Tattoo Stretching

Hey guys,

I plan on getting a tattoo over my shoulder, but I also plan on making my shoulders much larger over the years.

Is it going to stretch proportionally or look bad?

If so, what should I do about this? Do I need to pick one or the other, basically?

The tattoo is this:

but on a smaller scale covering the shoulder.

If it does stretch, would touch ups fix it?
Thanks,

first theres no picture in that link. secondly when i got mine i asked around and everyone seemed to say that it would not be a problem. its not on my shoulder but same concept.

yea dude that link don’t work man.

i think you should be fine though…human skin and youth are beautiful things

This is worse resolution and size, but:

Where is yours and have you grown significantly since you got it? How has it fared? Has it stretched along with your skin, but remain proportional or how’d that work?

Get a small tattoo of your dick that says “actual size” then you will have some good motivation to workout more.

i doubt it’d stretch…unless you’re planning on DRASTICALLY and RAPIDLY ballooning like a pregnant belly does, it’ll be fine.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:
Get a small tattoo of your dick that says “actual size” then you will have some good motivation to workout more.[/quote]

that would be less ghey than the one he picked out.

I think he should get a tribal band around his bicep. then, when they get hyoooooge, the stretch marks will be evidence of hardcoreness.

My last tat that went over stretch marks on my Bi didnt heal well in that specific area and will need to be touched up. So I’d say if you have stretch marks already on your shoulder do your best to avoid them or risk needing a touch up. They may also be at riks of creating discolouration as they grow. But to assume that the entire tattoo will somehow become disfigured or disproportioned as you grow overall sounds illogical to me. I’ve never once heard of someone with this issue.

I have a 1/2 sleeve, shoulder, and chest. The only advise is for the stretchmarks…when it heels put some vitamin e lotion it will help the heeling process. The issue for stretchmarks would be to maybe go back for touch up…

Are you really sure you want this drawing?

[quote]CBear84 wrote:
sufiandy wrote:
Get a small tattoo of your dick that says “actual size” then you will have some good motivation to workout more.

I think he should get a tribal band around his bicep. then, when they get hyoooooge, the stretch marks will be evidence of hardcoreness. [/quote]

…yeah…i wasn’t going to comment on the tattoo design he had in mind…its the thousands of “badass superman” designs like this that keeps our friendly neighborhood tattoo artists in buisness :wink:

[quote]Sindie wrote:
CBear84 wrote:
sufiandy wrote:

I think he should get a tribal band around his bicep. then, when they get hyoooooge, the stretch marks will be evidence of hardcoreness.

…yeah…i wasn’t going to comment on the tattoo design he had in mind…its the thousands of “badass superman” designs like this that keeps our friendly neighborhood tattoo artists in buisness :wink:
[/quote]

I haven’t seen this one in person ever, or any Superman tattoo, at that. I don’t think it’s bad just because it’s not “deep” or have meaning or whatever. Look at that detail. How fucking awesome does it looks? Also getting two others, but those shouldn’t stretch as easily.

artem homie

on some real shit…dont get that fucking thing drawn on you, its fucking gay!

find something else bro, don’t be a douche

Which artist are you planning on getting it done by?
Btw, I think that is photoshopped. The original had spiderman, so it wont pop quite like that one. Nick Baxter could pull it off though. I dont think the stretching will be too bad, unless of course you decide to gain 100lbs in a year and then lose it all again, every year lol so yea it shouldn’t be much of a prob.

Pretty detailed tat you want, and red and yellow fade the quickest, so with the added muscle over the years it could get a lil funky. Like the others say, a touch up can fix it up.

Heres a link to Nick Baxter’s site:

I would just avoid the crease at the chest and lat. that’s where most get stretch marks.

You’ll regret that tattoo. Get one that means something not one where down the road you’ll be like “WTF did I get superman logo on my shoulder”. Just get DC tattooed on your shoulder if you want that. Get something unique that people will ask you about not be like “Oh a superman tattoo great” more like “What is your tattoo about?”

And chances are it won’t come out like that in the pic you gave us to look at. Very much photoshopped (obviously).

Charles your arm/shoulder tatt is sick, looks really good man. I have always like koi fish.

Tats don’t stretch like that. I’ve gone up about 90lbs since I got mine and they still look the same…in spite of my shoulders growing significantly since then.

make sure you want that tattoo before you get it. make damn sure.

[quote]Artem wrote:
Sindie wrote:
CBear84 wrote:
sufiandy wrote:

I haven’t seen this one in person ever, or any Superman tattoo, at that. I don’t think it’s bad just because it’s not “deep” or have meaning or whatever. Look at that detail. How fucking awesome does it looks? Also getting two others, but those shouldn’t stretch as easily.[/quote]

you have every right to get whatever you want, but i hope you don’t get a superman one, just because it is pretty common, especially in the age and demographic (young male 18-24ish, into sports and or workin out and i might be wrong but some gay as in real homosexual not just gay the adjective meaning)–but that piece does have a cool effect, but in the coolness it doesn’t make sense for your shoulders.

it would look strange on your shoulders since the piece is supposed to resemble his costume, and it being part of his core—with his skin covering it up i take it? it wouldn’t necessarily make sense being placed on your shoulders.

but you are right, you can have whatever and it doesn’t have to be deep meaning, i’m all for fun tattoos too, but i think you can find are more original piece–if you wanted with the same Superman theme, less played out by diggin around…but you’re totally right in it not having be some deep meaning thing, i have some fucked up tattooes myself! --but i also am paying up the ass to fix them now.