Taking a Week Off Sucks

So i decided to take a week off after about 14 weeks of hard workouts.

bad idea.

my last workout was friday. today is wednesday.

I’m constantly tired, i got 10 hours sleep last night and it wasn’t enough.

i have no energy, pushups are hard.

i feel depressed all the time.

my diet has plummeted and im eating like shit.

it feels like a broke a rib where it attaches to my T spine on the right.

i feel like a doughy pussy.

fuuuck. I need to lift. so badly.

Then go lift.

If you react this badly to a week off, maybe you just do better without taking weeks off.

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:
Then go lift.

If you react this badly to a week off, maybe you just do better without taking weeks off. [/quote]

Exactly. The fix to this problem was so easy I’m surprised the OP even posted about it.

Yea man … listen to your body. That shit don’t play games, if it’s screaming “I NEED YOU TO GO LIFT YOU PUSSY” then guess what … you probably need to go lift you pussy.

Now, go lift you pussy

[quote]schultzie wrote:
So i decided to take a week off after about 14 weeks of hard workouts.

bad idea.

my last workout was friday. today is wednesday.

I’m constantly tired, i got 10 hours sleep last night and it wasn’t enough.

i have no energy, pushups are hard.

i feel depressed all the time.

my diet has plummeted and im eating like shit.

it feels like a broke a rib where it attaches to my T spine on the right.

i feel like a doughy pussy.

fuuuck. I need to lift. so badly.[/quote]

Is a T-spine like a super manly, testosterone filled spine that doesn’t take shit from anyone, or some scientific term used to refer to a certain part of your spine? Honest question.

See a Chiro.

I fully understand scaling back after many many weeks of going balls to the wall (I do DC which has built in cruises). However, it’s pretty obvious that you probably shouldnt take a full week off. Instead, get in the gym and do light work to keep you sane.

There is something like a good deload.

Oh man, this sounds like what i did just last week. I took a week off probably after more than a year of training…It really did suck, it seems like my strength was sucked right out of me…

It won’t happen again, unless i get ill or something, but once that first week passes that your back you’ll start feeling good again, and well rested…

Main thing though is to continue to eat properly, this will aid you in seeing your strength reach optimum levels as soon as possible…

Who the hell takes weeks off? Weaklings!

You think the Spartans took weeks off?!! No.

awesome…

I’m going to the beach on sunday and am going to take my first full week off in more than a year…

I’m hoping that coolers full of beer and the jimmy buffett xm radio station will make the transition easier

[quote]JLu wrote:

Is a T-spine like a super manly, testosterone filled spine that doesn’t take shit from anyone, or some scientific term used to refer to a certain part of your spine? Honest question.[/quote]

LOL I thought that for a second too, whenever I see T-anything I think that. However, he probably means thoracic spine.