Talk About Your Random Goals

Walking some section of the trail is on my list too. The whole thing would be an awesome endeavor but I’m not sure when I’ll have 6 months of free time, haha.

Brian Alsruhe (sp?) had a video about a hike on the trail somewhat recently I think…fun story to listen to. I don’t know if you ever check his YT channel out.

3 Likes

Nice thread

Non training related goal
To leave an impact on the world. I want to do a job or do something with my life that helps people and/or makes a difference to someone’s life. At present I work in Logistics and Supply Chain at a supervisor level for a UK luxury car maker and for the past 6 odd years I’ve been there all my efforts have done nothing tangible other than make their budgets look a bit better when I’ve managed to avoid cost or saved money. My daughters recently been diagnosed with epilepsy (as well as other existing special needs) and honestly some of the care we’ve had has been outstanding and some of it downright dire. Think that plus lack of success in getting promoted is making me want a career change.

Training Goal:
Keep training and enjoying training until I’m being carted off by the undertakers
x3 bw deadlift
x2.5 bw squat

3 Likes

I often do, I don’t know why I haven’t caught that one. I’ll have to find it.

That’s 100% my thoughts too. Can’t see me walking away from my family for 6+ months, but a week or two seems doable.

Yeah man, totally. Hit me up if you’re ever able to make it over here and do this. Even though this is an anonymous internet forum it seems like you’ve shown that you’re a real, probably not terrible person. But wait, now have I been able to make that impression…? Haha.

1 Like

Well at least being in the US you can show up armed if necessary…

2 Likes

Haha true.

Do a different section, and pass within a couple of miles of my house!

But of course I can’t tell you which section.

Come join! It’ll be a collective T-Nation hike…it goes through Virginia and Pennsylvania, right? I know there’s members living in each of those states. Maybe there’s more along the way. We can hike through, singing out usernames, and they can run and join where they hear us calling for them.

5 Likes

You should all just come to Gatorland with me in Orlando. We can once and for all settle the ultimate feat of strength - Who is best at Gator wrastlin’?

2 Likes

It’ll be so magical!

Hahaha.

It covers some serious ground!

https://nps.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=6298c848ba2a490588b7f6d25453e4e0

I’m on the wrong side of the state for that.

This is actually in my LinkedIn bio.

I really like this idea by the way.

Some family friends of mine live in Orlando!

Like your TNation account?

How dangerous is this actually? Is it ever fatal when done in a controlled environment? I just saw it happen on a new TV show I’m watching and was reminded…that it exists, haha. I’d be down to watch it in real life sometime.

I think it depends on the size of the gator and whether or not it’s mating season. Really, if you are fast enough to get on their back and clamp their jaw shut, you’ve got it in the bag (gators can clamp down with their teeth, but have almost zero strength when it comes to opening their mouth).

I’m on the Space Coast, but anything worth doing other than watching rocket launches is really in Orlando.

1 Like

I did 78 miles on the PCT (John Muir section) in June. It was the most amazing 5-day backpacking trip ever. Highly recommend!!

1 Like

I would like to go somewhere on a plane. Grew up very blue collar, my only vacations(even after getting my trade and being married) have been camping or from time to time staying at an inexpensive hotel somewhere in my province or in the province to the west of us. Never been to another country and always drove to our spots. I have cousins in Italy, so I think that that would be my first choice destination

3 Likes

Goal is to get this piece of shit running.

This thing is 15 years old and MAY have 4 hours on it. It is a hateful thing. Definitely built on a Friday.

Put on a new carb, nothing.
Cleaned up the flywheel and coil, nothing.
I guess the next step has to be timing. Maybe it sheared the pin. I don’t know.

5 Likes

been there … it’s pretty legit … will take my son there when we visit Disney in a few years

1 Like