Tattoo Cost?

I dont think tattoo pain is necessarily the same between two people. I have a full sleeve, and no where on the entire arm did it really hurt too much. Back of my calf tickled so bad I couldnt hold my leg still. Back piece just about made me literally puke it hurt so much. It’s also no reason to decide where you want permanent art on your body. Get it done where you want it, expect it to hurt like a bitch. But that size/detail, it should only be an hour or so.

Gregron:

"If you really love it and know that you’ll want to have that permanently on your skin in 30+ years when your a grandpa then go get it. "

I can’t deny that I might be wrong here, but I’ve had so many people ask me “when you are 80, and that tattoo looks like shit, are you still going to want it?” I’m gonna be 80. What the goddamn hell am I gonna care? haha
Yes, I gave up a lot of potential professional opportunity the second I had ink anywhere visible, but I’m not too worried about it.

I won’t give advice here, but I will give my opinion: If you want a tattoo, go get it. Don’t worry about a job interview or what your grandkids will think about the ugly blob of ink on your arm.

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
You picked a painful spot to have your first tattoo. It’s the third most painful spot on the arm behind inside of wrist and opposite side of elbow. Like other said, should cost around $100.[/quote]

I did not know the inside of the arm being tattooed would be that painful. Any area exposed to bone and cartilage (rib cage, spine etc) will hurt. Areas of tender skin (like stomach) will hurt a lot. I would have said any part of the legs is okay but have since found that the hamstrings hurt when tattooed over.

OP, everyone has a different threshold for pain. Once you’ve done your first one and survived you’ll want more because “pain is fleeting but tattoos are forever” (no I am not quoting Ct. Rockula haha).

I would also consult someone from the culture you intend to get tattooed. It might look cool but knowing what it means in their culture means a lot more (hence the overuse of koi, various masks etc). Chinese characters sound “cool” but single characters seem a bit lame after a while (IMHO) especially in a location where everyone can read it. A good tattoo artist will tattoo the symbol and keep it subtle and not lose the true meaning.

Most shops have a $100 minimum which covers the cost of the needle packets and other supplies above the tattoo rate. Shops by me get $150 for the 1st hour and $120 per after that. I get a flat $120 where I go. Don’t shop around for the cheapest place either, ask around for a reputable shop.

As far as the pain goes, there are certain spots that are going to hurt a little more than others, but in the end it doesn’t matter. Get it where you want it.

[quote]mkral55 wrote:
Gregron:

"If you really love it and know that you’ll want to have that permanently on your skin in 30+ years when your a grandpa then go get it. "

I can’t deny that I might be wrong here, but I’ve had so many people ask me “when you are 80, and that tattoo looks like shit, are you still going to want it?” I’m gonna be 80. What the goddamn hell am I gonna care? haha
[/quote]

I get this asked and my response is always when I am 80 WTF on me is going to look good? How my tat looks compared to my sagging nuts, bald head, denture wearing, saggy ass, liver spotted and blind ass I mean really.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]mkral55 wrote:
Gregron:

[/quote]

I get this asked and my response is always when I am 80 WTF on me is going to look good? How my tat looks compared to my sagging nuts, bald head, denture wearing, saggy ass, liver spotted and blind ass I mean really. [/quote]

Agreed. If you look like hell, it’s not going to matter if you have ink or not. If I live to see my 80th birthday I’ll just be happy to be on this side of the soil. I will probably celebrate with lots of whiskey.

My buddies grandfather a scottish guy had a whole ship (like the cutty sark) tattooed on his chest…he was about 80 I thought it was as cool as hell.