Tactical Barbell Base Building

Been really busy as of late with the chrimbo rush/NYE hedonism.

Diet has went to complete shit, well it did…

Lots of alcohol(Baileys, Hendricks gin) and sweets

Anyway…

Base Building block went swimmingly.

Only issue is that there is some crazy chest infection going through Glasgow right, of which has hit me like a ton of bricks. Been wheezing my way though workouts so I don’t feel as if i’m been getting the super fit feels that a BB block should bring…

Alas this brings me onto my new phase…

Decided to run Operator

Current block goes like

Mon - Strength
Tue - General Conditioning
Wed - Strength
Thu - HIC
Fri - Strength
Sat - HIC/E (Endurance every 2nd week in a 3 week block)

so here we go! (already

OPERATOR WEEK 2 DAY 1

STRENGTH

Squat 4 x 5
Bench Press 4 x 5
Weighted Chins 4 x 5

DAY 2 (Today)

GC Work (GC 7)

Dips, push ups, Burpees and Chins

Some new pics for the transformation challenge!

1 Like

STRENGTH WORK

Easy peasy lemon squeezy…

Had an argument with the missus prior to heading to the gym so was pumped up. Good pre-workout. Maybe I’m onto something here…,

Youth Restored!
This must be a good routine!

1 Like

This program truly is the elixir of youth…

This and having a girlfriend 10 years younger…

In all seriousness though, Colluci moved it for me so I could take part in the T-Ransformation Challenge.

Over 35s represent!

1 Like

HIC WORK

MEAT EATER 2

KB Swings and burpees

This one killed me. 16+ minutes of discomfort…,

Need to rein in the nutrition as well.

Not as bad as it has been however went for a curry last night with the missus. Had some haggis pakora. Too tempting…

Thinking of going for an IF approach due to ease of use. Going to bump up the veg count, for that full belly.

STRENGTH WORK

Easy workout. Going through the motions today.

Looking forward to my run tomorrow. First one since Christmas so I imagine I’ll be blowing out my arse.

LSS Work

This was an eye opener

I’ve been feeling like shit the last month. Tight chest mainly and lethargy. The conditioning workouts have been hard, not in a good way. More in a ‘my lungs feel diseased’ way

My HR was going bonkers. I spiked 160 right at he start of my run, mostly due to the fact that the run out of the estate is a gradual ascent.

I was almost at walking pace trying to keep m HR under 150. Have I killed my BB gains?

In all fairness, this was my first run in about a month however this shit eats away at you mentally…

My legs could have kept going. It’s the feeling in my lungs that’s pissing me off.

I am doing absolutely fuck all tomorrow. Going to have a few gins tonight to ease the vag growth.

Have a nice weekend guys!

2 Likes

OPERATOR

WEEK 3 DAY 1

Had a fucking stressy day man. Spent an hour trying to get my car door to close. The freezing weather is jamming the latch. 6am to 7am. Car is only 2 years old as well.

Managed to stumble into work, raging.

First day of my IF protocol.

Eating window so far is 11.30am to 7.30pm.

Not bothering with calories right now, Just trying to get used to the fasting then will roll with it.

Once I’m under 80kg then we can talk turkey

1 Like

HIC WORK (Easy work week)

MEAT EATER 2

KB swings and burpees

Easy week kicks in every third week. All Conditioning sessions are halved in order to accommodate the heavier lifting sessions.

Quite interesting to see that my HR never went into the dark zone. Obviously due to myself recovering from this lingering virus

Beard goals. Nice work in here man!

1 Like

Cheers buddy. The facial furniture is coming along nicely. Haven’t seen a razor blade in 18 months although have had the odd trim.

Appreciate your kind words!

STRENGTH WORK

Another easy work out. Trying to get in and out the gym. SAS style. No messing around. Weights were flying up.

1 Like

HIC WORK (easy week)

MEAT EATER 2

KB Swings and burpees

Fitness is like your job. If you don’t turn, you don’t get paid

I want my money…

Hit the dark zone at the end. That mid week fatigue creeping in…

Had to go with meat eater 2 as I’m doing my fitness instructor thing tonight and taking a class. It’s a very convenient workout however devastatingly effective.

I’m almost evangelical when it comes to Tactical Barbell. It’s a hidden gem in a world of gainz and aesthetics.

Anyone over the age of 30 really needs to give it a whirl in my humble opinion. I’ve never felt as fit in my life as I have after a couple of blocks.

1 Like

STRENGTH WORK

Had a late one tonight. Late for me anyway. I usually get my workouts done in the morning or straight after work however traffic was wild when I finished up today. Usual Friday mayhem.

Came home and had some Chinese food

Way to go transformation challenge!

I blame the missus

Workout was quick and focused when I hit the gym. Took about 45 minutes max. Weights were flying up.

Getting a wee bit paranoid with regards to the weighted chins and my elbow. Think I’ll run a couple of blocks of WPUs then go for bodyweight ones. Bump that volume right up.

GC WORK (GC7)

Dips, push ups, chins and burpees

Done for time

Had a cheeky wee workout before my fitness class today. It was really, really easy.

Fitness gains coming along nicely

Burpees felt good. Felt good as in they’re very tolerable compared to what they where like at the start of the block.

Had a couple of gins last night so feeling rather hungover as well. I’ll put that down to the fact that it was cheap gin. Going to lay off that shit tonight. Been feeling rather lethargic today.

Diet has been good 80% of the time.

OPERATOR

WEEK 4 DAY 1

STRENGTH WORK

Nothing major to report. Clocking in

1 Like

HIC WORK

MEAT EATER 2

KB Swings and burpees

Had to do this after spending an hour and a half in traffic. A trip that usually takes me 20 minutes at most. Heavy snowfall over here so it was gridlock all over.

Found it tough as well. Think I’m going to have to slot in some endurance work this week. Feel like I’m losing my aerobic gains

1 Like

STRENGTH WORK

Felt drained doing this one. Think I haven’t fully recovered from last night’s session. Burpees really do hit you with stealthy doms.

1 Like

GC WORK

Dips, push ups, ring chins and burpees, done for time

Love this wee session. Pump city.

Breezing burpees nowadays. Turning into a burpee machine. A burpinator if you will

1 Like