T Nation

Tactical Barbell Mass Protocol (ChongLordUno)

Awesome! But I do hope you at least wear a weight vest under your tux. Gotta keep your priorities straight! But seriously, congrats.

1 Like

Don’t be silly mate

1 Like

@dagill2
@TrainForPain
@jibb
@antiquity

Cheers lads

4 Likes

@TriednTrue here you go mate

Congratulations. That’s great news if a little casual with the introduction.

Was the ceremony affected by the covid regulations?

1 Like

You call that an excuse? You will have to carry her over the doorstep for at least 10 reps then… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Nah, Congratulations on your big day!

1 Like

Congratulations mate, I wish you the best!

1 Like

Yes mate, 2 witnesses and that was our wack

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

Ok so been rolling with this program for the last 4/5 weeks and have to say it’s awesome

3 exercises, done and dusted on 45 mins on a bad day.

Weights are flying up and the missus commented on the weight gain.

Forgot how benching 3x week is a mass builder par excellence.

Enjoying getting 3k cals under my belt on a daily basis.

7 Likes

3 Likes

Sounds interesting - I can easily see periods of my life, where fast in and out would be a huge bonus.

How does that app you use work? Is the “Best set” always the heaviest set or are other parameters considered?

@doomyguy mate yeah man to be brutally honest, I cannot be fucked sitting in a gym for more than an hour. This program so far is perfect in that respect.

I think the best set is highest weight for most reps. It’s the Strong app on iOS

1 Like

I haven’t picked up the Mass Protocol yet (but will) because I’m planning on running a straight block of Black+Operator once I finish Base Building. Without asking for free details, is it still a minimalist program but with rep schemes focused a bit more on hypertrophy? Also, I hear there is specific advice on how to cycle between Mass and Operator (and maybe another method) for the long term.

1 Like

There are 2 blocks in the protocol @antiquity mate

General Mass and Specificity

Mass is minimalist whereas Specificity allows to you to focus more on isolation/weak points.

The block you refer to at the end is OMS (Operator/Mass/Specificity)

You would run those in 3-6 week blocks.

I plan to run Mass Protocol for the full year, transition into BB at the end of the year then move onto OMS

OMS is probably the culmination of all 3 books and the holy land of training in my humble opinion

3 Likes

2 Likes