T Nation

Targeted Fat Mobilization

Coach,

Recently reviewed this great past article, as prompted by the T Nation Twitter feed. Was curious as to what would be a prescribed weight for Prowler pushing in order to maximize The Ab Shredder Plan? As in, what percentage of bodyweight would be considered effective for the prescribed effort?

Much appreciated.

JJ

[quote]jjcrugby wrote:
Coach,

Recently reviewed this great past article, as prompted by the T Nation Twitter feed. Was curious as to what would be a prescribed weight for Prowler pushing in order to maximize The Ab Shredder Plan? As in, what percentage of bodyweight would be considered effective for the prescribed effort?

Much appreciated.

JJ [/quote]

Can’t say… it depends on the surface (friction makes a big difference) as well as strength levels (just because you are heavy doesn’t mean that you’ll be a strong pusher).

Not heavy by any stretch. Only 167 lbs at 68 inches. Can push this Prowler on rubber surface with 135 lbs for 30 yds (space constraints) in one direction, which results in some enjoyable elevated CNS charging.

Taking into account your response, would one then surmise that this should be a walking push of the Prowler or a sprint? Perhaps something in between?

[quote]jjcrugby wrote:
Not heavy by any stretch. Only 167 lbs at 68 inches. Can push this Prowler on rubber surface with 135 lbs for 30 yds (space constraints) in one direction, which results in some enjoyable elevated CNS charging.

Taking into account your response, would one then surmise that this should be a walking push of the Prowler or a sprint? Perhaps something in between?[/quote]

Sprint… wouldn’t the prowler mark the rubber surface though?

Possibly. I have pushed at a relatively decent throttle before and no marking occurred. It is not a pure rubber floor I guess, similar to an indoor field house facility. It is that regular black rubbery flooring that one would find in a typical commercial gym.

I appreciate the response.

I will just follow as prescribed. I am sure I will know based on the results.

Thanks, Coach.