talking about the handicap

Recently I had the privledge of working with an autistic kid. He was one of the sweetest kids I have ever met. He would have done anything for anybody and was always happy and willing to do whatever you asked of him. Well I taught him and the rest of his class of regular students how to throw and catch a frisbee and how to play ultimate frisbee in their physical education class. He was so proud that he could throw and catch a frisbee, probably because he had never had any success doing anything athletically before. I dont know if anything i ever do in teaching will be as important as what i did those few days i taught his class. Some on this board and in life need to have more compassion for those that are less fortunate than us. It doenst make you less of a man, woman, person, a tree hugger, or a liberal. It makes you a human being.

Well said…

That’s the most compassionate post I’ve ever seen from you Goldberg. You’ve restored my faith in powerlifters. Thanks 8)

MR- yea powerlifters usually have big hearts, I my self work at the boys and girls club of america and also help my gf with the speicial olympics and my gf works full time at a group home and we have her patients over for dinner take them to movies and the mall its some of the best times of my life. we just get very pissy when people are quick to jump on and put down the powerlifting lifestyle when they really have no diea about it…big martin

Cool stuff. Our head coach teaches special ed, so I get to know quite a few of those kids. You’re right, working with them gives you a whole new perspective on things.

I lived across the street from 2 handicapped kids when I was growing up. 1 had Cerberal Palsy and the other had Down Syndrome. They were two of the best people I’ve ever known.

big martin, I’ve noticed that too about powerlifters. It seems like the “big strong guy” around doesn’t have to prove himself by degrading others. The guys that do talk down to those they think are lesser to them are the pussies.

Amen, brother…

Just don’t ask Goldberg to help pay for special services or schools for them - damn greedy tax spending sum-bitches…lol.

Rumbach
You beat me to it. The guy who says that people in need shouldn’t get a hand from the government, all of a sudden turns into a big mush when he actually interacts with somebody who needs help.

The government is spending OUR money, so why not help people who are in need?

What do I know, I live in New York City where thousands of children live in homeless shelters. If I am not mistaken, in NYC the majority of people in homeless shelters are families.

But I suppose if they are not retarded, then fuck 'em. Ah, good old “compassionate conservatives”.

I thought the Bushie’s slogan was that “Government should not be picking winners and losers”. Isn’t “selective compassion” exactly what I am seeing here?

I can’t wait to see what this Goldberg learns when he finally leaves college and enters the real world. I don’t suppose there are any homeless people at the dorm…

Stinking Hippies,

Goldberg was just reacting to the RADIO thread, basically saying that making fun of the handicapped doesn’t make you a man. How can your sad little minds turn that into a political debate?

Well said lumpy.

Used to do similar work teaching kids the game ‘Red Ball!’, nice work bro.

Goldberg,

Good job. Helping those who can’t help themselves has it’s own reward. that’s what T men do.

Hedo

That’s good stuff Goldberg. Incidentally, I started working at Children’s Hospital this past week, and my resident is a former bodybuilder who is now a powerlifter. It’s funny to see this guy who looks like the hulk playing with babies who are the size of his hands, going “goo goo gaa gaa.” The gentle giant.

“Recently I had the privledge of working with an autistic kid. He was one of the sweetest kids I have ever met. He would have done anything for anybody and was always happy and willing to do whatever you asked of him. Well I taught him and the rest of his class of regular students how to throw and catch a frisbee and how to play ultimate frisbee in their physical education class. He was so proud that he could throw and catch a frisbee, probably because he had never had any success doing anything athletically before. I dont know if anything i ever do in teaching will be as important as what i did those few days i taught his class. Some on this board and in life need to have more compassion for those that are less fortunate than us. It doenst make you less of a man, woman, person, a tree hugger, or a liberal. It makes you a human being.”

Best post I’ve EVA seen.

It’s amazing what certain left wing perverts lurking in the shadows here can chose to pick apart in life. Maybe a government sponsored free Prozac for Life program would help this poor souls.

"How can your sad little minds turn that into a political debate? "

Maybe it was when Goldberg said that having compassion wouldn’t make you “less of a man” which he then implied was the same as being a “tree hugger or liberal”.

I am going to laugh about this thread all weekend…

I’m getting a lecture on “compassion” from a 21 year-old right wing college frat boy.

PRICELESS!

erm…uhm…this could get ugly.

Lumpy,

I’m neither liberal or conservative, but I still think you’re a moron.