Taking Liquid Arimidex on Travel

I do some travel for business on occasion, and everytime I do so I take my arimidex tablets with me instead of the much more convenient liquid arimidex I use at home. I do this to avoid potential hassle with carrying any liquid on board aircraft…especially “medications” I have that are not prescription such as arimidex for me. I do not “check bags” ever either, as I have had too many “lost bags” incidents with airlines that I always do a light carry-on each trip.

I’m sure many of you already know that splitting a small 1 mg arimidex tablet into even 1/4 is quite an effort, even with one of those pill splitters you can get from any pharmacy. What makes matters worse for me, is that in order to stay in the E2 range of 20 - 22 I only need to take a single drop a day. At roughly 26 to 28 drops per 1 mg of solution, that equates to only 1/26 or 1/28 of a mg a day! No way one will be able to split the tabs into that small of a denomination.

My small amount equates to about 0.25 mg of arimidex a week…so with a half life of roughly 50 hours, the best I have ever taken was 1/8 of a tab every 3rd day (boy…splitting down to 1/8 is almost impossible; I cannot seriously say that I’m actually taking an 1/8 of a tab after the split, because it looks so uneven! lol!) and this somewhat approximated the single drop a day of the liquidex, but not quite.

What are some other options? I’m thinking about taking the liquidex with me on my carry on and declaring it at the security area (you are allowed 100 ml of liquid but you must declare. I think you are allowed to check in bags with liquid of this type in your luggage also), but am unsure what I would tell them.

Thanks. I’m sure there is something so obvious that I haven’t thought of.

I travel between CA and NYC all the time with a 2 oz. bottle of Purell hand sanitizer in a small carry on bag, never even gotten a second look. Plus another small thing of hand lotion. No baggie used, no declaration beforehand, just straight through the security check.

I’m sure you can buy some small empty bottles at any drugstore. Or use those little bottles that they have at hotels for mouthwash.

On the same note, how do TRT injection folks deal with syringes and a class 3 drug flying etc? My T Cyp bottle has my prescription on the side and my name so I assume that is good but the needles?

I just did this.

Get a bottle of scope mouthwash. One of the mini travel size ones. Fill it with your AI and they will never able to tell the difference.

Also with Needles i just tucked them in the plastic zip lock bag that has my script on the outside. I checked those though.

I either take off the label of things I don’t want them to know what it is, or I put it in a travel bottle (pick up at just about any store - even grocery stores carry them) if the original bottle is too big. They could give a shit what’s in it, they just want to know that you aren’t gonna go all jihad on 'em in mid flight. If you can’t get a bottle with the dropper/dispenser, just carry that separately in your carry on.

I have taken syringes in a baggie with the prescription on the outside. They did ask to look at them once going through security (in my carry on) but with the prescription on the outside they were fine with it. So, if you have a baggie from a doc that some older syringes came in, KEEP IT. It is like gold if you travel.

Never done it personally but what about crushing up an adex pill and dividing in half, and then just keep dividing the halves in half till you get to 28 little bitty piles? You could then ingest orally what you need while you are away and then put the rest back in the bottle for later use. Just a thought.

If you have injectables with Rx labels bearing your name, do not worry about syringes. And insulin syringes are not even Rx in some states and there is not a federal law that trumps that. There are huge numbers of diabetics who travel, they see their kit all of the time.

I carry in a diabetic injection kit and it carries cold gel packs to keep hCG cold. There is a provision to carry gel pack on-board when used to manage meds. You need to remove and in a separate bag, alert [declare] the inspector that you have meds with a gel pack.

I need to figure this problem out pretty quickly. I do not have anymore prescription anastrozole capsules. I have the original pill bottle with the capsule prescription but all I have is liquid anastrozole. I would just put it in one of those little scope bottles, but the color of the liquid from my supplier is like an opague aqua. It would not be confused with mouthwash. I thought about just mixing it with scope in a metered amount and then just drinking a small portion of the mouthwash, but I am not sure that is too healthy and I am not sure if the anastrozole will break down in the ethanole.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I’m only traveling for 5 days so I will live without it, but I would rather not upset the apple cart that is running smoothly. My flights are all within the US.

jrm: do you check bags, or carry on?

I have travelled over 100k miles in the past year with a bottle full of liquidex in my shaving kit, within my checked bag…both domestic and internationally…never declared it for an international flight…

If you check bags, you will have absolutely no issues…

For carry-on, meh…its a research chemical, which is legal as long as you are not consuming it…so as long as you don’t consume it in front of them…

At any rate, use your own judgment…but TSA has bigger fish to fry than adex users…

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
jrm: do you check bags, or carry on?

I have travelled over 100k miles in the past year with a bottle full of liquidex in my shaving kit, within my checked bag…both domestic and internationally…never declared it for an international flight…

If you check bags, you will have absolutely no issues…

For carry-on, meh…its a research chemical, which is legal as long as you are not consuming it…so as long as you don’t consume it in front of them…

At any rate, use your own judgment…but TSA has bigger fish to fry than adex users…[/quote]

Thanks VT, I appreciate the info. I’ll just check it in my shaving kit. Did you pull the label off?

Mine didn’t have a label to begin with, I don’t think…but if it did, i pulled it off, obviously…