Taking a Break from Supps?

Is there any point in taking short breaks from supps?

I’ve been using fish oil and rotating between a multi and Superfood daily for years.

Should I go off for say a week or 2?

Even when you go on vacation you maintain your suppliment protocol?

I am no expert, but for fish oil and super food it is things you consume on a daily basis. The difference is that it is in greater quantities. So no, I would not. If you were taking Indigo 3G or some of those more potent supplements, it might be good for your organs to take a break. Like I said I’m no expert, that’s just my advice.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Is there any point in taking short breaks from supps?[/quote]
Some supplements, sometimes. Think fat burners, stimulants, those that effect hormone levels (like Test boosters, maybe, depending on who you ask), etc.

[quote]I’ve been using fish oil and rotating between a multi and Superfood daily for years.

Should I go off for say a week or 2? [/quote]
With these supplements, in this context, no.

Would you “go off” tuna fish or spinach?

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Is there any point in taking short breaks from supps?[/quote]
Some supplements, sometimes. Think fat burners, stimulants, those that effect hormone levels (like Test boosters, maybe, depending on who you ask), etc.

[quote]I’ve been using fish oil and rotating between a multi and Superfood daily for years.

Should I go off for say a week or 2? [/quote]

Would you “go off” tuna fish or spinach?[/quote]

Ditto what Mr. C says.

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
Even when you go on vacation you maintain your suppliment protocol? [/quote]

Yes.

A lot of people have an aversion to popping pills, not me. I don’t feel I need a break.

Not veggies, but I certainly do take break from proteins.

I eat eggs in cycles for instance. 6 months on, 6 weeks off. It makes me feel good when I return.

Poliquin talks about meat allergies and the need for breaks, especially among the bodybuilders.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Not veggies, but I certainly do take break from proteins.

I eat eggs in cycles for instance. 6 months on, 6 weeks off. It makes me feel good when I return.

Poliquin talks about meat allergies and the need for breaks, especially among the bodybuilders.[/quote]
Some people, not all, certainly do agree with that line of thinking. If you do, and if you feel a difference from it, then you probably had your mind 80% made up before starting this thread.

I still wouldn’t say cycling things like fish oil or Superfood is necessary, as they’re both basically “concentrated foods”, rather than “supplements.”

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Is there any point in taking short breaks from supps?

I’ve been using fish oil and rotating between a multi and Superfood daily for years.

Should I go off for say a week or 2?
[/quote]

Fish oil, multis, and products like Superfood IMO are counted as part of your food intake nutrition. They fill in gaps with diet rather than them being ergogenic aids. They don’t need cycling and with fish oil, just don’t go crazy and start super dosing it (super dosing fish oil could lead to more oxidized fats in your system, oxidized fats in your system is not good).