Taking the Plunge

So I am 38 years old, been training throughout my 20s off and on. Became serious and consistent in my 30s and strictly strength training for 5 years.

Ive been on TRT for about three years starting on Androgel, then testopel and for the past year self administering Test-cyp sub-q 200 weekly pinning eod. Using liquid Adex with one spray eod.

So I plan on 500mg Test cyp, pinning 250 tuesday and thursday, extremely basic. Personally I like basic, because Im dumb lol.

I pinned this morning into the glutes 1 cc.

I understand that this basic cycle will not produce miraculous results, but with training as consistent as always and a new found dedication to watching my diet, I hope for “noticeable” results.

I weigh 236, at 5’9" and venture to guess around 20% BF. I do realize that some may say my BF is too high, and that is certainly one thing that made me hesitant. But I have been considering this for quite a while, and since I hate wasting money and want results I am committed to eating clean.

I am not looking for weight gain as I am heavy enough, Id actuallu like to drop weight, in accordance on a low carb diet on non training days. On the training days according to the plan I am using I have a three hour window where I have to carb load so to speak where white rice and potatoes will be introduced, other than that I have found that adopting a meditaranean style diet has been pretty healthy and full of flavor and low carb so that works.

Since I have been tracking what I have been eating I was really surprised on how little protein I have actually been getting in. On non training days an average of 150g and training days an average of 210g, Id like to average 300g

Any advice would be appreciated from the vets…thanks

If you want to drop weight I wouldn’t suggest bumping up your test dosage. When I plan on cutting I usually don’t exceed 250mg/wk of Test. My father (47yrs) has been able to get and stay relatively lean on his TRT dosage of 150mg/wk. We both react really well to low carb diets as well. Usually 4 mod carbs day (training days) and 3 no carb days (fasted cardio days).

I would wait till weight gain is priority to try the cycle you’re intending. Also if it will be your first time at dosages such as that one then you will see some very nice gains. People have reported up to 20lbs up from starting weight running Test @ 500mg/wk for 10 weeks. That dose will also bring up your water retention which I’m sure you wouldn’t want anymore than you probably already have. Would really suggest you cut down to about 10-14% before considering a dose as such. Good luck man.

Chizeled

looks good Op.

reign that diet in, perhaps consider some clen/dnp (id avoid t3 at all costs)

500mg/week is pretty mild.

use your AI

[quote]Chizeled wrote:
If you want to drop weight I wouldn’t suggest bumping up your test dosage. When I plan on cutting I usually don’t exceed 250mg/wk of Test. My father (47yrs) has been able to get and stay relatively lean on his TRT dosage of 150mg/wk. We both react really well to low carb diets as well. Usually 4 mod carbs day (training days) and 3 no carb days (fasted cardio days).

I would wait till weight gain is priority to try the cycle you’re intending. Also if it will be your first time at dosages such as that one then you will see some very nice gains. People have reported up to 20lbs up from starting weight running Test @ 500mg/wk for 10 weeks. That dose will also bring up your water retention which I’m sure you wouldn’t want anymore than you probably already have. Would really suggest you cut down to about 10-14% before considering a dose as such. Good luck man.

Chizeled[/quote]

Thanks for your response, I did inject a cc this morning, so I guess I could simply go back to my TRT dosage next week if I have a change of heart. I really dont want any more water retention, I was hoping the clean diet would negate some of that.

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:
looks good Op.

use your AI[/quote]

Thanks for the response, would Anavar be helpful within this cycle at some point?

Excellent! You should keep a log.

Yeah anavar would be a great addition. Run it at 100mg if you can afford it.

Also consider dianabol or anadrol if you’d like something a bit bloatier (which’ll also add more mass)

[quote]Yogi wrote:

Also consider dianabol or anadrol if you’d like something a bit bloatier (which’ll also add more mass)[/quote]

Thanks bro. man that shit is expensive, is it possible to start it 4 week inyp cycle.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

Also consider dianabol or anadrol if you’d like something a bit bloatier (which’ll also add more mass)[/quote]

Thanks bro. man that shit is expensive, is it possible to start it 4 week inyp cycle.[/quote]

Aye man, 4 weeks in is fine. Some people prefer it that way because your test’ll have peaked so you’ll get more out of it. I personally like to run orals at the start to get you gaining straight away and again at the end when the gains start to slow, but there’s not really a wrong way to do it, just personal preference.

Thanks brother it looks like thats exactly what Ill do

orals are unnecessary and generally more trouble than they are worth…

an AI will keep off the water retention, make sure you use an AI

iirc you’re a big dude long time poster yeah?

would love to see some before and after pics.

I’m also on my first cycle.

an AI will keep off the water retention, make sure you use an AI[/quote]

I certainly trust your opinion as well as Yogi’s. Even something as mild (from what I have read) like Var would lead to complications? The AI is being used w/o a doubt.

[quote]pbear wrote:
iirc you’re a big dude long time poster yeah?

would love to see some before and after pics.

I’m also on my first cycle.[/quote]

Lol yeah I have been on here for a little bit, so I believe at the end of my cycle I will post before and after pics. I have taken some pics this past weekend, after the cycle is over I will def post them in my Over 35 log.

good luck on your first cycle hope it produces what your looking for.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

an AI will keep off the water retention, make sure you use an AI[/quote]

I certainly trust your opinion as well as Yogi’s. Even something as mild (from what I have read) like Var would lead to complications? The AI is being used w/o a doubt.

[/quote]

I respect Walkway’s advice immensely, but I think he’s overly cautious when it comes to orals.

I definitely don’t agree they’re more trouble than they’re worth; they can really sexify a cycle. 4 weeks of var won’t do you any harm.

MattyXL:

I’m no steroid vet but I’m on my first cycle of 250mg Test C E3D plus 60mg/day Anavar.

I absolutely love the anavar - gives me an amazing pump. Though sometimes the pumps comes too intense in my biceps from curls and low back from deadlifts and I have to stop.

Anyways if you get your hands on anavar you won’t be disappointed.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

Ive been on TRT for about three years starting on Androgel, then testopel and for the past year self administering Test-cyp sub-q 200 weekly pinning eod. Using liquid Adex with one spray eod.

[/quote]

why do you pin test sub-q?

looks good Op.

use your AI[/quote]

why do you recommend Clen and DNP, but say to avoid T3 at all costs?

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[/quote]

why do you pin test sub-q?[/quote]

I pinned sub-q when on a TRT dosage because I was advised of its benefits and ease of injection. It also had a slower absorption rate which lead to a steadier more level amounts of T in my system.

I am not inecting sub-q for this cycle I am inecting IM

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[/quote]

I pinned sub-q when on a TRT dosage because I was advised of its benefits and ease of injection. It also had a slower absorption rate which lead to a steadier more level amounts of T in my system.

[/quote]

In my research of TRT (not personal experience), shooting test prop daily leads the most stable levels.

You can get anti-aging clinics to backfill insulin syringes and shoot yourself daily.

I might try daily shots of test prop after my 90 day cycle.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

In my research of TRT (not personal experience), shooting test prop daily leads the most stable levels.

You can get anti-aging clinics to backfill insulin syringes and shoot yourself daily.

I might try daily shots of test prop after my 90 day cycle.
[/quote]

In my personal experience, pinning cyp eod sub-q was very effective, I did it for close to a year, with no issues whatsoever