Tasty New Snack

I’m commutting to school now and its hard to try to eat healthy being in college period, much less trying to gain some lean muscle while doing it.

in my backpack other than my school books I carry 4 protien shakes, assorted raw nuts(no homo), 3 large subway style sandwhiches (that i make at home), beef jerky, and 1/2gal of water…yes its a big backpack.

I found something new tho thats been great.

boiled eggs with peanut butter!

I boil about 10 eggs, and put them in a ziplock bag with a shitload of jiffy and I have something to chew on all day.

only problem is between that, protien shakes and 2 quarts of milk a day…it leaves ya with some pretty nasty farts. I mean clear a room, make em puke farts…

I would never have thought to put eggs together with Peanut Butter. Sounds nasty…but I’ll try anything once.

[quote]Doc M wrote:
I would never have thought to put eggs together with Peanut Butter. Sounds nasty…but I’ll try anything once.[/quote]

You don’t have to try communism to know it sucks.

At any rate, I carry around a ton of food with me all the time; I might try some of your suggestions. I put baggies of protein powder in a shaker cup, so that way, presto, preworkout, postworkout Surge + whey + casein + weee!

[quote]mauser wrote:

• weee![/quote]

You drink wee. That is pretty rank. Maybe you should try Gatorade.

Lmfao.

I usally keep food on me (in my cargo pockets) while on shift. A couple weeks ago we got into a fight with a meth head and my peanut butter sandwich got crushed and got all over my pocket.

I make my sanwiches with about an inch of PB so it was quite the mess indeed.

I also agree hard boiled eggs rock for meals to go. Im too poor for nuts though…

Proving that, once again, drugs are catabolic…

[quote]bboybean wrote:
I usally keep food on me (in my cargo pockets) while on shift. A couple weeks ago we got into a fight with a meth head and my peanut butter sandwich got crushed and got all over my pocket.

I make my sanwiches with about an inch of PB so it was quite the mess indeed.

I also agree hard boiled eggs rock for meals to go. Im too poor for nuts though…[/quote]

A ziplock bag might help.

“Hey Napoleon, give me some of your tots”

“Get your own tots”

SQUASH

And a tip to make the shells literally fall off a boiled egg. Before you put them in the pot to boil just lightly tap it and cause a small crack in the egg. Obviously don’t smash it hard or things will get messy. I’ve been eating shitloads of boiled eggs ever since I learned this little trick.

The thing I don’t like about packing eggs is their water content makes them gross once you want to eat them. Big fan of peanut butter though. I always carry around a jar of peanut butter in my backpack.

Boiled Eggs and Peanut Butter together is the greatest thing ever… I have been eating this everyday for the longest. Especially with some Cottage Cheese to go with it.

Just saw this at Poliquin’s site:

I wish I had some ideas to contribute…instead, I ask of to keep those snacks coming. I’m taking notes :slight_smile:

I will not be drinking wee, though.