Talking to Your Kids About AAS

that info is starting to pop up in a few places. there was a documentary created a while ago that basically said the same.

I am going to give her some time and then get her some “legit” sources that explain the realities of responsible steroid use in healthy adult men. it usually takes her about a week to mull something like this over and have an open mind about it.

[quote]FuriousGeorge wrote:

1. she had no idea I had done them (the flucuations in weight, strength, and libido were not really noticed…nor were my injections in the washroom or injection marks in my delts, quads, etc)…she broke this down to me being really good at lying and figured if I could easily decieve her about this I could possibly show up one day and tell her I had another wife/kids/family or something because I can be deceptive so easily/effectively. this was hands down the biggest issue.[/quote]

Wow, I could actually hear my wife saying those words.

I admire you, FG, you did the right thing. A crappy situation to be in, but you’re not on the couch, which is a good sign. Maybe already on the path to ‘recovery’.

[quote]FuriousGeorge wrote:
that info is starting to pop up in a few places. there was a documentary created a while ago that basically said the same.

I am going to give her some time and then get her some “legit” sources that explain the realities of responsible steroid use in healthy adult men. it usually takes her about a week to mull something like this over and have an open mind about it.[/quote]

Furious, at least the hard part is over. Now it’s out there and you can talk to her about it.

Maybe, we could start posting some links to articles/studies (and videos) related to responsible use of AAS on the thread, so anyone wanting to discuss this subject with a loved one can direct them to the information.

Jelly

[quote]ddcmdb wrote:
Just thought I’d throw it out there, when women read things out of magazines there is a certain validity to it in their minds.
quote]

That got me thinking about how easily the general public can be swayed by the media. Imagine if someone like Oprah did a show on AAS for healthy adult men, half the women in North America would be running to their doctors right now, making appointments for their husbands.

[quote]Jelly Roll wrote:

That got me thinking about how easily the general public can be swayed by the media. Imagine if someone like Oprah did a show on AAS for healthy adult men, half the women in North America would be running to their doctors right now, making appointments for their husbands. [/quote]

I agree, it is ridiculous. I don’t understand how people can be so against something they know very little about. I don’t have that much abundant knowledge on it but some of the accusations and things they say are completely ridiculous. Oprah, wow she could say that AIDS is the new thing and every woman in North America would be trying to get them.

[quote]Jelly Roll wrote:
That got me thinking about how easily the general public can be swayed by the media. Imagine if someone like Oprah did a show on AAS for healthy adult men, half the women in North America would be running to their doctors right now, making appointments for their husbands.[/quote]

You speak the truth. A while back, I told my wife that some steroids increase libido. She gave me that “What the hell are you waiting for” look, although she said she was kidding. I thought to myself, “Yeah, right.”

Now, I want it all the time, and she doesn’t. Whatever.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
FG: I suspect that it is almost entirely that your wife feels you have lied to her, that is causing the rest of the issues.

Tricky situation to be in, I feel for you. Perhaps you could explain that you never wanted to decieve her, but since steroids are SO illegal, you feared that getting caught (by others, not her) might lead to legal repercussions for her, if she knew.

So if fact you were trying to protect her, not deceive her.

Bushy[/quote]

Bushy, where the fuck were you two days ago my friend? Not only is this genious it is fairly truthful. I in fact didn’t want her to know because it would possibly put her in a difficult situation if someone questioned her about it (johnny law or a friend/family member). sort of a need to know basis thing.

things are totally back to normal now and we are not duscussing it which means it will become an issue “later”.

thanks for your support guys. If any of you have good links to unbiased info that I can send her I would really appreciate it.

http://www.dailymotion.com/Tech9/steroids/video/xkvz7_steroids_sport

the first time I watched that video it was a real eye opener.