. In the coming years this may necessitate taxes be 2 or 3 times what they are now for everyone.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
The question is not what taxes are now, that is incredibly short sighted. The question is how will we ever finance our dept and liabilities in the future.

We are putting things on a credit card so they don’t come out of our revenue. In the coming years this may necessitate taxes be 2 or 3 times what they are now for everyone.[/quote]

I agree we have to look at our budget like other counties the money we give Israel and Mexico and other countries ,the war on Drugs ,TSA, NSA,FBI,CIA, and a myriad of other acronyms plus the military , all have to come under one banner let’s call it National Defense .That is the 1200 lb gorilla . We will not get spending under control by increasing spending at every opportunity

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
The question is not what taxes are now, that is incredibly short sighted. The question is how will we ever finance our dept and liabilities in the future.

We are putting things on a credit card so they don’t come out of our revenue. In the coming years this may necessitate taxes be 2 or 3 times what they are now for everyone.[/quote]

I agree we have to look at our budget like other counties the money we give Israel and Mexico and other countries ,the war on Drugs ,TSA, NSA,FBI,CIA, and a myriad of other acronyms plus the military , all have to come under one banner let’s call it National Defense .That is the 1200 lb gorilla . We will not get spending under control by increasing spending at every opportunity
[/quote]

Thats true, but you could cut the defense budget to ZERO and still not come anywhere near paying our bills, so it can’t be just that. We cannot physically do this without slashing entitlements–very hard–as well.