Talking To A Pro BB

Just the other day this former pro BB was at my house. He was talking to me about all kinds of stuff and the best way to train, he put on about 4 inches on his biceps in under a year! That was without steroids. I asked him about creatine and he said he knew several guys that used it also and it gave them seizers, that worries me.

He also said that they busted their eye blood vessels from straining so hard from the the creatine. He said what he did was work from a higher weight until he couldnt do any more, then go one lower right after, and so on until he was benching the bar and then couldnt do that. He said it was to train in slow, medium, and fast twitch muscles.

One last thing is he said if you work a specific spot on your body it will burn fat from that body part, my school said that was not true. He was a trainer also, he tought alot of people the proper ways. He could only max 335 on bench, yet he had 21 inch arms. He was truely in the game for mass and not strength. Can anyone back this up or disprove it for the matter?

I’m interested to see the comments on this as it is a question that I have also. So how many seconds did he wait to do the next set?? Also how much weight did he take off before he did his next set?

Well for example he said if you bench 200, start at 180 until you cant do no more, take 20 pounds off and do it until you cant do anymore. Once you do this until you reach the bar and cant do the bar anymore, that counts as one set, and he said to do 3 sets, hope that answers ur question.

You can create the appearance of losing body fat in one specific location by making the muscles bigger or more tense through working out.

Drop sets will make your arms huge. It’s a way to train that incorporates all 3 of the techniques talked about in the 3 ways to gain muscle article.

The guy might have been able to get big, but that does not make him very knowledgeable.

Not much of what you report that he said is true or relevant.

Creatine does not cause seizures. It may make them worse, but only if a seizure disorder is allready present. Nor does it cause patekial hemmoraging. I and others have gotten those without creatine.

Geez that’d be one long ass set. I don’t know enough about creatine, but I have also heard that your exercising a certain spot on your body will burn fat from that bodypart is not true. I still believe it’s false, I don’t think you can spot reduce but I may be wrong.

he didnt say anything on the time between sets. He clearly said this to me, “When you keep pushing your muscles until they have taken all the energy from the muscle cells, the next place to go is your fat cells in the specific spot your training on.”

^ That guy was right that IS one long ass set! I workout at 245-8 times so 20 pounds seems like too little to me. I think that method is really great, but not on benching, incline and decline, atleast not for me. Too time consuming and IMO I wouldn’t do that for certain exercises such as bench, incline, decline, etc.

[quote]codypt wrote:
he put on about 4 inches on his biceps in under a year! That was without steroids. [/quote]

Assuming it’s true, doesn’t this tell you something about the guy and his incredible genetics that 99.9% of people on here don’t have? It wouldn’t happen to be Paul Dillet would it?

Unfortunately, I’d have to say that “trainer” is a moron. He hasn’t taught people proper ways if he still believes high reps equates to more tone. I like his claims about creatine. His deduction is like saying I drank some chocolate milk and I tripped in the weight room, so chocolate milk makes you unstable.

His method for benching is more bullshit. You’re telling me after he goes from 90% 1RM, dropping between 5%-10% all the way down to the bar, doing as many reps as he can, that he still has enough left to do 2 more whole sets of it?

“When you keep pushing your muscles until they have taken all the energy from the muscle cells, the next place to go is your fat cells in the specific spot your training.”
You should ask him where he got this one from. He probably picked it up from some guy bigger than him.

You can do as many reps as you want for each muscle group, but it’s losing fat from eating a proper diet that’s going to make someone ripped. The T-Nation writers have written it many times and on top of that, I can tell you from experience that it couldn’t be more true.

In the fitness industry it’s assumed that is you look good you MUST know what your doing…

But That only means you know what works for you and your body and not all that knowledgeable to why it works and possibly why it worked in spite of what you did wrong…

If you look at the top NFL coaches most of them were not truly great players. And most great players do not make great coaches…

I have known PhD s that were brilliant in there field however if you spoke to them out side there aria of expertise they were perceived as a booger eating ape from the jungle…

I wouldnt say he is a moron, he went to school for personal training for 4 years, taught that as his profession for 15 years. He is giving me i think like 20 books about it, so he got it from somewhere. I dont know why he said that on the creatine, because I have never read about that.

He said that when you get to the point on a rep where you feel you cant go any further, and you mind tells your body you can, testosterone is being released the most during that point and that when you will make the most progress.

On the diet, I know a lot of people on here talk about the proper diet all the time, he said he wasn’t to big on it and he said the most important was getting potassium, protein, and the correct form. He also helped people who say they have been working out for 3 or more years with little or no gains, he shows them what they do wrong and then they grow like crazy.

This guy was about 6 foot, 230 pounds, 26 inch waste… He really acted like he knew what he was talking about.

Solution:
Invite him to thread.
That is all.

-RetailBoy

[quote]scottiscool wrote:
codypt wrote:
he put on about 4 inches on his biceps in under a year! That was without steroids.

Assuming it’s true, doesn’t this tell you something about the guy and his incredible genetics that 99.9% of people on here don’t have? It wouldn’t happen to be Paul Dillet would it?[/quote]

I met Paul Dillett, in 2003, in a mall in Oshawa Ontario of all places. He was at a sup store doing promotions. Being a fatty at the, I had no clue who he was until I asked a friend that was into BB’ing and he had a freak out. Needless to say, biggest guy I’ve ever met.

[quote]retailboy wrote:
Solution:
Invite him to thread.
That is all.

-RetailBoy[/quote]

ditto

I think this bodybuilding friend of yours left out a few things.

Like the fact that most of his gains were obviously due to great genetics.

And the fact he doesn’t know what the hell he’s talking about.

It is amazing to me that T-Nation rarely has any articles on increasing testosterone.

Hey come on guys. Work out routines and nutritional info is great but what about the facts on what actually increases T?

How about some articles on sprint training and T. Or what foods boost T. Or what eating patterns and diets boost T. What type of work outs boost T? What supplements boost T?

You get the picture? I would hate to be taking all the recommendations here only to find I have actually lowered my T.

So please, lets have some articles in T about T?

[quote]Bob Werner wrote:
It is amazing to me that T-Nation rarely has any articles on increasing testosterone.

Hey come on guys. Work out routines and nutritional info is great but what about the facts on what actually increases T?

How about some articles on sprint training and T. Or what foods boost T. Or what eating patterns and diets boost T. What type of work outs boost T? What supplements boost T?

You get the picture? I would hate to be taking all the recommendations here only to find I have actually lowered my T.

So please, lets have some articles in T about T?[/quote]

PM TC!
I too would love to have the talented writers and coaches on this site focus there skills on the this aria…

oh yea and bring back Ghost Wolf too!!!

Please!!

[quote]Bob Werner wrote:

So please, lets have some articles in T about T?[/quote]

They probably haven’t done it because they understand that it’s much easier to manipulate our biochemistry into changing our physique than it is to manipulate our hormones. Barring the use of AAS, of course.

-dizzle

This guy is a complete fucking idiot.

1. You don’t go to “school” to become a personal trainer. You go to a two day certification class and pass a test. That is it. I know because I got certified by one of the more prestigious organizations before I even knew much about working out. Just because someone is a PT doesn’t mean they know a damn thing at all.

2. It is just sad that there are people in this day and age that still believe it is possible to spot reduce. That is all I’m going to say about that. Look up the terms “Adenosine Tri-Phosphate” “Anaerobic Respiration” and “Aerobic Respiration” and you will see his theory about using the fat cells around the muscles is complete bullshit.

3. I started taking creatine and got in a car accident a week later. Creatine makes you a bad driver. If you don’t get how this relates to what the guy said, then please go jump off a cliff.

4. 4 inches on his arms in a year without steroids? Ronnie Coleman and Barry Bonds say they’re all natural too.

5. A 26 inch waist at 230lbs? You just believed anything this ass wipe said to you, didn’t you?

Are you even sure this guy was a real pro BB? What is his name? He should have no problem with you giving out his name if he is confident in all his claims. Sounds to me like some washed up PT is bragging about his “glory days” that didn’t exist.