Take Your Laptop to the Gym

[quote]Sxio wrote:
There’s no way I’d have the time to use a computer between sets. I go to the gym to get away from that stuff. It’s all heavy iron and a notepad and pencil to record my efforts, along with a water bottle. [/quote]

This is why I train at home. I Can’t even imagine waiting for a station while some guy’s sitting there tapping on his laptop. Someone’s gonna flip out on that brand-new Dell of yours.

Man, im a huge geek and usually have a laptop wired to my arm 24/7, but I dont think i could find the time to do anything while training.

My rests between sets are either 20 seconds or 2 minutes, the 2 minute ones im usually trying to catch my breath and resist heart attack.

[quote]bigblue244 wrote:
Jesus was a virgin, BY THE WAY

haha just plaaaaying[/quote]

Some people turn 12 when they’re drunk I guess.

I have to agree with the main sentiment - using it as a music broadcaster and recording weights/reps as you go = good. Surfing T-Nation = bad.

-Dan

I’d be afraid of dropping something heavy on the computer, so maybe it wouldn’t be the best idea.

[quote]LoneLobo wrote:
I’m typing this inbetween sets of decline. I just a new Dell XPS M1210 Laptop for school, and I’ve dragged it down to my home gym with me. Sound foolish? No.
[/quote]
You must look like a complete dick.

This is clearly a case of not training anywhere near hard enough.

A simple training journal works a treat for most people.

I can’t believe what I am reading. This shit sickens me.

Who are you? Ivan Drago in Rocky IV. Although, get a few webcam recordings of the hot little hussies doing stiff legged deadlifts and put them on this site and I might come around to you.

[quote]
Anyone else drag a notebook to the gym with them?[/quote]
Nope and I never will.

Seriously though, as a troll I can see what you are trying to do here and I respect you for it. Get some hot ass candid shots of tits coming out with that webcam and we’ll forever be grateful. But you sound like a full on nerd to me.

If this guy is bigger than me…well ill just train even harder but still it would piss me off.

you aren’t afraid somebody gonna steal your laptop?

Why don’t you just print off prepared forms with databoxes you can fill in with pen?

Then after your work out you can take 5 seconds to enter them into your database.

Also, you don’t look like a complete dork.

Beef

If he’s doing this in his HOME gym…who gives a fuck?

[quote]LoneLobo wrote:
Bluetooth- Coupled with bluetooth headphones, my whole MP3 library comes to the gym with me. 30 ft. of wireless range makes it so I can park the laptop in the corner
[/quote]

The rest of it sounds over the top. But the MP3 Library is worth it. Each to their own.

Yes, I’m terribly afraid of looking like a dork/getting it stolen/having someone break it in the home gym in my basement. Oh, the terrors that lie just beneath my kitchen.

I’m rehabbing a partial SLAP tear- I bench about 75 pounds for a zillion reps, rest until it stops hurting, and do it again. You think there’s really a danger of compromising my “workout”? The web surfing and video camera was mostly something I threw in there - the music, timer, and workout log are all fairly practical applications

Honestly, I expected a “that’s pretty lame” response, but not to the extent that you put out there. That was some major hate-mail. Congrats, T-Men, you’ve asserted your manliness over the internet. I wonder if you all drive to work with the radio turned off, no A/C, and your automatic seat jammed wherever it may have stopped last?

DAMN. I haven’t seen a flaming like this since Eliteballa. I have a story almost as bad.

A guy probably not much older than me maybe 21 or 22 which made it even sadder was at my gym the other day. First off he’s using the machine circuit, strike 1. Not only is he grossly obese and probably only working out (which I wouldn’t call what he was doing even moving) because of doctors orders but he had a romance novel propped up on his big ass belly and was reading away.

Why even waste your time?

[quote]E-man wrote:
DAMN. I haven’t seen a flaming like this since Eliteballa. I have a story almost as bad.

A guy probably not much older than me maybe 21 or 22 which made it even sadder was at my gym the other day. First off he’s using the machine circuit, strike 1. Not only is he grossly obese and probably only working out (which I wouldn’t call what he was doing even moving) because of doctors orders but he had a romance novel propped up on his big ass belly and was reading away.

Why even waste your time?[/quote]

A romance novel? Please tell me he wasn’t wearing a pink shirt…

After being at a commercial gym for a few months, and now with an injuring to my arm, I’m seriously considering going back to lifting at home because of all the morons I see at the gym.

Anyway to the OP, might be a good idea for music, but having a pc near you during workouts is distracting, period.

The only reason I’m not telling you to kill yourself is that this happens at your home gym.

Regardless though, you need to knock this shit off.

I truly believe anyone seen typing on a damn lap top while in the gym supposedly training needs to be kicked out. That is the dumbest shit I have heard yet. If we let this slide, we might as well get ready for them to bring nice little tables to sit at placed in between the benchpress with bookcases filled with novels posted in between the dumbbell racks. We can just fucking merge Barnes and Noble with Gold’s gym and a Starbucks. Hell, why break a sweat when you can chill-ax?

I missed the part where you said “home gym.”

I have a PC that functions as a jukebox in my home-gym as well.

i think laptops mounted to treadmills or bikes would be a good idea.

[quote]LoneLobo wrote:
Yes, I’m terribly afraid of looking like a dork/getting it stolen/having someone break it in the home gym in my basement. Oh, the terrors that lie just beneath my kitchen.

I’m rehabbing a partial SLAP tear- I bench about 75 pounds for a zillion reps, rest until it stops hurting, and do it again. You think there’s really a danger of compromising my “workout”? The web surfing and video camera was mostly something I threw in there - the music, timer, and workout log are all fairly practical applications

Honestly, I expected a “that’s pretty lame” response, but not to the extent that you put out there. That was some major hate-mail. Congrats, T-Men, you’ve asserted your manliness over the internet. I wonder if you all drive to work with the radio turned off, no A/C, and your automatic seat jammed wherever it may have stopped last?[/quote]

I think if you’ve read this forum for more than a couple days, you’ll realize that people take lifting seriously here. For many it’s a respite from stressful jobs and busy family life. It has to be, or else everyone wouild look like [insert famous skinny actor]

[quote]monkeyarms wrote:
Sxio wrote:
There’s no way I’d have the time to use a computer between sets. I go to the gym to get away from that stuff. It’s all heavy iron and a notepad and pencil to record my efforts, along with a water bottle.

This is why I train at home. I Can’t even imagine waiting for a station while some guy’s sitting there tapping on his laptop. Someone’s gonna flip out on that brand-new Dell of yours.
[/quote]

You didn’t even read his post. He’s at his home gym.

He trains at home TOO.

Who’s going to flip out on him at home? His dog?

If you haev enough time to surf the web during your workout, you’re not focused properly.