Talk About Shedding Some Light...

So here’s a little story for all the fellow T-Nationers out there. I’ve been reading T-Nation for about 6months now. I used to be a very skinny skinny lean man with no muscle and a super high metabolism. Upon the following year or so I began weights (with a shitty program) that worked because I was a newbie and even worse nutrition. I changed around my nutrition as much as I could with the fact that both my parents work and I can’t cook and all seem well. But I realized I am not the skinny metabolismed teen I once was. My nutrition was better but my weight wasnt going down. Then I read “get lean” and all about food choices which it states that you should stay away from things like: Fruit juices, dairy, fatty meats, lunch meats, fruit bars, candy, lots of milk…well shit, most of my “new and improved” nutrition consisted of this. I drink quite a bit of milk, have juice everyday, my lunches usually contain lunch meat, i usually snack on trial mix bars and such…So now it looks liek its time for a major change in what I eat, thanx to this awesome article and T-Nation. Also any tips from fellow readers would be great.

Get JB’s book, it’s awesome.

the cook book?..also, i usually mix my post workout shakes with milk as opposed to a high GI juice or what not…good or bad?

Not bad however I would choose a natural juice with whey isolate post workout. Surge is the all time best postworkout nutrition you can get. If you need any help let me know.Good luck

[quote]Rookie21 wrote:
the cook book?..also, i usually mix my post workout shakes with milk as opposed to a high GI juice or what not…good or bad?[/quote]

Not bad, not great. Surge would be better. Or your own concoction of whey, malto, and dex that mirrors Surge. I noticed a big improvement in recovery and performance when I switched to this from a fruit and protein smoothie months ago.

If you’re a skinny guy with high metabolism, I’d say keep drinking the milk. It’s got a good ratio of protein and carbs, and it’s cheap. People who don’t have high metabolism can’t drink too much because they start packing on the fat, but for you it might be just great.

I dont really have a high metab, i USED to…not really so much anymore so it probably would be better for me to switch to natural juice…but what exactly do you mean by natural juice?

Stick with water and drink a gallon a day. Save the calories in juice and other drinks for good, healthy foods that better support your goals. Good luck!

My protein in water makes me wanna wretch…i dont think i can stomach it…

I was thinking about your overall diet/nutrition and not specifically pwo, sorry! What about using something like Gatorade with Low-Carb Grow! postworkout? Won’t be as good as Surge, but could be a reasonable alternative. I’ve heard orange Gatorade with vanilla Grow! is tasty…

And you should still drink a gallon of water a day :slight_smile:

I drink alota water, basically my meals are.
Eggs, oatmeal, cereal (all bran, special k, vector), lunch meat samichs :frowning: (whole wheat bread) fruit juice, tuna samiches, pb n j samichs, 2fruits, granola bars, yougart bars, trail mix bars, then usually milk with some iso whey protein. supper is usually, stirfry, kraft dinner, rice a roni, chicken, chilli, soemtimes pasta and for snacks, fruits, veggies, the snack bars above and low fat yougart…

All natural juice is like welch’s grape juice. If you look at the ingredients section make sure its not high fructose corn syrup and a bunch of other shit.

Dude, for PWO just buy Surge, then you don’t have to screw with all that, and you get the best PWO drink, to boot.

[quote]michaelv wrote:
Dude, for PWO just buy Surge, then you don’t have to screw with all that, and you get the best PWO drink, to boot.[/quote]

I agree, and Surge tastes great too!

Yeh, but shipping and exchange rate makes it more expensive…

I think this is another area where the foods you are used to come into play.

If you are not used to sugar laden foods and eat clean real foods the AWESOME sweetness and flavor of Surge is a real treat. WOW. just makes training days all that much better.

My Opinion however,

Phill