Taking the Anabolic Diet Plunge!

Ok all you AD disciples you have convinced me to take the plunge and give this program a shot.

Goals:

1. Current weight: 205
    Goal weight: 180

2. Take BF% from +/- 24% to 14% or better.

3. Maintain/Increase lean muscle

4. Grow a foot. Errrr… ok, maybe not.

I don’t have a terrible problem with eating clean for the most part now but I do have my moments where I fall off the wagon, like I’m sure everyone does.

I’ll take some measurements soon but for now I’ll just post some before pictures that I look a week or so ago.

Excellent. I’m assuming you previously posted under the AD thread as Samir?

Anyway, I think you’ll be surprised at how you’re cravings will disappear on the AD. One, because of all the meat you’ll be eating and two, because of the lack of insulin ups and downs as well as decreased serotonin levels. Good cheat items to keep in your back pocket in case of emergency are vienna sausages, sugar free jello and pork rinds.

Although the lighting kida washes out the changes, here are some of my progress pics: http://t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=698977

Best of luck and post some pics and numbers after a while.

Side views can be so deceiving, maybe that’s why I like to look at myself in the mirror from the side. Makes me feel better. LOL!!

Back shot… Mmmmm… Love handles. Not sure why they call them love handles. I’m not sure about how much love you get because of them.

[quote]Deinabolic wrote:
Excellent. I’m assuming you previously posted under the AD thread as Samir?

• Yep…that was me. Thought Samir sounded too terroristy… (Office Space is a great movie though.)

Good cheat items to keep in your back pocket in case of emergency are vienna sausages, sugar free jello and pork rinds.

• Why would those items be considered “cheat” items? Arent’ they low in CHO? Would Bratwurst be considered taboo on this plan?

[quote]

Coulda been short for Samir Bannout, the self proclaimed “Lebanese Lion”! (80s Mr. Olympia and BB nutcase).

By “cheat foods” I meant that they’re not quality fat or protein sources but are quick, easy and filling. Like I said, the cravings for carb foods will likely diasspear within a day or two of starting out.

One caveat - The AD is best adhered to by always being a day or two ahead on groceries. I don’t let myself get below two days’ suprlus of cheese, ground turkey , spinach, cream, protein powder and nuts. Wit carb cravings out of the picture, the only way you’ll likely “fall off the wagon” is if you let yourself run out of AD foods and have to rely on whatever random stuff you have laying around in the cupboard.

Don’t sweat the excess layerage…just means you’ll see more drastic improvements right off the bat than some of us leaner guys. Stick to it for four weeks, lift and do some GPP-type stuff like jumping rope and swinging DBs on your off days and you’ll have so much fat melting off you that you’ll leave stains on the carpet.

One other thing - damn, you’re thick from the side. You’ll look pretty big once some definition comes out.

[quote]Deinabolic wrote:
One other thing - damn, you’re thick from the side. You’ll look pretty big once some definition comes out.[/quote]

I know… I’d like to not be so thick but we’ll see what happens. About 5 years ago I was 185 with 14% or better BF and I looked pretty good. My goal is to get there and go beyond that.

The journey begins on Monday 8-22-05. See ya FAT!!

Good luck bro. This is a great diet. I’ve been getting leaner on 3500+ cals a day, and not even watching where my fats come from for the last month.

It’s so funny how nature tells us that before we go on a restricted plan that we must hoard and stock pile before doing so. I start the Anabolic Diet tomorrow and needless to say I’ve done my fair share of “carb loading” over the weekend to prepare. I’m getting it all out of my system tonight before starting in the morning.

Pizza, cereal, ice cream, etc… Ahhh… the sinful bliss of it all.

Funny. Coincidentally, I hit some pizza and ice cream on yestreday’s carb up day (like I said, I haven’t been real strict on the carb ups and STILL have lost 10 lbs in six weeks). Anyway - by the end of the ice cream, I was more than through and wanted to go back to P/F eating right then and there. The cravings really do go away.

As I type this I’m sweating my ass off from just having downed a six egg omelette. Life is good.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1124725222136.Arkansas-flag.gif

Glad to see a fellow Arkansan on the board. Good luck with the diet!

Not sure if it’s qoincidental or not but I have crashed and burned for about the last hour. I haven’t really taken in too many carbs to speak of really. I’ve got the day off and we’ve had company all day so my eating schedule has really been off. I didn’t eat breakfast and what I did eat for lunch was a grilled chicken salad with ranch dressing. After that I had a spinach salad with some shredded cheese and tunca with some extra virgin oil and some apple cider vinegar.

I’ve also had a couple slices of Pepper jack cheese. That’s all I’ve had today. I’m not sure if I’m dead tired because of the change in diet or because I have my wifes family in town. Who knows. I’ll get a better idea tomorrow I’m sure.

Where you Arkansas guys at? My workout partner just split on me and I’m looking for a replacement. It seems i have way more energy and put forth more with somebody else there. I’m in Bentonville if anybodies around.

[quote]jmbundy wrote:
Where you Arkansas guys at? My workout partner just split on me and I’m looking for a replacement. It seems i have way more energy and put forth more with somebody else there. I’m in Bentonville if anybodies around.[/quote]

Sorry dude, I’m in Little Rock.

Alright, so today is the beginning of day 2 on this plan. I think I’ve gotta throw yesterday out the window as far as gauging how I feel on this diet because my environment wasn’t at normal levels.

1st - My wife’s parents and grandparents decide to come and stay overnight yesterday. Who does that?! Who comes to visit overnight on a Monday?

2nd - Due to this visit, I was required to give up my “T-Ruler” king size bed to allow the wife’s grandparents a place, therefore reducing me to the blow up mattress on the living room floor.

3rd - My wife is trying to break our 3 month old son of having to have is pacifier put back in his mouth each and everytime it falls out. She wants him to learn to “self soothe”. I agree with this approach unless I have to sleep on a blow up mattress on the living room floor (which is closer to his room) and listen to him cry for 45 mins at 4 am.

4th - We all went out to dinner at a local restaurant last night and I was determined to stick to the AD menu while there. So what happens? The wife wants to split something. So… this is fine, we do this all the time because portion sizes and prices are way to huge these days on average. We have never split a dish and not had enough to eat…UNTIL that meal.

Dang, my luck was in the gutter yesterday all the way around. Sure enough, I order Turkey Filet Mignon (which as basically turkey medallions on a kabob stick), a small cup of steamed veggies, and my wife orders FRIES!!! So of course I dont’ eat those.

Man, I wish I could’ve videotaped last night to share with you guys. It was just hilarious.

So, I’ve said all that to say this. Today is a new day. I stuck to the AD plan but dont’ think I can gauge how I feel because my day sucked balls yesterday. So… we’ll see how I feel today. I didn’t keep track of Macros because 1). I hate doing that and 2). I just didn’t…

—Thanks for all the support.

[quote]jmbundy wrote:
Where you Arkansas guys at? My workout partner just split on me and I’m looking for a replacement. It seems i have way more energy and put forth more with somebody else there. I’m in Bentonville if anybodies around.[/quote]

I’m in Rogers currently working out at home. I work as a catastrophe adjuster for a large insurance company so my travel can become a problem (especially during hurrican season). I’ll be gone for several weeks, home for a month, etc.

Well, I’ve made it through another day without cheating. My body and mind like carbs I’ve come to find in this short time period. Mainly my mind. I find that I’m in a grumpy mood when I don’t get enough carbohydrates. HOT-ROX does seem to help with mood during the day. Right now I’m on a groud turkey w/ worstchire sauce (however you spell it)chopped dried onion, and Bubba Joes seasoning kick. Man, those are good. I’ll eat about a pound of that stuff in the evening.

So far I’m keeping things pretty simple with salads with chicken or tuna and cheese, or cans of tuna and cheese sticks or eggs and cheese.

We’ll see how long it takes me to get tired of that stuff. I know I’m gonna have to come up with some new things to eat though to keep my interest.

Glad to report I’m still sane. Of course it is just day 2.

I’m hoping people are looking at this thread because I could really use either the encouragment or advice.

I got on the scale this morning and it said 202. So that’s down about 3 lbs. in this first 4 days.

I’m a little concerned with whether or not I’m doing the diet right because I feel a little more fluffy than usual and soft looking. I could just be my paranoia from all the fat intake but I dont know. I haven’t been counting calories or logging but I have been getting protein and fat in all of my meals and not very man carbs at all.

Example of daily meals:

Breakfast :

• 5 scrambled eggs
  • 1 slice low fat cheese (I know, I know, it’s what we have so…)
  • 6 slices of low sodium bacon

Lunch:

• Mixed greens salad w/ shredded cheese, bacon bits
  • 1 can of tuna or 1 chicken breast

Snack:

• 1 Low-Carb Grow! shake w/ water.

Dinner:

• 4 ground turkey burgers no bread obviously (mix worcesteshire sauce, chopped onion,bubba joes seasoning)
  • raw broccoli with velvetta cheese/rotel poured over it.

Does this set of meals sound like what this diet requires?

I appreciate any and all input.

[quote]HogLover wrote:
I’m hoping people are looking at this thread because I could really use either the encouragment or advice.

I got on the scale this morning and it said 202. So that’s down about 3 lbs. in this first 4 days.

I’m a little concerned with whether or not I’m doing the diet right because I feel a little more fluffy than usual and soft looking. I could just be my paranoia from all the fat intake but I dont know. I haven’t been counting calories or logging but I have been getting protein and fat in all of my meals and not very man carbs at all.

Example of daily meals:

Breakfast :

• 5 scrambled eggs
  • 1 slice low fat cheese (I know, I know, it’s what we have so…)
  • 6 slices of low sodium bacon

Lunch:

• Mixed greens salad w/ shredded cheese, bacon bits
  • 1 can of tuna or 1 chicken breast

Snack:

• 1 Low-Carb Grow! shake w/ water.

Dinner:

• 4 ground turkey burgers no bread obviously (mix worcesteshire sauce, chopped onion,bubba joes seasoning)
  • raw broccoli with velvetta cheese/rotel poured over it.

Does this set of meals sound like what this diet requires?

I appreciate any and all input.[/quote]

Hey bro, I just answered your PM. I’m looking at your diet and a few small things do pop out at me. You know about the FF cheese, so I won’t give you any shit about it :wink: I would be absolutely sure that your seasonings don’t have carbs in em though, or if they do, be sure to write them down. I know for a fact that every serving of the worstershire sauce I have in my cupboard has 1g CHO in each teaspoon, which could add up if I wasn’t careful. Also be sure you watch the processed stuff, (bacon bits, velveeta etc.). That shit sometimes has mad carbs, I don’t eat it so I dunno. Other than that, you’re kickin ass. BTW, try that ground turkey recipe, but replace the turkey with full fat ground beef or lamb!

Good luck with the inlaws man,
-CA