Taking Care of the Liver

It wasn’t cancer. I looked for the threads but couldn’t find them. Searching on promuscle has always seemed difficult to me.

Wrt one’s liver during oral cycles, I agree that it just isn’t that bad MOST of the time. There are some interesting articles posted at Mind & Muscle describing how most doctors don’t even realize that liver enzymes can spike simply from hard lifting, regardless of AAS use.

Further, even with oral AAS use, GGT (= gamma glutamyl transpeptidase, an important transfer enzyme) is rarely raised - unlike with hepatitis patients - suggesting that damage is unlikely.

_

OTOH… to be fair, general, non-cancerous organ nastiness can still happen so it makes sense to be responsible.

Here are a couple of abstracts from Pubmed. BBB, you might know more about the particulars.

The first one deals with fatal lung issues in some Greek lifter. Apparently his tissue tested positive for deca (it only mentions test in this abstract). I’ve seen an autopsy picture supposedly of his nasty-ass, distorted lung. No idea about dosages… and I’d guess he was running other compounds as well that just weren’t tested for, or were too transient to be detected.

Second abstract briefly refers to someone damaged but not killed by superdrol use. Again, no clear indication how he ran it and whether or not there could have been additional substances involved. A bit preachy in tone, but that helps get things published.

Forensic Sci Int. 2009 Apr 15;186(1-3):e13-6.

First case of fatal pulmonary peliosis without any other organ involvement in a young testosterone abusing male.

Vougiouklakis T, Mitselou A, Batistatou A, Boumba V, Charalabopoulos K.

Dept of Forensic Medicine, Clinical Unit, Medical School, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece.

Peliosis is a rare lesion characterized by the presence of blood-filled cysts, with unknown true incidence and etiology. It has been most frequently reported to the liver (peliosis hepatis) and to other organs of the mononuclear phagocytic system, such as spleen, bone marrow and lymph nodes.

However, other organs may also be affected. Its occurrence has been linked to wasting conditions such as tuberculosis, cancer, immunosuppression and the use of androgenic-anabolic steroids. Herein, we report a case of pulmonary peliosis, in a 29-year-old man who was abusing testosterone as it was proved by toxicological analysis. To our knowledge this is the third reported case of pulmonary peliosis and the first one that is not associated with peliosis of any other organ.

Am J Gastroenterol. 2006 Nov;101(11):2659-62.

Cholestatic jaundice and IgA nephropathy induced by OTC muscle building agent superdrol.

Jasiurkowski B, Raj J, Wisinger D, Carlson R, Zou L, Nadir A.

Maricopa Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona, USA.

Over the counter (OTC) medicines are commonly used in the United States despite a lack of scientific evidence for clinical utility and toxicity associated with their use. A case of jaundice and IgA nephropathy as a consequence of use of a muscle enhancing OTC supplement that was advertised as innocuous with no hormonal activity is described.

IgA nephropathy has not been described previously in association with the use of testosterone. The case highlights that, besides adulteration, the misrepresentation of chemicals present in OTC medications and supplements can create confusion and a false sense of security with their use.

[quote]Pretzel Logic wrote:
Ct. Rockula wrote:
ayo boys whats up

Roc is contmplating a venture in the scary world of gear - Superdrol. I think I have a pretty legit PCT in EndoAmp Max, Toco-8, and Sustain Alpha

I’m also running Unleashed with the drol a 30 mg daily

so what can I do to better protect my liver? Has anyone hear ever heard of Lipid Stabil? or anything like that, so i can get more protection during the cycle if I actually decide to do it

I don’t know what you just said, but I like your avatar for some reason. Maybe because it looks real. Has anyone actually had or known someone who had liver problems from AAS. A couple guys on professionalmuscle got some kind of liver tumors or something but they kinda came out of nowhere. Anyone have first hand experience with classic symptoms?[/quote]

I know who you are talking about and he was running extreme amounts of gear without ever coming off for years.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
Pretzel Logic wrote:
Ct. Rockula wrote:
ayo boys whats up

Roc is contmplating a venture in the scary world of gear - Superdrol. I think I have a pretty legit PCT in EndoAmp Max, Toco-8, and Sustain Alpha

I’m also running Unleashed with the drol a 30 mg daily

so what can I do to better protect my liver? Has anyone hear ever heard of Lipid Stabil? or anything like that, so i can get more protection during the cycle if I actually decide to do it

I don’t know what you just said, but I like your avatar for some reason. Maybe because it looks real. Has anyone actually had or known someone who had liver problems from AAS. A couple guys on professionalmuscle got some kind of liver tumors or something but they kinda came out of nowhere. Anyone have first hand experience with classic symptoms?

I know who you are talking about and he was running extreme amounts of gear without ever coming off for years.[/quote]

Do you remember the exact condition? I remember surgery was involved but I think a mostly full recovery was made. Did he do a ton of orals, I thought I remember he said he didn’t.

I found it. It was hepatic adenoma. I guess basically the blood filled cysts BBB talked about that get too big and rupture. One case was a guy who used a ton of orals, didn’t have blood tests and had abdominal distention for awhile before it happened. Other guy did conservative cycles, had normal blood tests. and discovered it by accident during a scan for apendicitis. Good reads. Links:

NAC>Milk Thistle