Take a Snap of Your Food

why not BBQ? Real smoke for flavour.

I should get a pic of my breakfast tomorrow.

-chris

Watcha doing reading men’s health at work?

Just got home from Valentines Dinner - Here’s the main dish. Brased Beef Spare Ribs - Tam O’ Shanter (Los Angeles)
BCAA, MV and Flameout after dinner. I will consider this as my cheat meal of the week.

Here’s the appetizer - Crab Cakes on a chipotle something sauce. OK, now I need to get busy with the honey… :wink:

lmao perfect ending

Breakfast - 7:30AM
I did not have the time to make my breakfast this moring so I ordered a custom made omelette from a dinner accross where I work. (It is damn expensive but it is good to know that the dinner is available as an option. $12.50 for the omelette)Picture is only half of the omelette.
Omellete - 5 whites\1 whole, chicken breast, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms.
1 cup oatmeal
some carrots
small nectarine
Green tea
MV, Flameout

[quote]flipboyca818 wrote:
Just got home from Valentines Dinner - Here’s the main dish. Brased Beef Spare Ribs - Tam O’ Shanter (Los Angeles)
BCAA, MV and Flameout after dinner. I will consider this as my cheat meal of the week. [/quote]

Why is that a cheat meal? I’m kind of confused at times as to what constitutes a cheat meal or not. For instance, would a lean hamburger on a whole wheat bun be considered a cheat meal?

[quote]Digity wrote:
flipboyca818 wrote:
BCAA, MV and Flameout after dinner. I will consider this as my cheat meal of the week.

Why is that a cheat meal? I’m kind of confused at times as to what constitutes a cheat meal or not. For instance, would a lean hamburger on a whole wheat bun be considered a cheat meal?[/quote]

really depends on the definition of a cheat meal.

Going by Berardi’s recommendations, if it was outside the post-workout window, then yes,the WW bun would constitute the “cheat”.

now, if you’re a hardgainer, then maybe something like this wouldn’t be a cheat meal as the extra starchy carbs wouldn’t really hinder your physique, as in the instance of myself. I’ll usually include a cheeseburger several times a week, on a whole wheat bun, along with a piece of fruit

[quote]Digity wrote:
flipboyca818 wrote:

Why is that a cheat meal? I’m kind of confused at times as to what constitutes a cheat meal or not. For instance, would a lean hamburger on a whole wheat bun be considered a cheat meal?[/quote]

It depends on whether it’s straying form your “usual” or not I suppose, assuming your usual is geared towards achieving your goals. It’s a shit term really don’t get too caught up in trying to define it.

Anyway, here’s my mid afternoon snack.

Dave, it looks like eggs and something…

Just curious, do a lot of people here put their PWO shake in a thermos and bring it to the gym pre-mixed? I’m starting to do that so that I can drink it on the way home.

I do take my post work out drink with me when I go to the gym…there has been times when I needed to stop by somewhere after working out and missedd the window of opportunity (within 45 minutes after WO) to drink my PWO drink. Just to be on the safe side, I just take it with me.

I considered last night’s meal as “Cheat Meal” because it is outside my normal eating habits. If you follow John Berardi’s Precision Nutrition, this meal can also be called the 10 percent meal. (90 percent compliance adherance rule). Last night meal also consisted of: Bread and butter, leek soup, Chocolate souffle, and ice cream.

[quote]flipboyca818 wrote:
I considered last night’s meal as “Cheat Meal” because it is outside my normal eating habits. If you follow John Berardi’s Precision Nutrition, this meal can also be called the 10 percent meal. (90 percent compliance adherance rule). Last night meal also consisted of: Bread and butter, leek soup, Chocolate souffle, and ice cream. [/quote]

Well…the bread, butter, chocolate, ice cream explains it. :slight_smile:

Question on the George Foreman grill for those of you that use them: Do they smoke much?

I use a nice Calphalon grill pan but it tends to smoke up the kitchen even with the filter fan on high. I think it may be the fat so I’m wondering if the GF grill smokes less since the fat drips out of it. Anyone?

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
Question on the George Foreman grill for those of you that use them: Do they smoke much?

I use a nice Calphalon grill pan but it tends to smoke up the kitchen even with the filter fan on high. I think it may be the fat so I’m wondering if the GF grill smokes less since the fat drips out of it. Anyone?[/quote]

No excessive smoke for me at all, and chicken/steaks/burgers taste great!

I’d say it gives off moderate smoke. Again, I’ll recommend a cast iron pan. I stopped using a Foreman grill, because everything taste better cooked in a cast iron pan. Also, you can cook on your stove top and turn on the fan to suck up the smoke.

[quote]Digity wrote:
Just curious, do a lot of people here put their PWO shake in a thermos and bring it to the gym pre-mixed? I’m starting to do that so that I can drink it on the way home.[/quote]

All the time. Is that unusual? I figure everybody does it as opposed to buying the crap that’s sold in a gym.

[quote]Kruiser wrote:

I use a nice Calphalon grill pan but it tends to smoke up the kitchen even with the filter fan on high. I think it may be the fat so I’m wondering if the GF grill smokes less since the fat drips out of it. Anyone?[/quote]

I think mine has smoked before from vegetables, but not from meat.

[quote]Kruiser wrote:

[/quote]

Only when I don’t clean it often enough :frowning:

[quote]Scott M wrote:
Kruiser wrote:

Only when I don’t clean it often enough :([/quote]

Very true - You need to clean it every time after you use it. The easiest way for me is after cooking your food, leave it on and spray with PAM high heat cooking oil spray, after one minute, wipe with moist paper towel. Also never use metalic utensils that could scratch the coating on the plate. once it is scratch, it will be a lot harder to clean. It will smoke regardless, it just depends on what you are cooking, spice and seasoning you are using.