Taking Powder on an Airplane

So I know the best thing to do is call the airline directly and find out, but the answer I got was pretty much ‘it should be alright, but if it isnt theyll just have you throw it away’

Im traveling this weekend for 4-5 days, trying to trudge through V-Diet (possibly V-Diet lite given the traveling) and wondering how realistic it is that Ill be able to check in(forgot carry on) a bag full of a 2lb tub of Metabolic Drive and super food?

Thanks in advance
(im thinking ill just pick up a tub when i arrive or something)

I routinely fly (US domestic) with protein powder in tupperware and/or in its original container in my carry on luggage as well as in my laptop case.

Since the first of the year, I’ve checked-in at an airport 10 times (ie. 5 trips). Never had a problem.

Last year I checked in a 5lb tub and 2 boxes protein bars for a trip to Europe. No probs.

carry-on huh? you my friend, just delivered me the best news of the week .
thanks.

I had a full tub of Metabolic Drive in my carryon. They opened my bag to look at it, but that’s all.

edit

I should add that my tub was sealed. Not sure if it matters.

Amazing. Now at least I can take my protein on my connections.

They’ll swab powder containers for explosive residue often enough, but no Biotest products trigger them. I’ve taken Metabolic Drive and MAG-10 through explosive tests.

[quote]samdan wrote:
They’ll swab powder containers for explosive residue often enough, but no Biotest products trigger them. I’ve taken Metabolic Drive and MAG-10 through explosive tests.[/quote]

Well then I’m not buying any more Biotest stuff. If it doesn’t trigger tests for explosive residue then what the fuck good is it??!!?

Interesting…I’ve never heard of a swab or explosive test. It was usually “throw it out” even if its in a container.

I flew from Toronto to Birmingham with protein powder in my suitcase.

It was in a ziplock bag.

no probs

But they will throw away a full tube of toothpaste? Or facial cream? Wife and I just took the kids to Orlando and they “pitched” those two. I think they just grab all this stuff and split it up at the end of shift. I bet they havent bought toothpaste in years.

I have taken MAG-10 and Anaconda measured out in per serving in plastic bags without a problem.

God Damn Nards…

You’re a funny dude

I’ve carried tubs of protein in a plane from Russia to Brazil and a tub split in ziplock bags from the US to Russia. Only once I was asked to show the contents of my bag, they took a look at it and put it back on my bag and allowed me to proceed.

Now gym CHALK is another story, that’s were the devil lies. I was detained for 40 minutes for carrying a bit of chalk in a plastic bag ( not even sealed ) together with my lifting belt. Funny how those things go, considering my friend had a disassembled paintball gun ( modeled like an M16 ) and wasn’t even asked to open his bag.

Just to be safe, you should probably hide it up your butt

[quote]earthquake wrote:
Interesting…I’ve never heard of a swab or explosive test. It was usually “throw it out” even if its in a container.[/quote]

Half my stuff gets swabbed every time I fly… they wipe this cloth on whatever the item is then put it in a machine to analyze the sample.

Out of 10 or so flights I boarder with an opened creatine container out of DTW/back they made me open it once.

Hmmm switching protein for test powder

Walk onto the plane and yell out “I HAVE A BOMB”

If you look like a terrorist, I could see it being a problem.