Taking Over

last thursday was a mediocre shoulder workout

Today:
worked up to the 95’sx3 in the dumbells and was weak as heck. thought about not doing anything else but i went on to do some flat benching and got 205x5 which is a PR of sorts. i’ve had a few bad workouts due to poor pre-workout nutrition. my stomach has been empty and growling the last two workouts, i just need to up the calories

95 X 3 is solid man, way to go. race to 300 is on!

so what is your reasoning for doing GHR before squats? to bring up hammies?

yeah larry, hammies are relatively weak and small, just want to give them more focused attention

Today
standing leg curls- these were crappy, i’m going back to lying leg curls next time.
GHR- stronger in these because the standing leg curls did nothing against my hammies

Front squats
245x6PR heck yeah, form is really improving
255x3

hammer strenght v squat
4 plates and a ten each side- 6repsPR
4 plates and a 25 each side- 5 repsPR,3

1 set of 20 sloppy pull-ups for giggles

seated calve raises
standing calve raises

Great workout today, i intend to eclipse it with an even better arm workout tommorow. Having protein and carbs in me before i went to the gym today made a huge difference.

hooray for pre-workout nutrition!!

Today

BB curls
warm-up
115x4PR
105x4
95x6

Dips
BW+90x5PR
BW+70x6,4

alt. DB curls
52.5’sx6,5(I think, my mind was elsewhere)
47.5’sx6

nosebreakers
90x6PR,5,3

Preacher curls
90x6,3

tricep pushdowns
85x5,6

Great workout. 1 pop-tart+1banana+20-30grams whey protein=win in the gym

Deadlifts
worked up to
405x5 PR

standing military press
135x8PR (it was in the squat rack so i said what the heck and did this with no warm-up lol)

cable rows
200x6
220x5
200x5

lat pull-downs
200x6,5

DB upright rows
55’sx12,10,8

forearm stuff

5-10 minutes jumping rope

great training session. 2 nice PR’s

Did you hop on Stu’s workout nutrition of Pop-Tarts? haha, I may have to try this sometime

Solid PR on deadlifts man

dude, pop-tarts are awesome.

Today,
Flat BB bench
warm-up
210x5PR
185x9,6

Incline Bench
160x4,4

HS Incline Bench
2 plates a sidex8,5

Decline BB bench
185x5,5

curls
115x4(almost got 5, will do so wednesday/thursday hopefully)

4 sets of heavy lying leg curls
Front Squat
255x5 PR(just missed 6, hope to get it next time)
225x6(pretty easy)

GHR’s
BWx10,8(fresher hammies, didn’t leg curl just prior)

Hammer strength V-squats
4plates +25 a side for 5

leg press
worked up to 6 plates a side for six deep reps

5 sets of calves

I think eventually im gonna split up quads and hamstrings into separate days

Friday training
rack lock-outs, bar at knee
425x5,5
405x5

cable rows(super strict form today)
200x6
180x8,6

2 sets of pull-ups

that’s it. that was the first time i’ve really done rack lock-outs. i decided to add them because i’ve had a major sticking point at my knees in conventional deadlifting. the biggest drawback to the rack lock-outs is my grip. i have straps but i honestly don’t know how to use them lol.

BB bench
210x7(big PR, but my spotter put a hand on it the last rep, he said he didn’t help but who knows, give me 6)

HS Incline
225x8(easy)
245x4(hard)
225x5(hard)

Decline
185x6,4

four wheels on bench next week for reps

well today was planned to be a beastly leg day. But about an hour before i went to the gym, i got an intense urge to play some bball. i called the only gym around here to play ball at and they are closed for the summer(its an old fieldhouse that gets really hot in the summer). I couldn’t get my mind off of hooping so my mind was in athletic/explosive mode instead of workhorse mode lol. i did some box jumps and managed to get a PR in that though. afterwards, i just decided to do arms:

BB curls
115x5PR

skullcrushers

higher rep pump stuff for a change

measured my arms at just over 15" post workout. This is panzified but my arms are my weakest link and to see progress in them is VERY encouraging. I’m not gonna even try to lean out till i have at least 16’s

2-3 mile run. just keeping the heart healthy and enjoying the gorgeous weather

back:
weighted pull-ups
bw+45x5,4
bw+25x5

cable rows
200x6
180x8,6

chest supported rows
2platesx6
2.5platesx6
3platesx5

upright rows
55’sx10,10,8

shrugs
90’sx20,20

BB bench press
225x4 PR
205x6
185x10 PR

HS incline
225x6,5,5

decline
185x5(my chest was spent)

I normally do abs on chest day but my hip flexors are still sore from playing soccer on saturday.

Your bench is climbing fast, keep it up man

yours is too, i mean business with this little competition of ours lol.

[quote]leadben wrote:
yours is too, i mean business with this little competition of ours lol.[/quote]

Haha. Good, cause I want to know I had competition after I win :wink:

crappy leg day. no heavy weights. Someone pointed out to me that my squat was looking more like a good morning than a leg exercise. i did a few sets of 3 with 275 and focused on keeping my head and chest up.

well, after several succesive sub-par sessions, i’m taking the next week off of training. i feel like i need the physical and psychological break.

im moving to a higher volume plan for now. i will be following 5-3-1 for my big lifts and doing big but boring plus extra for my accessories. no 5-3-1 today tho. im naturally strong at deadlift so i think it has less of a physique carry over for me. im gonna try to do more rows than anything

today
chest supported rows
2platesx15
2plates+10x12
2plates+15x10

cables rows
160x9,8
140x8

barbell rows
150x12
135x10

upright rows
3 sets

machine reverse flies
3 sets

wow. i suck at volume. this is gonna help me a lot. my motivation has been rekindled