Targeting One Muscle

Gaining muscle is a lot more than just breaking down the tissue and then waiting for it to rebuild bigger and stronger. Weight lifting generates a huge hormonal response that completely changes your body’s metabolism, not just in the one area that you worked.

The reason that most people are unable to build only one muscle group is that neglecting the others means that 90% of your body is not contributing to you overall metabolism.

You go to the gym monday and do chest (which is also obviously working your triceps and delts too) and leave the gym with elevated levels of HGH, much lower levels of insulin, much higher cardiac output, increased respiration and oxygen delivery to your tissues. Then you go home and pound down a huge meal of carbohydrates and proteins.

Do you think these effects are limited to your chest?? Of course not! Obviously your chest is going to need more of those nutrients to repair, but every organ in your body feels these increases. The difference is that if you are not creating a nutrient deficit prior to this loading, most of it will not be absorbed and will just turn to fat.

There’s your long answer to a short question.

Nobody asked a question.

[quote]DJS wrote:
Nobody asked a question.

[/quote]

Lol!

lol wut

[quote]DJS wrote:
Nobody asked a question.

[/quote]

Ha!

[quote]kylec72 wrote:
DJS wrote:
Nobody asked a question.

Lol![/quote]

lol. Maybe it was a premature response to a question that someone was going to ask in the near future but decided that they didn’t need to ask the since it was already answered…how convenient. my head hurts.

[quote]Paste42 wrote:
kylec72 wrote:
DJS wrote:
Nobody asked a question.

Lol!

lol. Maybe it was a premature response to a question that someone was going to ask in the near future but decided that they didn’t need to ask the since it was already answered…how convenient. my head hurts.[/quote]

That’s some Minority Report shit right there.

friggin deja vu

mind = blown

Everything is suddenly too real.

i dont even get the answer, someone care to explain what the question would have been?

So, should I bulk or cut?

mind fuck

I was hoping this thread was a good place to ask a question that has been nagging me:

Basically, I wondered if Gaining muscle is a lot more than just breaking down the tissue and then waiting for it to rebuild bigger and stronger. Weight lifting generates a huge hormonal response that completely changes your body’s metabolism, not just in the one area that you worked.

The reason that most people are unable to build only one muscle group is that neglecting the others means that 90% of your body is not contributing to you overall metabolism.

You go to the gym monday and do chest (which is also obviously working your triceps and delts too) and leave the gym with elevated levels of HGH, much lower levels of insulin, much higher cardiac output, increased respiration and oxygen delivery to your tissues. Then you go home and pound down a huge meal of carbohydrates and proteins.

Do you think these effects are limited to your chest?? Of course not! Obviously your chest is going to need more of those nutrients to repair, but every organ in your body feels these increases. The difference is that if you are not creating a nutrient deficit prior to this loading, most of it will not be absorbed and will just turn to fat.?

Well, is that basically true?

[quote]mertdawg wrote:

Well, is that basically true?[/quote]

Why yes good sir, I just so happen to have a quote from a dear friend of mine on this very subject. Here it is:

Gaining muscle is a lot more than just breaking down the tissue and then waiting for it to rebuild bigger and stronger. Weight lifting generates a huge hormonal response that completely changes your body’s metabolism, not just in the one area that you worked.

Do you think these effects are limited to your chest?? Of course not! Obviously your chest is going to need more of those nutrients to repair, but every organ in your body feels these increases. The difference is that if you are not creating a nutrient deficit prior to this loading, most of it will not be absorbed and will just turn to fat.

There’s your long answer to a short question.

So wait, am I to understand that Gaining muscle is a lot more than just breaking down the tissue and then waiting for it to rebuild bigger and stronger. Weight lifting generates a huge hormonal response that completely changes your body’s metabolism, not just in the one area that you worked.

I don’t believe it. Could someone confirm that for me?

The Great Carnac!

[quote]dagerber88 wrote:

There’s your long answer to a short question.[/quote]

I’m gonna have to call troll on this one steve… Let’s review the facts: Posted exact same post in two different threads…check. No stats…check. Basically no profile at all…check. Gained responses out of us…check.

Damn.