Taliban: Kill the Teachers!

From CNN today –

"Until you get to rules 24 and 25, which make it clear that the Taliban’s current campaign of destroying schools around Afghanistan and terrorizing teachers will continue as long as schools dare teach something other than the Taliban version of Islam.

“It is forbidden to work as a teacher under the current puppet regime, because this strengthens the system of the infidels,” says rule 24. And if a teacher refuses a warning to give up his job, reads rule 25, “he must be beaten.”

“If the teacher still continues to instruct contrary to the principles of Islam, the district commander or a group leader must kill him,” it continues.

When schools are burned, the Taliban rules say it is important that religious texts be removed from the buildings first."

Didn’t the Nazis do something like this?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
From CNN today –

"Until you get to rules 24 and 25, which make it clear that the Taliban’s current campaign of destroying schools around Afghanistan and terrorizing teachers will continue as long as schools dare teach something other than the Taliban version of Islam.

“It is forbidden to work as a teacher under the current puppet regime, because this strengthens the system of the infidels,” says rule 24. And if a teacher refuses a warning to give up his job, reads rule 25, “he must be beaten.”

“If the teacher still continues to instruct contrary to the principles of Islam, the district commander or a group leader must kill him,” it continues.

When schools are burned, the Taliban rules say it is important that religious texts be removed from the buildings first."

[/quote]

Acutally yes. The Taliban is a horrible, horrible organization, BUT it probides the people of Afgahnistan with the protectiong and “stability” they crave.

It’s still evil. But guess whose fault it is that they still exist? Remember? The guy who ignored Afghanistan to invade a similar country…

Do we really think Iraq will be any different once we finally get out of there?

How do you think we can help the Afgahni people HH?

maybe HH is just trying to use this as an example of a really fucked up trend in islamic culture in the middle east.

i mean, does it get any FURTHER away from the ideals of tolerant, pluralistic societies than middle eastern islamic/arabic countries?

there’s a big cultural problem over there. and HH is just sharing an example.

Any chance of getting a Taliban chapter started up in Ohio?

[quote]hueyOT wrote:
maybe HH is just trying to use this as an example of a really fucked up trend in islamic culture in the middle east.

i mean, does it get any FURTHER away from the ideals of tolerant, pluralistic societies than middle eastern islamic/arabic countries?

there’s a big cultural problem over there. and HH is just sharing an example.[/quote]

Yes, it most certainly is. Except, HH is under the beliefe that Muslim culture is bad in general, thus he may be implying that Islam is against teaching. If this were so, then these actions wouldn’t be very problematic now would they?

These actions are horrible BECAUSE a majority of Muslims and practicers of Islam are decent people.

My assumption about HH’s intent is based off of my impression of him from previous posts.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
hueyOT wrote:

there’s a big cultural problem over there. and HH is just sharing an example.

Yes, it most certainly is. Except, HH is under the beliefe that Muslim culture is bad in general, thus he may be implying that Islam is against teaching. If this were so, then these actions wouldn’t be very problematic now would they?

These actions are horrible BECAUSE a majority of Muslims and practicers of Islam are decent people.

My assumption about HH’s intent is based off of my impression of him from previous posts.[/quote]

i can’t blame you, i guess HH has earned his apparent intolerant reputation. but i’m not so quick to say that ‘the majority of muslims’ are decent people. i used to say that, but i’m starting to think that a large majority of them do NOT believe in western values of tolerance and acceptance of other cultures, and of non-faith based governments.

like i said, it’s a recurring theme in the arab world to have quite a degree of theism interwoven with the state. how many non-muslims do you think live in the arab world? they’re not very pluralistic societies when compared to western nations. not even close. and i think they like it that way and it will stay that way. and it’s not like there isn’t an abundance of wealth in certain arab countries. there’s a lot of opportunity there. people don’t emigrate there because of social problems and discrimination.

About 1200 years ago, an emir of Baghdad burned down the university, burning all the library collection, and so forth (except for the Q’uran). Many teachers were killed. His reasoning was: “If any book or teaching is not about Allah, it is superflous anyway.”

They’ve come a long way, baby…

[quote]tme wrote:

[/quote]

I thought I was on your ignore list. Now wishing for my death, eh?

Mods, what do you think of this? I will ask.

[quote]Dickhunter wrote:
I thought I was on your ignore list. Now wishing for my death, eh?[/quote]

I put you on my PM ignore list, so you can’t send me threats to kick me with your skinhead boots. I’ll give you all the shit I want to as long as you keep posting your stupid-ass bullshit. I don’t wish for your death, just for you to go away. Maybe if you’re hiding from the Taliban you’d have less time to hate everyone else.

[quote]
Mods, what do you think of this?[/quote]

Mommy! He’s being mean to me again!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
About 1200 years ago, an emir of Baghdad burned down the university, burning all the library collection, and so forth (except for the Q’uran). Many teachers were killed. His reasoning was: “If any book or teaching is not about Allah, it is superflous anyway.”

They’ve come a long way, baby…[/quote]

So… you’re saying that Islam is flawed, in that it hates teachers?

If Muslims are so horrible, why do you want to save them so badly from their fanatical extremist leaders? Oh wait…

It’s the fanatics that do this.

You wanna go through Christian fanatics throughout history? Muslims started 600 years later, so it’s fair to say they’re just a bit behind.

Lets go from 0ad to 1406ad and look at all the Christian intoleration and stupidity shall we? It’s only fair.

[quote]tme wrote:
Dickhunter wrote:
I thought I was on your ignore list. Now wishing for my death, eh?

I put you on my PM ignore list, so you can’t send me threats to kick me with your skinhead boots. I’ll give you all the shit I want to as long as you keep posting your stupid-ass bullshit. I don’t wish for your death, just for you to go away. Maybe if you’re hiding from the Taliban you’d have less time to hate everyone else.

Mods, what do you think of this?

Mommy! He’s being mean to me again!

[/quote]

In that case: I don’t wish for your death either. Instead, I hope you get shot and go into a coma for 4 years. The moment you awaken, you’re being anally raped by the guy in ‘Kill Bill’. He shoots a big load of HIV up your ass.

If you’re going to insult someone, at least try to do so intelligently, Tapeworm.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

They’ve come a long way, baby…[/quote]

Book burning for all ages, races, and creeds!!

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

If Muslims are so horrible, why do you want to save them so badly from their fanatical extremist leaders? Oh wait…

You wanna go through Christian fanatics throughout history? Muslims started 600 years later, so it’s fair to say they’re just a bit behind.

Lets go from 0ad to 1406ad and look at all the Christian intoleration and stupidity shall we? It’s only fair.
[/quote]

Has Christianity changed and grown over the years? Yep. Has Islam. Nope.

For Islam, the 9th century is now.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
In that case: I don’t wish for your death either. Instead, I hope you get shot and go into a coma for 4 years. The moment you awaken, you’re being anally raped by the guy in ‘Kill Bill’. He shoots a big load of HIV up your ass.
[/quote]

I even think Osama would look at this response and say, “DAMN!”

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
From CNN today –

Acutally yes. The Taliban is a horrible, horrible organization, BUT it probides the people of Afgahnistan with the protectiong and “stability” they crave.

It’s still evil. But guess whose fault it is that they still exist? Remember? The guy who ignored Afghanistan to invade a similar country…

Do we really think Iraq will be any different once we finally get out of there?

How do you think we can help the Afgahni people HH?[/quote]

WHo’d have thought that it would take exactly ONE post for some fuckwad to blame Bush.

[quote]hueyOT wrote:
i can’t blame you, i guess HH has earned his apparent intolerant reputation. but i’m not so quick to say that ‘the majority of muslims’ are decent people. i used to say that, but i’m starting to think that a large majority of them do NOT believe in western values of tolerance and acceptance of other cultures, and of non-faith based governments.

[/quote]

How is tolerance a “western” value? Do you forget Buddhism which is probably the most tolerant of any philosophies on the planet? Tolerance isn’t a good value in and of itself. It must be accompanied by humility and respect as well.

To say that that someone is tolerant of someone else doesn’t say anything. As I often observe, western culture tends to be the least respectful and humble of any culture on the planet. A humble, respectful, and tolerant culture doesn’t force it’s culture and values on others.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

Has Christianity changed and grown over the years? Yep. Has Islam. Nope.

For Islam, the 9th century is now.

[/quote]

Yea. Christianity grew… away from Christ. For about, oh say, 1700 years Christianity was damn near as horrible and at times, relativly worse.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
hueyOT wrote:

How is tolerance a “western” value? Do you forget Buddhism which is probably the most tolerant of any philosophies on the planet? Tolerance isn’t a good value in and of itself. It must be accompanied by humility and respect as well.

To say that that someone is tolerant of someone else doesn’t say anything. As I often observe, western culture tends to be the least respectful and humble of any culture on the planet. A humble, respectful, and tolerant culture doesn’t force it’s culture and values on others.[/quote]

Who taught you this utter and complete bullshit? Europeans (mostly Brits) basically found warlords, cannibals, and despots where ever they went. Forcing barbarians to recognize individual rights, property rights, eliminate slavery, emancipate women, on and on, is a bad thing? We should be tolerant?

I think the poor slobs in Darfur, for example, might like a little ‘Western culture’ right about now, in the form of the United States military.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Forcing barbarians to recognize individual rights, property rights, eliminate slavery, emancipate women, on and on, is a bad thing? We should be tolerant?[/quote]

Yup, the British Empire was forged out of hugs and kisses and a big bag of love.

[quote]tme wrote:

[/quote]

Can I donate?