Taking Pictures

I’ve been training for about 2 years now, but have never taken any pictures. My question, is there a standard way to take your pictures?

cold or after workout ?
relaxed or posing (if so, any specific poses) ?

Thanks.

All depends, I don’t think post-workout or just anytime makes a difference. Poses help to highlight certain areas and a few basic ones help get an idea of development. For example, a double bi kind of thing is much more effective than a head on relaxed pose at showing the arms and chest as a whole.

It’s just preference, really.

[quote]Carbon-12 wrote:
All depends, I don’t think post-workout or just anytime makes a difference. Poses help to highlight certain areas and a few basic ones help get an idea of development. For example, a double bi kind of thing is much more effective than a head on relaxed pose at showing the arms and chest as a whole.

It’s just preference, really.[/quote]

Agreed. If you gain 20lbs over the course of 2 years, it won’t matter whether you were pumped or not when you took a picture 20lbs less. When I weighed 150lbs, I could have just finished lifting and it would make no difference compared to a picture taken of me 50-100lbs heavier.

Also, most bodybuilding contests are done with the “athletes” having access to a pump room backstage. that means no contest is even done “cold” if it can be helped.