STRENGTH WORK

Clocking in.

1 Like

HIC WORK

MEAT EATER 2

KB Swings and burpees

Banged the KB up to 28kg today.

Took me into the dark zone, big time

Meat eater is so convenient, especially after a 9hr shift. You just want to get up the road.

There’s a big freeze over these parts so running just isn’t happening.

I’m going to focus more on fobbit intervals and 5ks next block. Might even ditch the GC work and add hypertrophy work in after my OP sessions

OPERATOR

WEEK 5 DAY 1

STRENGTH WORK

Easy session. Felt fresh. Had to fit the DLs in today due to having to run an errand and use another gym

Weights felt light.

Almost broke a finger after an eleiko clip fell out of nowhere and landed on me

Possible bone chip as it swole up instantly. Pain in the arse more than anything

HIC WORK

FOBBIT INTERVALS

Rowing machine, KB swings, prowler and DB shoulder press

Uuuuugh

Totally fucked in today.

Finger looks like a fucking pretzel. Also had 2 hours sleep as well.

Really felt it today although never hit the dark zone.

Gotta keep grinding however.

:face_vomiting:

Dangerous Saftey Equipment!

The graphs of your heart rate during intervals have looked like perfect rolling hills. Today they were all over the place. Is this because you were “feeling it” (a little tired?)today, or because it was hard to get in the rythm of the workout with this group of exercises?

Are you seeing any connections to heart rate, or changes in heart rate, and your performance? Like heart avg rate is elevated when you feel bad?

@FlatsFarmer

Definitely more to do with the nature of the session mate.

2 mins Rowing
20 KB Swings
2mins rowing
4 Prowler pushes
2 mins rowing
20 DB Shoulder presses

All done for 20 mins, so you’re never actually ‘resting’ as you are with the meat eater routine which has 1 minute rest intervals.

I haven’t checked my RHR in quite a while, having got rid of my Fitbit. Definitely something I need to check at some point

1 Like

STRENGTH WORK

Weights were a touch heavy the day, mostly because I’ve been suffering from sleepless nights for some reason.

Been waking up at 4am and not getting back to sleep.

Really felt that today. It’s quite interesting to see how much lack of sleep can impact your lifts.

Grinding on!

1 Like

GC WORK

Dips, push ups, ring chins and burpees. Done for time

Threw some curls and band pull aparts in for good measure.

This workout is basically rest pause-centric. A tough number that hopefully taps into the hypertrophy zone.

Insomnia has been kicking my arse left,right and centre this week. Been eating mostly clean all week bar a wee splurge at night when I get home from work, around 10pm.

Was bored shitless last night with my usual work grub. A tin of mackerel and rice. Was gagging for a fish supper. If you had put one in front of me I’d have set about it like a dog eating beetroot. Managed to remain disciplined however…

1 Like

STRENGTH WORK

Clocking in

LSS WORK

TREADMILL RUN

This felt good. Pretty easy on the lungs. Maybe because it was on a treadmill? I don’t know.

Waked out that gym with a spring in my step. Not had a cardio buzz in a while.

Had to pick up my missus after my class today and ended up hitting KFC! Loser move on my part however I’m not going to secrete vag blood over it!

1 Like

OPERATOR

WEEK 6 DAY 1

STRENGTH WORK

Damn chin ups are starting to give my elbows a bit of jip. Golfers elbow. Starting to feel a bit tweaky.

Weights were easy the day

Chin ups eventually wore down my elbows/shoulders to the point of doing just one chin up i get a bad popping sound/ crack on each rep.( i have bad shoulders anyway)

This was from not being warmed up and incorrect form but once i switched to pull ups / hammer grip my problems went away. Much easier on the elbows man

Unsolicited Opinion:

I’ve got to agree with the youth. Adjust the grips, either set by set, or workout to workout.

Or rotate exercises to alter the angle and position of your elbows and forearms.

It’s not worth trashing your elbows to keep on with chinups. The “back work” in your programs seems pretty general (like, hey just work your back) so just about any exercise that doesn’t take away from squat/bench should be cool.

1 Like

@FlatsFarmer
@duketheslaya

Cheers lads

Around 5 years ago, I embarked on a chin up routine which involved doing 100+ chins every day. Usually broken down into sets of 5-10 throughout the day. This culminated in a nasty dose of tennis elbow which plagued me for at least 3 years. I worked around it mainly using straps for rows and most importantly, ditching fixed bar chins completely.

Ever since then I’ve stuck to Olympic ring chins. The rotation really does give my elbows some relief and tbh, I find that they’re a lot tougher than fixed bar chins.

It when you add weight, that’s when issues arise

I’m coming round to the idea that bodyweight exercises should be kept exclusively ‘bodyweight’. No added resistance. Nothing.

Once this week is over, I’m going to add in 1 work set of trap bar deads and ditch the weight from the oly chins. Makes sense!

HIC WORK(easy week)

MEAT EATER 2

KB Swings and burpees

Quick session straight after work. Was getting quite taxing towards the end. Feel that my recovery between sets is improving.

STRENGTH WORK

Had to keep it short and sweet. Why?..

Caught a evil wee fucker of a head cold. Felt it coming on last night when I was doing my HIC work. That broken glass in the throat feeling. Hopefully it remains a head cold and doesn’t penetrate my lungs.

GC WORK

Dips and push ups done for time

Super quick session due to having to take a class

STRENGTH WORK

Not making any bold claims however I’m thinking that a shit ton of kiwi fruit, 1litre of kefir a day, magnesium and zinc kicked utter fuck out of that nasty head cold.

Weights felt good however the ol’ elbow is feeling a tad tender.

Going to use wraps on my left arm for the duration so I can ease some pressure on that bitch.

Quick one today. Why? Because I fucking hate Friday traffic. It’s a pain in the dick. Kept the volume low and the workout fast.

to go traditional DL as the trap bar was being used and I AIN’T GOT TIME FOR THAT…

Chip chip chipping away

HIC WORK (easy week)

FOBBIT INTERVALS

Rowing, kb swings and inverted rows

Forgot my HR monitor so decided to film my session on time lapse

Few beers for the night and a lengthy PUBG session

OPERATOR

WEEK 7 DAY 1

STRENGTH WORK

Have decided to ditch the WPUs and replace them with one work set of Trap Bar DLs spaced out throughout the week.

Keeping in bodyweight ring chins however. I believe ring chins to be the best upper body exercise with regards to hypertrophy.

Also added in some accessory fluff as I had some time to kill in the gym. Went for triceps supersetted with band pull aparts.

Training is coming along nicely. I’ve had one week off since I started this log and that was straight after my BB block.

Diet is OK for the best part however the odd splurge now and again. Maybe not conducive to the transformation challenge however I’m sure I’ll be in a better nick come June.

I feel great right now. Better than I ever have with regards to overall fitness. I can’t ever see me going back to exclusively weights. It bores the shit out of me now and he older I get, the more cardio/conditioning becomes important.

2 Likes