A Gun Surround You & A Date. It’s Likely
Only 1 Side Walks Away. You’ve Now
Got At Most 5 Seconds To Pull Out ALL Your
Self Defense Training Skills & Leave These
Creeps Disabled, Disarmed… And Maybe
Even Dead… If You Hope To Survive.
â??Can You… With 100% Certainty?
If You’re Not Sure, Then Read On…â??

…and that was about where I stopped. Anyone who claims to be able to teach you how to deal with multiple armed attackers in a two day seminar is taking the piss.

Watching the vids it is bog standard self defence techniques that wouldn’t work against a fully resisting person regardless of their training.

i haven’t watched a whole lot of self-defense training programs, but i did order a VHS tape (yeah, it was a while ago!) from Paul Vunak.

he showed simple, common snse techniques, and then immediatley ran away after demonstrating them. it looked kinda goofy at first, but it showed a good point…

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Yea, I can blame him for that. Because the next time some fuckin CPA who took his class gets confronted with a knife wielding mugger, he’s going to have just enough confidence to get him stabbed and killed.
[/quote]

The way I see it, it’s the CPA’s fault for not doing more research or having the common sense to realize that you can’t learn self-defense in two days.

You would never see me at that seminar and I’m not here to start an e-fight, so we can probably agree to leave it at that.

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Yea, I can blame him for that. Because the next time some fuckin CPA who took his class gets confronted with a knife wielding mugger, he’s going to have just enough confidence to get him stabbed and killed.

The way I see it, it’s the CPA’s fault for not doing more research or having the common sense to realize that you can’t learn self-defense in two days.

You would never see me at that seminar and I’m not here to start an e-fight, so we can probably agree to leave it at that.[/quote]

No.

Actually, the financial analogy works well. Bunch of Wall Street guys who claim to be certified and educated tell people what the worst case scenario is and the plethora of ways they could lose their money. They know the average guy either doesn’t have the interest or the brain to do it himself, and they take advantage of it.

Next thing you know, they lose all your money and you’re left holding the bag.

Like that, these people see this asshole, who FALSELY claims to have taught military and police and what not all over the world, and believe him when he says that he can teach them to prevent the worst thing imaginable happening to them- physical harm coming to them and their family.

And sure, for 98 percent of these people, it will never matter worth a damn anyway. But for that one guy who gets stabbed, or his wife or kid gets seriously hurt because of the false sense of confidence this asshole instilled in him… it’s just wrong.

Anyone who is charismatic and plays on your fears can go a long way to getting money and power. These guys are no different. Call it what you want, but I don’t believe in conning people. Some of us would rather have our integrity than a quick buck.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
They know the average guy either doesn’t have the interest or the brain to do it himself[/quote]

And I submit that’s his fault. Doesn’t make it right on their part, but I’m damn sure not going to hand my money over somebody without doing a lot of research.

I’m not saying this guy is right or wrong to do this seminar. But if his customers are happy with the product that they received (maybe they are, maybe they aren’t, I don’t know) then who are you to say he can’t sell that product?