Talk With Your Hips

I was just listening to a song called “Don’t Trust Me” and heard the line:

“Sush baby, Sush your lips – do the Helen Keller, and talk with your hips!”

Perhaps it’s a bit out of context, but OH so applicable to a powerlifting audience!

Talk with your hips!

-Ritchey

I detest that song, along with everything else that is played on mainstream radio.

[quote]HynesKetchup wrote:
I detest that song, along with everything else that is played on mainstream radio.[/quote]

I detest people that hate music simply because it’s mainstream.

I detest that song, along with everything else that is played on mainstream radio.[/quote]

What are your sources of music?

is it that you hate everything mainstream, or “just mainstream music” (whatever that is…)?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
HynesKetchup wrote:
I detest that song, along with everything else that is played on mainstream radio.

[/quote]

I detest people that think they’re clever for hating on people that detest mainstream music.

@ Angry Chicken

Most things that are on top 40 I can’t listen to for the very fact that they are top 40 and overplayed, variety is so much better.

I have a lot of metal, and alternative rock, some techno, and some hip-hop: stuff that doesn’t get played on your typical radio station.

[quote]The other Rob wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
HynesKetchup wrote:

I detest people that think they’re clever for hating on people that detest mainstream music.[/quote]

I detest people that detest other people for thinking that they are clever for hating on people that detest mainstream music.

LankyMofo wrote:
HynesKetchup wrote:

I detest people that think they’re clever for hating on people that detest mainstream music.[/quote]

I detested your mother…all night!

Zing!

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
The other Rob wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
HynesKetchup wrote:

I detest people that think they’re clever for hating on people that detest mainstream music.

Zing![/quote]

That’s what she said?

LankyMofo wrote:
The other Rob wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
HynesKetchup wrote:

Zing!

That’s what she said?[/quote]

Did we just become best friends?

I know what I’m getting you for your birthday, every copy of “Now! That’s What I Call Music”

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
The other Rob wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
The other Rob wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
HynesKetchup wrote:

Zing!

That’s what she said?

Did we just become best friends?[/quote]

Either that or sworn enemies…

MMF?

EDIT: I really need to watch the whole of step brothers

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
HynesKetchup wrote:

[/quote]

Not our fault that most of the mainstream music nowadays is fucking terrible.
IF you try to deny this, you’re either a teenager or have AT LEAST Asperger’s. Quite possibly both

I do the 3oh!3 sign before every deadlift. Helps get big air.

LankyMofo wrote:
The other Rob wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
The other Rob wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
HynesKetchup wrote:

Zing!

That’s what she said?

Did we just become best friends?

Either that or sworn enemies…

MMF?

EDIT: I really need to watch the whole of step brothers[/quote]

At least you eventually got what I was getting at.

[quote]jCaesar88 wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
HynesKetchup wrote:

Not our fault that most of the mainstream music nowadays is fucking terrible.
IF you try to deny this, you’re either a teenager or have AT LEAST Asperger’s. Quite possibly both[/quote]

I’m talking about the people who hate mainstream music simply BECAUSE it’s mainstream. People who like a band, but stop liking them once they become popular. Then you’ll hear them say something along the lines of “I knew about so and so band a few years ago. They were good until they started playing all radio crap.”

It’s like they feel superior knowing that they knew about a band first or that they have superior taste because they like things that most others don’t. It’s become more trendy than pop music itself and it’s annoying.

Or I could just be a raging vagina.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
I do the 3oh!3 sign before every deadlift. Helps get big air. [/quote]

Awesome.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
I’m talking about the people who hate mainstream music simply BECAUSE it’s mainstream. People who like a band, but stop liking them once they become popular. Then you’ll hear them say something along the lines of “I knew about so and so band a few years ago. They were good until they started playing all radio crap.”

It’s like they feel superior knowing that they knew about a band first or that they have superior taste because they like things that most others don’t. It’s become more trendy than pop music itself and it’s annoying.

Or I could just be a raging vagina.[/quote]

The issue for a lot of people is that a lot of good bands, once they start getting a little bit of media attention, completely change their style of music in order to become more famous. There’s nothing admirable about a band that obviously loves one style of music (the kind of band that they decided to start in the first place) and then a few years later they’re playing screamo, because that’s what all of the teenagers who buy lots of CDs like.

I detest people who de-test!

I thought this thread was about sex.