Taking Creatine, Getting Headaches

Hi whenever I take creatine I get the most severe headaches. I also feel like I’m gonna throw up. I’ve used different brands of creatine so its not that. What is up with me?

How much are you taking? More importantly, how much water are you drinking per day?

I suspect that it’s unrelated, but since creatine is hygroscopic and headaches and nausea might be caused by even mild dehydration, I suggest that you try to drink more water. Not just try, make sure that you really do it.

well today I had 1 scoop (33g) with 600ml of water.

33g? It’s obviously not monohydrate…what brand is it?

Maximuscle- creatamax

the max of an adult in a day is 3-5g
not a surprise you’re getting a headache. and shakes possibly to follow

pull it back, cowboy.

best
mc

Buy some pure creatine monohydrate instead and take 5 grams a day. With all the ingredients in that thing, you don’t know what causes the headache. It’s dirt cheap and anyone will agree that it works.

My first thought was dehydration. Creatine can dehydrate.
Have you only had headaches when using that particular brand of creatine?
Start looking at the other ingredients included in Creatamax.
You said you haven’t had headaches with other creatines, so that’s not the problem. Then it’s probably something else that’s in there.

ah! i see not pure crmono
what 's in there is dextrose and glutamine and 5g of creatine so the CM dose isn’t a biggie if you’re doing it once a day. and 5g of glutamine is just this side of useless if you have no GI distress, and the dextrose well that’s neither here nor there. whether it’s the other stuff “Contains a unique blend of creatine transport nutrients including GAA, fenugreek, l-glycine, D-pinitol and Bioperine*” who knows?

So agree with other posters: get just some plain old creatin mono (like what gosh, Biotest sells) and give it a go again. purity is a good thing.

hope that helps.

mc

Fenugreek? What the shit is that there for?

Go with monohydrate man, those creatine complexes and shit contain so much trash its absurd - I’ve seen some with 60g of sugar, scares me to death to think people buy that.

Oh okay, I see basically its full of shit. I don;t really know what you guys are talking about, kinda got the gist. I’ll buy somma that mono hydrate stuff and see how it goes. I paid £45 for that shit!

[quote]CapnYousef wrote:
Fenugreek? What the shit is that there for?

[/quote]

well, some might argue it helps to absorb carbs/protein
It’s also got choline which is useful for a bunch of stuff but has an upper limit (3.5g?)
and tryptophan (a serotonin precursor)

So it’s not bad, it’s just if we don’t know why something’s in the label, maybe get the stuff that doesn’t have it.

And for the price, sounds like they’re charging a lot for sugar.

Personally, one of my biggest concerns besides choosing an appropriate sup

is just finding one that is actually what it says it is - where the purity is as high as it can be.

As far as i know, the Biotest CM claims to be v.pure

mc

I just started taking creatine again, no headaches so far, nor have I ever experienced one from it. On the supplement facts on the Biotest label it says 1.5 teaspoons = (5g), on the directions it says one scoop = (5g). Am I correct that the scooper = 1.5 teaspoons? I don’t have a measuring spoon to compare the difference.

I had a question about creatine but didn’t want to start a new thread.

Since cinnamon can cause a mild insulin response (or so I heard) could that enhance creatines absorption much like carbs could do without the calories?

The way I see it:

Insulin has nothing to do with getting creatine from the stomach to the blood. Getting it from the blood to the muscle cells is where insulin plays a role. At some point of the day, you’re gonna eat (carbs or not), get some insulin and if it hasn’t already gotten into the cells (creatine uptake isn’t entirely insulin dependent IIRC), it will now.

I could be wrong of course.

But yeah, a little cinnamon should help a little.

Creatine is a known steroid, similar to testosterone, clomid, and muscle-milk. They are all in the same steroid family.

What you are probably experiencing are the symptoms of roid rage. You should just be all natural man…why cheat?

I was just watching the 5 o’clock news and saw the football players with compartment syndrome, or something like that. I was going to make a thread asking WTF are they talking about? I log on and see an entire article wrote up about it allready.

Nice work.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
Creatine is a known steroid, similar to testosterone, clomid, and muscle-milk. They are all in the same steroid family.

What you are probably experiencing are the symptoms of roid rage. You should just be all natural man…why cheat?[/quote]

I hope your being sarcastic?

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

What you are probably experiencing are the symptoms of roid rage. You should just be all natural man…why cheat?[/quote]

Haha, best post ever!