Tamoxifen Dosing

I have a lab rat. He is having some trouble with his nipples. I got some tamoxifen citrate 25mg/ml.

1.65 ml or 15.2 mg of tamoxifen citrate equals 10 mg tamoxifen.

3.3 ml or 30.4 mg of tamoxifen citrate equals 20 mg tamoxifen.

Is my math correct?

Now how much of this should I feed to my rat to see that his issues get better and for how long?

All the answers are much appreciated in advance!!! Thank you!!!

Sincerely,
JOE:)

Depends, when my guinea pig was under, to control a flare up, he used 40mg.

[quote]joeyk39 wrote:
I have a lab rat. He is having some trouble with his nipples. I got some tamoxifen citrate 25mg/ml.

1.65 ml or 15.2 mg of tamoxifen citrate equals 10 mg tamoxifen.

3.3 ml or 30.4 mg of tamoxifen citrate equals 20 mg tamoxifen.

Is my math correct?

Now how much of this should I feed to my rat to see that his issues get better and for how long?

All the answers are much appreciated in advance!!! Thank you!!!

Sincerely,
JOE:)[/quote]

No, that math would NOT be correct.

WRONG:
1.65 ml * 25mg/ml = 41.25mg
3.3 ml * 25mg/ml = 82.5mg

CORRECT:
.8 ml * 25mg/ml = 20mg
.4 ml * 25mg/ml = 10mg

Why can’t people do simple math? It was just multiplication.

And how the hell does 15.2 mg of TC = 10mg of TC, along with 30.4 mg of TC = 20 mg of TC? You better of been high, buddy.

If you look up Nolvadex anywhere, but here is one:

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/tamox.htm

15.2mg of TC=10mg of Tamoxifen which is 10mg of Nolva.

So I think I’m right than.

My rat was stupid and was only taking DHEA over a month ago, now he’s having problems.

For how long should I give it to my rat?

DHEA? No rat should get problems from that. DHEA ranks right next to tylenol on the anabolic scale.
Further, most will say anything beyond 20mg ED is pointless for nipple control. If the stuff you got is 25mg/ml than a ml should be fine for your rat. Even with your 1-15.2 conversion rate. 25mg of citrate would equal about 17mg. That should clear you rats problem if its going to work at all.

[quote]joeyk39 wrote:
If you look up Nolvadex anywhere, but here is one:

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/tamox.htm

15.2mg of TC=10mg of Tamoxifen which is 10mg of Nolva.

So I think I’m right than.[/quote]

K, now I understand the second part, but it would still be wrong for the dosage.

Apparently, for the ratio you gave me, every 1.52mg of Tamoxifen Citrate = 1mg of Tamoxifen, thus:

1.216 ml * 25mg/ml = 30.4mg/1.52 = 20mg
0.608 ml * 25mg/ml = 15.2mg/1.52 = 10mg

You confused me at the last part for a second.

With your lab rats history, tamoxifen is the wrong drug. It acts weakly as an estrogen itself in some folks. Could aggrivate your problem, especially if you exceed 20 mg day. Just take a look at Teslac…

testolactone
A progesterone derivative with antineoplastic activity. Testolactone inhibits steroid aromatase, thereby preventing the formation of estrogen from adrenal androstenedione and reducing endogenous estrogen levels.

What the hell is up with everyone taking DHEA for performance enhancement? Countless studies have shown that it does NOTHING for people with normal levels of DHEA.

Second off, have you seen the steroidgenesis pathways of DHEA? If you have normal levels of testosterone it will just convert into estrogen or a variant thereof. You may as well be popping birth control pills (straight estradiol, as I’m assuming you didn’t know where I was going with that).

This is worthless unless you have already low levels of DHEA. I know my Dad loves it, but that’s because the man is 55 years old. Something tells me you’re not that old, and probably have normal DHEA levels.

well if all else fails you can always get a training bra for your rat…