T Nation

Tattoo on Forearm, Weight Gain?

Hey,

Didn’t really know where to put this, so the get a life forum was my first pick :slight_smile:
As the title says I plan on getting a tattoo May 29th. I was just wondering if it would be a huge problem for me gaining some more weight after the tattoo has been set ?

I don’t plan on gaining 40 pounds anymore, but I want to put on about 12-15 pounds. The tattoo itself will be on my forearm, so I THINK it should be ok, but I am not sure.

Any experienced people out there who can give me some good advice :slight_smile:

I got a tattoo of the golden girls on my forearm when I was 18 with the words thank you for being a friend under them. I was only 165 lbs I’m now 230…and now Bea Arthur’s face is all warped. I wish I would have waited.

True, but I’m currently sitting on 182 pounds going to a maximum of about 195. Would you think a 10-12 pound increase spread overall on the body be as detrimental as in your case ?
I’m already 25 years old, I don’t plan on going bodybuilding style either :stuck_out_tongue:

No man. I’m sure you will be fine. My body has gone through quite a change since my first tattoo…you have nothing to worry about

Thanks for you reply Matty, helpful to get some insights!
I thought so from you initial post that your body composition has changed more then mine every will after my tattoo :wink:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
I got a tattoo of the golden girls on my forearm when I was 18 with the words thank you for being a friend under them. I was only 165 lbs I’m now 230…and now Bea Arthur’s face is all warped. I wish I would have waited.[/quote]

LOL

I worked with a guy once that said his non-complete tribal band upper arm tattoo used to go all the way around, but his arms had gotten so big that it separated. This dude was serious. And told everyone that was hanging out at the bar after work this one night. After that night whenever this dude would say something the first thing that popped into my head was “this dude is full of shit”.

Cool story Bro

I’ve got a tribal band on my upper arm. When I got it I weighed about 170ish. After gaining 20 pounds about a year later, the approx. 1" gap inside my bicep (part of the design) spread out more. Now, about 15 years and another 20+ pounds, and it has widened to the point that I can’t see the rear point anymore.

Like I said though, mine already had a gap. I didn’t magically create a gap in a previously solid tattoo. The ability of people to believe their own bullshit never ceases to amaze me.

My tattoos have survived a pregnancy without becoming unrecognizable. The odds of your forearm taking on a significant portion of that 12-15lb weight gain is pretty low I’m guessing.

I have a fly tattoo on my dick and when I get hard it turns into an eagle.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
I have a fly tattoo on my dick and when I get hard it turns into an eagle. [/quote]

Weird. My fly tattoo turns into Mothra.

I think there are areas on the body that are more prone to stretching, whether muscle or fat gain/loss. With the amount of muscle you’re hoping to gain, I have no doubt your forearms won’t really warp anything in any horrible noticeable way.

And MattyXL, just sharing yet another reason why you’re one of the most hardcore MFers on this site -lol.

S

Thanks for the information guys/girls!
I also don’t think my future weight gain will be too detrimental to my tattoo. Thanks again!

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I think there are areas on the body that are more prone to stretching, whether muscle or fat gain/loss. With the amount of muscle you’re hoping to gain, I have no doubt your forearms won’t really warp anything in any horrible noticeable way.

And MattyXL, just sharing yet another reason why you’re one of the most hardcore MFers on this site -lol.

S[/quote]

Thanks bro! It means alot that you noticed how much of a hard rock I am! :wink: