Taking a Week Break?

Any of you guys do this after working out 4-5 weeks? In hopes to give your body that “shock” again? It’s harder than not jerking off for a whole week :frowning: Anyways, why is T-Nation all of a sudden having a big argument over TBT and Splits?

Why not do both (1 week do splits, 2 weeks to TBT than switch it up again) shocking the system is more important than debating over something small like TBT and Split yah? Get the pros of both sides. :smiley:

I take a week to 10 days of deconditioning every 6 to 8 weeks. I find I can continue to make hypertrphic gains with submaximal weights that way rather than trying to push past weight limits my connective tissue is not ready to accept yet. It also helps with my motivation.

I normally go 12 weeks, then a down week. Down weeks are just reduced volume. I keep the weights as high as they can be, and keep the rest periods where they should be, just cut the volume in half.

[quote]daniel d wrote:
Any of you guys do this after working out 4-5 weeks? In hopes to give your body that “shock” again? It’s harder than not jerking off for a whole week
[/quote]

No normally I dont but it seems every 8-12 weeks or so at least something in life makes it so I have a deloading week something causes me to be busy and limit training. Not off but very much so less total volume. This serves me well.

But yes if you can regularly take a break go for it Id saty active no need in being a slug but deloading does help.

[quote]
:frowning: Anyways, why is T-Nation all of a sudden having a big argument over TBT and Splits?

Why not do both (1 week do splits, 2 weeks to TBT than switch it up again) shocking the system is more important than debating over something small like TBT and Split yah? Get the pros of both sides. :D[/quote]

Hmm well the problem is mixing things up keeping the body guessing is good. But so is adaptation. It takes a few weeks in a program (in theory) for your body to adapt to a program and make actual gains. Prior to this its just the body getting used to the routine etc the new stimulus.

Then after a few weeks your body knows the program what you ask of it and more and makes actual muscular and more neural adaptation to the program. Stick with the same thing to long and sure you will stagnate but it doesnt take much of a change.

Its a fine line between to much change, not being consistant, and not enough change stagnation. You need to stick to things long enough to elicite an actual response. Much like if you were to switch sports week to week. say you rotate between tennis and football. neither of those is going to make you better at the other.

crappy analogy but its all i got. The more advance you are and if you base these split vs Total body weeks on BIG compounds or very similar exercises sure sounds good. the main thing in the end get your but in the gym be consistant and work hard.

Phill