Tall Bodybuilders?

Does anyone have any pics of body builders who are 6’2+?

I hate being tall and I’m very unmotivated because I have no idol, not yet anyways. My muscles are all streched out through my long ass body, as apposed to a nice compact build of a man around 5’10.

I could rant all day about why I hate being tall, but I won’t :D.If someone here could post some pictures of taller body builders, it may raise my spirits.

Lou Ferrigno, Gunter, Arnold

That should help your motivation!

arnold.

Wasn’t Arnold pretty tall? I think he was about 6’2" or something.

Also, if you want to go beyond bodybuilding there are many great tall athletes with great physiques. Lennox Lewis from boxing, Jevon Kearse from the NFL, lots of k-1 kickboxers and on and on.

[quote]GriffinC wrote:

I hate being tall and am very unmotivated because … My muscles are all streched out through my long ass body, as apposed to a nice compact build of a man around 5’10.
[/quote]

Don’t be unkind to yourself. This is my favorite body type for men. You are already very attractive, now go get strong if you will.

Don’t worry about it dude. I’m 6’3" and I know that everyone shorter than me is jealous.

Make the most of what you’ve got. Yes you’ll never be a powerlifter, but you can be a great you.

Now get out there and work on creating the best you that you can!

[quote]Sxio wrote:
Don’t worry about it dude. I’m 6’3" and I know that everyone shorter than me is jealous.
[/quote]
Um, no.

[quote]
Yes you’ll never be a powerlifter…[/quote]

Why not? Taller guys can deadlift great if they have the arm length. Besides, you can be a powerlifter without worrying about being a TOP powerlifter.

Matt

I’m 6’2 and so far squat near 700 and pull 600. I’m 18 at that so how says tall people can’t powerlift. Now I’m also around 250 and continuing to gain weight to help my lifts go up. Anyway I’m tall compared to most other powerlifters so don’t worry about man.

[quote]SKman wrote:
Wasn’t Arnold pretty tall? I think he was about 6’2" or something. [/quote]

[quote]Matthew9v9 wrote:
Sxio wrote:

Um, no.

Yes you’ll never be a powerlifter…

Why not? Taller guys can deadlift great if they have the arm length. Besides, you can be a powerlifter without worrying about being a TOP powerlifter.

Matt
[/quote]

Hahahahhaha… not jealous, maybe not. Envy is more like the term you’re seeking.

Yeah my DLs are pretty high. Thanks for the support, but I really wanted to be a top powerlifter…

[quote]GriffinC wrote:
Does anyone have any pics of body builders who are 6’2+?

I hate being tall and I’m very unmotivated because I have no idol, not yet anyways. My muscles are all streched out through my long ass body, as apposed to a nice compact build of a man around 5’10.

I could rant all day about why I hate being tall, but I won’t :D.If someone here could post some pictures of taller body builders, it may raise my spirits. [/quote]
]

Ralf Moeller, was 6’5 or 6’7 (I can’t remember) and placed in the Mr. Olympia in the late eighties a few times.

He was in Gladiator and The Scorpion King as well as other films. I’m sure you can find pics if you try hard enough.

You might be able to find back issues of M&F or other mags that featured him at that time if you look.

Anybody wishing they were shorter is just crazy. I’m 6’ and definately wish I had another 2-3 inches. Unless you’re suffering from some kind of disease related to your height, I would definately say you are lucky to be that tall. I had a friend that was 6’4" and chicks always talked about how tall and sexy he was.

Basically, enjoy what you have.

[quote]chtdrmn wrote:
I’m 6’2 and so far squat near 700 and pull 600. I’m 18 at that so how says tall people can’t powerlift. Now I’m also around 250 and continuing to gain weight to help my lifts go up. Anyway I’m tall compared to most other powerlifters so don’t worry about man.[/quote]

Whoa!

Oh, and from the link EmperialChina listed:

Arnold: “I’ve heard rumors that I’m really much shorter in real life - like 5’6” or something like that - which is ridiculous. I can assure you this is not the case. People look up to me, and not just because I do a lot of work in the community."

HAHAHAHAHAHA . . . That guy is the king.

My mistake… TOP powerlifter. I just assumed as most of them are about 5’6" or so and wanting to be shorter (to get more leverage) that it would be so.

I guess that’s what you get when you assume.

Lou Ferrigno is 6’5". MaSsIvE!

Lou comapred with “regualar” people.

Hey demon hate to break it to you but just cuz your tall doesnt mean that shorter people “envy” your height. Im 5’7" and honestly couldnt give two shits if I was taller. Its what your born with and thats who you are. Its like saying that because your a certain race that people “envy” you.

Damn Lou is fucking huge!

I will keep at it, no matter how tough it gets!