Tattoo Stretch

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, I’m new to this site. I’m 19 and have been lifting for 2 years now. 172 lbs 5’ 9" with moderate muscle mass. I recently got a tattoo on my left ribcage that comes up about 3 inches on my chest. When I do a chest work out, I see the tattoo stretch toward my nipple a few inches then a few hours later return back to the normal position.

I know it’s because the muscle swells and so the skin stretches. My question is will my tattoo have this stretch after I build on muscle. I plan on weighing about 200 pounds and cut body fat about 5% leaving me at about 11% body fat. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

[quote]aric.alcantara wrote:
Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, I’m new to this site. I’m 19 and have been lifting for 2 years now. 172 lbs 5’ 9" with moderate muscle mass. I recently got a tattoo on my left ribcage that comes up about 3 inches on my chest. When I do a chest work out, I see the tattoo stretch toward my nipple a few inches then a few hours later return back to the normal position.

I know it’s because the muscle swells and so the skin stretches. My question is will my tattoo have this stretch after I build on muscle. I plan on weighing about 200 pounds and cut body fat about 5%. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.[/quote]

You get to 200 lbs at a no shit 5% body fat and no one will care how stretched your tattoo is.

I know it’s because the muscle swells and so the skin stretches. My question is will my tattoo have this stretch after I build on muscle. I plan on weighing about 200 pounds and cut body fat about 5%. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.[/quote]

[quote]johngalt191 wrote:

You get to 200 lbs at a no shit 5% body fat and no one will care how stretched your tattoo is.[/quote]
Na he’s sayin he wants to be 200lbs @ 11% bodyfat. My only advice OP is to forget that bodyfat percentages exist and never speak of them again. Just go by how you look in the mirror and on the scale.

And don’t worry too much about your tattoos. The cortisol from that will impede your gains. I doubt it will mess anything up, but if it does I’m willing to bet you could get it fixed with a quick touch up for a fraction of what you paid for the original.

This is like when I buy 36’ pants even though they’re tight because I’m pretty damn sure that I’ll be back down to 36’ pants after I get my shit together.

I had one on my forearm that stretched as I gained muscle and strength. It was mainly round, but got egg-shaped over the years. I had a cover up done over it a few years back.

Rob

[quote]Nards wrote:
This is like when I buy 36’ pants even though they’re tight because I’m pretty damn sure that I’ll be back down to 36’ pants after I get my shit together.[/quote]

Stretchy waist - don’t listen to what society has to say they don’t know what we have to face.

[quote]tsantos wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
This is like when I buy 36’ pants even though they’re tight because I’m pretty damn sure that I’ll be back down to 36’ pants after I get my shit together.[/quote]

Stretchy waist - don’t listen to what society has to say they don’t know what we have to face.[/quote]

I hate when I can juuuuuust fit into pants and end up blowing the button off the first time I tie my shoes.