Talking To A Pro BB

[quote]codypt wrote:
Well for example he said if you bench 200, start at 180 until you cant do no more, take 20 pounds off and do it until you cant do anymore. Once you do this until you reach the bar and cant do the bar anymore, that counts as one set, and he said to do 3 sets, hope that answers ur question.[/quote]

Holy SHIT dude… and how often did he apparently do this?

That sounds more like a story for Blood On The Barbell than an actual workout.

[quote]k1t0r5 wrote:
This guy is a complete fucking idiot.

1. You don’t go to “school” to become a personal trainer. You go to a two day certification class and pass a test. That is it. I know because I got certified by one of the more prestigious organizations before I even knew much about working out. Just because someone is a PT doesn’t mean they know a damn thing at all.
    He was/is a PT, he did take the class, but he went to college for some medical field, I dont know what kind.

2. It is just sad that there are people in this day and age that still believe it is possible to spot reduce. That is all I’m going to say about that. Look up the terms “Adenosine Tri-Phosphate” “Anaerobic Respiration” and “Aerobic Respiration” and you will see his theory about using the fat cells around the muscles is complete bullshit.
    He was a BB in the older days, he stoped in 1992, but works out sometimes, just not a serious

3. I started taking creatine and got in a car accident a week later. Creatine makes you a bad driver. If you don’t get how this relates to what the guy said, then please go jump off a cliff.

4. 4 inches on his arms in a year without steroids? Ronnie Coleman and Barry Bonds say they’re all natural too.

He even said he did steroids, but that was natural, he did steroids once he got to 19 inch arms to get them bigger. He stopped taking roids because of always being mad or mean, and he didnt like the fact that his nuts shrunk.

1. A 26 inch waist at 230lbs? You just believed anything this ass wipe said to you, didn’t you?
    I wouldnt say he was an asswipe because I seen pictures of his progress. He had one of the widest V bodies I had ever seen.

Are you even sure this guy was a real pro BB? What is his name? He should have no problem with you giving out his name if he is confident in all his claims. Sounds to me like some washed up PT is bragging about his “glory days” that didn’t exist.[/quote]
It was Bobby something

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
codypt wrote:
Well for example he said if you bench 200, start at 180 until you cant do no more, take 20 pounds off and do it until you cant do anymore. Once you do this until you reach the bar and cant do the bar anymore, that counts as one set, and he said to do 3 sets, hope that answers ur question.

That sounds more like a story for Blood On The Barbell than an actual workout.[/quote]

He originally did not do this for his first 5 years and gained around 20 pounds. Then he decided to study up and tried that and right after was when he gut huge gaining like 20 pounds or more in the first year.

Why do you think his ability to gain weight is correlated to his exercise selection?

This thread is the reason why so many great, knowledgeable posters don’t post on this forum any more.

[quote]Bob Werner wrote:
It is amazing to me that T-Nation rarely has any articles on increasing testosterone.

Hey come on guys. Work out routines and nutritional info is great but what about the facts on what actually increases T?

How about some articles on sprint training and T. Or what foods boost T. Or what eating patterns and diets boost T. What type of work outs boost T? What supplements boost T?

You get the picture? I would hate to be taking all the recommendations here only to find I have actually lowered my T.

So please, lets have some articles in T about T?[/quote]

There are a few around.

Try a keyword search on Tribulus, Alpha Male, ZMA, Carbolin 19 or “increase testosterone”.

It is the third function from the left on the top bar marked “search”.

[quote]rsg wrote:
This thread is the reason why so many great, knowledgeable posters don’t post on this forum any more.[/quote]

No shit, amen to that.

spot on rsg.
                    TBN

[quote]toki123 wrote:
Why do you think his ability to gain weight is correlated to his exercise selection? [/quote]
Good point, I think it played a big part. He never really did the nutritional part, except use supplements.

[quote]codypt wrote:
k1t0r5 wrote:
This guy is a complete fucking idiot.

[/quote]

Nice rage…

you need a good Avatar to go with your post dude…

may I suggest…

solid

[quote]codypt wrote:
toki123 wrote:
Why do you think his ability to gain weight is correlated to his exercise selection?
Good point, I think it played a big part. He never really did the nutritional part, except use supplements.
[/quote]

i cant believe you bought into this guys bullshit. even after everyone here is telling you the guy was BS, its clear that youre just still NOT GETTING IT!

[quote]dez6485 wrote:
codypt wrote:
toki123 wrote:

i cant believe you bought into this guys bullshit. even after everyone here is telling you the guy was BS, its clear that youre just still NOT GETTING IT![/quote]

I get that everyone is saying that, but I tried what he said, go until you almost puke. I added 15 pounds to my bench press in under a week. Whenever I said do the pyramid thing going from heavy to light, do it as fast as you can. Make sure it is a weight you can start off doing atleast 8 times.

You don’t have to do 3 sets, after one set your muscles are pooped and feel very heavy. I started at 180 and went down 15 pounds after I went until failure for each weight. It was hard as hell, I couldnt do 3 sets, but im sure some people with better endurance could. You should try it one time to see how sore your arms get.

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
codypt wrote:
Well for example he said if you bench 200, start at 180 until you cant do no more, take 20 pounds off and do it until you cant do anymore. Once you do this until you reach the bar and cant do the bar anymore, that counts as one set, and he said to do 3 sets, hope that answers ur question.

That sounds more like a story for Blood On The Barbell than an actual workout.[/quote]

That’s a drop set. That’s all it is.

[quote]codypt wrote:
I asked him about creatine and he said he knew several guys that used it also and it gave them seizers, that worries me.

He also said that they busted their eye blood vessels from straining so hard from the the creatine.

[/quote]

I heard of a guy that snorted creatine and died of an overdose. CREATINE KILLS!!

[quote]codypt wrote:
I get that everyone is saying that, but I tried what he said, go until you almost puke. I added 15 pounds to my bench press in under a week. Whenever I said do the pyramid thing going from heavy to light, do it as fast as you can. Make sure it is a weight you can start off doing at least 8 times.

You don’t have to do 3 sets, after one set your muscles are pooped and feel very heavy. I started at 180 and went down 15 pounds after I went until failure for each weight. It was hard as hell, I couldnt do 3 sets, but im sure some people with better endurance could. You should try it one time to see how sore your arms get.[/quote]

When you’re doing drop sets like that and pushing out as many reps as you can, you’re muscles are going to be dead tired. The more endurance you have, the more reps you do in that one dropset. So tell me, how is anyone going to do 3 drop sets on the same exercise? Use a little bit of logic and reasoning and you’ll find that your “pro bodybuilder” is a jackass.

[quote]tonyc wrote:
codypt wrote:
I get that everyone is saying that, but I tried what he said, go until you almost puke. I added 15 pounds to my bench press in under a week. Whenever I said do the pyramid thing going from heavy to light, do it as fast as you can. Make sure it is a weight you can start off doing at least 8 times.

You don’t have to do 3 sets, after one set your muscles are pooped and feel very heavy. I started at 180 and went down 15 pounds after I went until failure for each weight. It was hard as hell, I couldnt do 3 sets, but im sure some people with better endurance could. You should try it one time to see how sore your arms get.

When you’re doing drop sets like that and pushing out as many reps as you can, you’re muscles are going to be dead tired. The more endurance you have, the more reps you do in that one dropset. So tell me, how is anyone going to do 3 drop sets on the same exercise? Use a little bit of logic and reasoning and you’ll find that your “pro bodybuilder” is a jackass.

[/quote]

I was able to do 2 sets of them until my arms were pooped today. Its very possible he could do 3 sets, but his arms would be very tired

I’m going out on a limb here, and think the reason why this guy told you all this, was to mess with your head, and make you do this retarded drop set.

Translation: He did it for the lulz

[quote]codypt wrote:
I was able to do 2 sets of them until my arms were pooped today. Its very possible he could do 3 sets, but his arms would be very tired
[/quote]

2 sets, did you forget to eat all your cereal today?

[quote]scottiscool wrote:
codypt wrote:

2 sets, did you forget to eat all your cereal today?[/quote]

Nice.

So you are a registered member at a website with thousands of training articles and bought into this guy’s bs? In addition, you felt the need to come on here where each of his claims has been disproven, not do a search about it, and ask if he has any merit because he is jacked and tan? You are an idiot. Do his super-triple-dropset-to-fatigue-without-eating-enough-as-long-as-you-get-potassium program. Im sure you’ll get uuuuuuuuuuuuje.

WTF. This kind of thread would never have happened a year ago. Sometimes I get confused and think I’ve logged onto Bodybuilding.com nowadays…