T Nation

Tagament vs. Testosterone

I know that this information is on the label but I had to mention it in case anyone is using the stuff without having read the warnings.

Tagament which is a drug called Cimitidine displaces Testosterone and can cause gynocomastia, impotence, and decreased libido.

Now this usually happens with long term use....I still think that for something like indegestion I would go with any other drug. That doesnt even come close to those types of side effects. Just a heads up. Good training all.

Ok I am off to crush up some Tagament and put it in RITJared's tub of Grow!.

Zantac(Ranitidine) would probably be a better choice since it's not supposed to affect androgen levels.

An interesting tidbit... Zantac has been know to be quite effective for acne via antihistamine (H2 receptor antagonism).

Brian Hildebrandt

Cimitidine can (probably will) cause a defect in 17-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase which will lower testosterone levels. This is reversible though, if you stop taking it , test will go back up.

Cimitidine also allegedly downregulates the receptors which are responsible for making your hair regenerate (the pathway through the T-5 alpha reductase enzyme receptor). I rate this drug...not cool.

Tagament is a mild antiandrogen. Don't take it.

Its not particularly mild, particularly in older people it can cause quite serious sexual dysfunction and reduce feelings of wellbeing considerably as it drops test levels.