T Nation

Talladega Nights


freaking hilarious… if you dont like Will Ferrell, then you wont like it…
but for those of us that do… go see this movie…

i was laughing out loud…

I had no idea it was out yet, this movie is going to be big in the South or with Nascar fans, hell with just about anyone in general.

[quote]EmperialChina wrote:
I had no idea it was out yet, this movie is going to be big in the South or with Nascar fans, hell with just about anyone in general.[/quote]

I think people in the south will either like it or hate it, most of the jokes in the movie make fun of the South and Nascar. I already heard people in the south saying that it was over the top, I thought it was a great movie. just my 2 cents.

I thought the movie was freaking hilarious. . . another good one from Will Ferrell

Naming him “Ricky Bobby” was a stroke of genius.

I am a big fan of Will Ferrell. Loved Old School, Anchorman, even Elf and his cameos in his other movies. I gotta say I that I did not enjoy this movie nearly as much as I was hoping for. There were only a couple times that I actually laughed out loud, most of the others were just chuckles as they seemed to be the same jokes as previous movies. The crap with his kids yelling stuff and their grandfather and such was not funny at all. The theatre I was in you could tell that the majority of the people were disapointed.

[quote]larryb wrote:
Naming him “Ricky Bobby” was a stroke of genius.[/quote]

Agreed. I saw it because the name made it seem like it would be a bigger parody of Nascar. I’d recommend seeing it if you have that sense of humor, although it’s not on the top of my list.

the knife part had me laughing pretty ahrd, when the dude used another knife to get the other one out

I thought it was great.

The thing with WF movies, to me, is that it takes a few viewings to really catch all the subtle stuff.

I’m not going to watch another WF movie in the theater, though. His films are much funnier when I watch them with my buddies or my GF exclusively, people who really get this kind of humor.

Naming the cougar Karen… Classic.

B.

LOL, the knife part was the best part. I was laughing pretty hard at that point.

I though the movie was pretty funny. Will Farell is always great.

Me and everyone else in the movies were laughing so hard.I am going to buy this when it comes out on dvd.

I thought it was pretty funny, but for me it falls into the category of a Zoolander or Napolean Dynamite type film. One which will get better and better the more times you watch it. It def had a couple one liners that will be quoted for a while…one of my favorites:

“are we going to get it on? because i am harder than a diamond in a storm”

How was Sacha Cohen in the movie? How much screen time did he get?

Will Ferrell was hilarious. The movie itself sucked. For every funny joke, there was somethine absolutly ridiculous right after that ruined my laugh. And some of the gay stuff was 100% unnessecary and 100% not funny. The jokes weren’t great, but Will Ferrell is just to damn funny. Even in a crappy movie I can still lmfao at him.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
How was Sacha Cohen in the movie? How much screen time did he get?[/quote]

He got quite a bit, playing the French guy. I for one am not a big fan of Cohen, but he was funny in this film playing a supporting role.

B.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
How was Sacha Cohen in the movie? How much screen time did he get?

He got quite a bit, playing the French guy. I for one am not a big fan of Cohen, but he was funny in this film playing a supporting role.

B.
[/quote]

Thats all I need to know. Now I’ll go see it. Not too much of a fan of Farrell in a leading role so I was going to pass. Matinee here I come!

marijuana is a wonderful thing and the have syngergistic effect when combined with will ferrell movies. the part with the kids talking shit was hillarious. The joke about highlander getting the academy award for being the best movie ever, made me crap myself.

[quote]whatsmybodyfat wrote:
marijuana is a wonderful thing and the have syngergistic effect when combined with will ferrell movies. the part with the kids talking shit was hillarious. The joke about highlander getting the academy award for being the best movie ever, made me crap myself.[/quote]

If marijuana makes you crap yourself, I’ll pass…

B.

[quote]Boyder326 wrote:
I am a big fan of Will Ferrell. Loved Old School, Anchorman, even Elf and his cameos in his other movies. I gotta say I that I did not enjoy this movie nearly as much as I was hoping for. There were only a couple times that I actually laughed out loud, most of the others were just chuckles as they seemed to be the same jokes as previous movies. The crap with his kids yelling stuff and their grandfather and such was not funny at all. The theatre I was in you could tell that the majority of the people were disapointed.[/quote]

agreed. it had its moments but i wasn’t overall thrilled with it

It was a very boring movie with a funny scene or two. I just wanted it to end so I could leave the theatre.