Taking a 50 Day Break From the Gym

Why is this posted here on T nation? Are you expecting different responses than you are getting? Not to be mean, but for the most part, most here live lifting, eating, etc… If you want to work out, some how some way you will. Especially if you are visiting university’s that probably all have a gym. If you don’t care to miss workouts, then yes you will lose some size or strength. I just don’t understand why you would ask here?

At the very least, I am sure besides all the gym’s you be passing by, you can at least find a local park that has kids play structure’s on them, usually good for dips, pullups, etc… If you want it, you just have to find a way.

oh, AMERICAN universities?

lol. how is this even a thread? every friggin university has a gym. tell them you are thinking about coming to the uni and could you have a day pass to the gym.

i mean, WHAT? are gyms in european universities just not that common?

why do i have the sneaking suspicion you would’t be able to tell the OP lifted weights unless he was wearing his favorite medium size abercrombie shirt…

[quote]Aprentice wrote:
I wasn’t planning one not working.

I have set up a bodyweight routine for every week…
I was just looking at this from a “worst-scenario” point of view.

and Success is relative. For you it may be being huge and truly looking like a t-man.

For me it was loosing 66 pounds of fat in one year and working my way up being diced while still having time for friends, girls, and A grades :slight_smile:

No offense.[/quote]

How the fuck do you loose weight? A lot of people seem to know, but I’m in the dark over here…

And honestly you belong more at BB.com, or iamagiantpussywholiesontheinternetaboutcollegeweightlossanddesiretoliftweights.com rather than here

no offense insert gay smile face

Didn’t think it would hurt to ask.
People live and learn…

Don’t bash people for asking

NO, I did not know that there were gyms in unis. I am Brazilian and have lived in Europe my whole life.
If posting here is so sinful. I will stop.

Thanks for the replies anyway :slight_smile:

Oh you define pussy for how much you can lift…
right…

I am not gonna ask you about your social life, friends, job… It will be too embarassing probably. If not… then good for you.

I lost weight by working out 7 x a week for a YEAR. It paid off. There is no way around it. Lift weights, eat kess.

[quote]Aprentice wrote:
Oh you define pussy for how much you can lift…
right…

I am not gonna ask you about your social life, friends, job… It will be too embarassing probably. If not… then good for you.

I lost weight by working out 7 x a week for a YEAR. It paid off. There is no way around it. Lift weights, eat kess.[/quote]

You’re right…the bigger your muscles, the less friends you have and the worse your job is.

Hell, anyone with arms over 20" clearly can’t even get a job scraping bubble gum off the sidewalk at an amusement park and they almost always have NO friends and never leave the house.

Big muscles = sad and alone

Being tiny and avoiding the gym for lame excuses = mega friendships and fucking supermodels in Burger King restrooms.

never said that…
I connected his way of thinking to that of the typical looser!

Telling someone he is a pussy because he/she doesn’t lift for a living and wants to learn and improve… is totally correct right?

I wonder how you fucking did it? Pulled out all the knowledge out of your ass?

I am just trying to learn! Bashing me for it isn’t doing any good.

[quote]Aprentice wrote:
never said that…
I connected his way of thinking to that of the typical looser!

Telling someone he is a pussy because he/she doesn’t lift for a living and wants to learn and improve… is totally correct right?

I wonder how you fucking did it? Pulled out all the knowledge out of your ass?

I am just trying to learn! Bashing me for it isn’t doing any good.[/quote]

I haven’t even bashed you. I AM pointing out that you clearly aren’t that driven or this question wouldn’t have come up. Maybe you thought you would get different responses…but the truth is, these are the types of responses you will always get if you log onto a forum with dedicated lifters and talk about taking a “50 day break from the gym” for no reason.

I lifted through college. I lifted through dental school. I lifted through the military. I just don’t understand the people who act like this is impossible. I wanted it…so I did what was necessary. I lifted weights at YMCAs, in college gyms and even talked my way into free “trial memberships” at several different gyms when I really couldn’t afford it.

If you think you can’t do this and have friends or a girlfriend, you are on the wrong site.

Does it take more time management? yes.

Does it take cooking meals late at night for the next day? yes.

Does it take not staying out every single night until 3AM? yes.

It does take discipline…and if you aren’t ready to give it, maybe this is not for you.

You logged into a BODYBUILDING FORUM…not a “gee, I may or may not lift this week” forum where people clap if you just show up.

VVé, I fucked it up today… I returned to my favourite gym which has been closed for last month, reopened today… When I entered I found a piano in the place where once the bench had been… No idea how they got it inside, as the door is way to narrow to bring that stuff in, but I had a “hard time” getting it from the mid of the gym…

After that I got a great workout… also, my town has bout 17k inhabitants, it’s from the most pathetic part of Hungary, the minorities (gyps) taking us over everywhere, and we still have seven gyms, six with decent equipment and iron… I won’t believe that other parts of Europe don’t offer gyms at all…

for your information…
I have a condition called obssessive exercise syndrome where if i don’t get my workout done… I feel like shit.

I have been faithful for the past year. 4 x a week.
Monday, wednesday, friday and sunday. Never missed a single workout. Just once or twice for extreme illness.

The reason i asked the question was maybe for some input of others and this could maybe help me overcome the fear of not being able to workout during this “break”

now that i know i can get daily passes and work out at unis’ gyms, i feel like the objective of me asking has been served. I have learnt something, and i am thankful for that.

haha i love it how far this thread went.

I never said there aren’t gyms in Europe.
I love in Brussels… there are 5 gyms per km squared

[quote]Aprentice wrote:
for your information…
I have a condition called obssessive exercise syndrome where if i don’t get my workout done… I feel like shit.[/quote]

Wait…this is a SYNDROME now?

WTF???

???

???

[quote]
Monday, wednesday, friday and sunday. Never missed a single workout. Just once or twice for extreme illness.

The reason i asked the question was maybe for some input of others and this could maybe help me overcome the fear of not being able to workout during this “break”

now that i know i can get daily passes and work out at unis’ gyms, i feel like the objective of me asking has been served. I have learnt something, and i am thankful for that.[/quote]

Thank goodness for that, huh?

[quote]Aprentice wrote:
[/quote]

I know I just learned to read yesterday, but a page back you said you lift 7 times a week for the last year…

Also, x2 with everything else said in this thread… if you cant find the time now, it will never get easier later, so just admit its not important to you and move on, non of us really care that you cant hack it, just dont make stupid threads and expect a different response…

4 x a week lifting 3 x cardion

Its important to me but it’s not something I am willing to sacrifice everything for

^^^^LOL what a waste of time. Prof X you should have known better to respond to obsurd shit like this…let the uselessness resume…

Don’t worry. I have been lifting on and off (mainly off) for over 11 years and I still look like I don’t lift weights at all. Your social life is WAY more important, so just do body weight exercises and try to control your eating and you will be good. If you don’t control your eating, then you will revert back to a fat ass (just like me) - which is also okay.

[quote]hawaiilifterMike wrote:
Don’t worry. I have been lifting on and off (mainly off) for over 11 years and I still look like I don’t lift weights at all.[/quote] I wonder why that is.[quote] Your social life is WAY more important, so just do body weight exercises and try to control your eating and you will be good. If you don’t control your eating, then you will revert back to a fat ass (just like me) - which is also okay.
[/quote]

LOLZ

I went to Queens College and been to the gyms at the colleges and Us you say you are visiting. There are so many commercial gyms around these areas. Just say your moving there and want to check it out. Go through the stupid as tour and workout after. Also theres like 400 shitty bally total fitness gyms everywhere in the states, go on line and print out a week guest pass and walaaaa, instant gym, albeit shitty but a gym nonetheless.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I wanted it…so I did what was necessary.
[/quote]

Nuff said.

Seriously Professor- why do you write more than that?..I’m sure you’ve got better things to do.

That one line works for just about every scenario in life, IMO.

OP- Prof’s got a point, if you come to T-Nation and write “I can’t lift for 50 days” people will suggest ways you can. If you don’t want to, or don’t care that much, thats fine. But I’m pretty sure you could lift in 9 of 10 gyms for free if you tell them your situation.

The lifting thing shouldn’t be a problem at all. The diet…well it seems like you’re trying to stay lean (cardio 3x a week and “66 lbs fat loss”) so just keep it clean whenever you can. Buy some bags of frozen chicken, steaks, eggs, peanut butter, potatoes, etc.