Tamoxifen Isn’t Just a Gyno Drug

There is such a huge amount of misinformation on this board about tamoxifen and it’s use during cycles. The majority of my patients use tamoxifen as their only anti estrogen. You will hear guys on here say that it isn’t an anti estrogen and in fact just competes with estradiol in Breast tissues. This is massively incorrect. Tamoxifen acts as a receptor agonist in many tissues and can control the unwanted effects of very high estrogen by competition at receptor sites throughout the body. Here is just a brief article discussing its effects throughout the male and female body, both positive and negative.

https://academic.oup.com/mend/article/30/10/1046/2556339

3 Likes

The decreases cognitive function is a bit of a worry.?

If choosing an estrogen controlling drug, the side effect profile compared to aromasin and arimidex is markedly safer. But yes - the brain for sure matters just a small amount haha

1 Like

so @physioLojik, at what point do you think AIs are necessary?

Surely by the time you get up to 500mg+ of test, you would recommend at least a low dose?

Honestly it depends. It’s more about how patients feel. From my own experience - the guy who writes my cycles for competition used to write for t nation and is a pro and he never has me use an AI even when I run 600 mg t and 600 mg eq wth 400 mg tren and I feel awesome. It’s super individual and based on patient feedback.

1 Like

Pretty sure I know who that guy is! Haha.

Your views on E control are interesting, no doubt.

Isn’t going by feel a little dangerous, though? Like, some people feel fine with high E, but wouldn’t they still be at risk of high blood pressure and hepatic adenoma?

1 Like

@Yogi1 That’s why we are very careful to run labs with our patients and monitor everything very closely. I hate it when guys get labs and feel great and come to me and say I heard the “sweet spot” for a hormone was this or that and proceed to crash their hormones to achieve a ghost number that isn’t real and doesn’t apply across the board.

1 Like

so there does come a point then where some guy might feel alright, but his E is at a level that would concern you? Would you treat with an AI then, despite him not feeling like he needed it?

If such a level exists, what is it? What’s your E danger zone, if any?

Posted this in the trt forum. Give it a read and watch

We like e2 between 70-100 actually.

1 Like

cool thread! I haven’t had a chance to watch the video yet but I definitely will.

Ok, one more question then I’ll leave you alone, promise…

You like people to stay on nolva long term to stop gyno, but surely if E is high enough to cause gyno, then E is too high and so logically an AI would be in order?

(please understand I’m not trying to talk you into a corner or argue with your approach; I’m just trying to understand your methods because I find them intriguing)

If your e2 was high enough to cause high blood pressure, wouldn’t you feel that though?

Legitimate question: Does anyone here run high on e2 and NOT feel any negative effects?

I dunno, mate; never had high blood pressure. I think, though, if it was possible to feel then a lot more people would do something about it, but that’s just a guess.

I actually like using tamoxifen to keep the the body putting out natural hormones in the face of synthetic test. Not to stop gyno. Most gyno is usually caused by low test and high e2. Ps you don’t bother me. I really like hearing from you.

2 Likes

My E2 is in the 45/ 50 range, using some anastrozole for it. I cannot use more than 300mg test without some AI. I did it, 500mg and no AI, felt veru bad, super wet (bloated), high blood pressure, and plus, some of my leg blood vessels were literally blowing up. I still have the marks on my shins, ugly ones. As physioLojik just said, it depends. I do need some AI, tamox helped me, but anastrozole saved me. My friend doesn’t need it, he uses 700mg test when blasting and never use AI.

When I ran 500mg test I started to bloat, I just upped the Nolva to 40mg ED did not run an AI at all and it disappeared, not recommending this its just what happened to me.

1 Like