T Nation

Tactical Barbell Base Building/Operator/BDW

t-ransformation2018

Never mate however I can imagine the Curl paired with back ext would be a bit nippy on the old hams. I do it straight after. Lower back pump central!

True story! I’ve had lower back pumps from sets of back raises that make it difficult to twist at the waist for a few minutes.

Front Squat 4 x 12

Bench Press 4 x 12

Shoulder Press 4 x 12

Tricep Pushdown 4 x 15

1 x Spin Class

Romanian Deadlift 4 x 12

Chin up 1 x 12
Pull up 1 x 10, 1 x 8

T Bar Row 4 x 12

Bicep Curl 4 x 12

I’m in a dark place guys

I’m binge eating pretty fucking hard as of late

Fuck knows why. Have this insatiable hunger for chocolate and sweets.

Every day I say to myself ‘this is the day I clean shit up’ however by the end of the night, I’m ball deep in Dairy Milk chocolate buttons

I’m a mess.

Hahaha I can definitely relate

Hey man.
Don’t fuck up a lot of work like that.

Just throw that junk away. Not to your indoor trashcan, but the outside one. All of it.

Go to the store and buy a boatload of foods that are a part of your diet. Get the eggs, beef, broccoli, rice. All that good stuff. Don’t even look at the direction of chocolates.

Now, eat so much of the good food that you are absolutely filled. I’m talking hard to breath, sweating like a pig, gut like an alcoholic - filled. When you start getting hungry, eat again. Keep yourself full with actual food.

Keep that up for a week or two and then reduce your portion sizes to regular ones. It’ll feel amazing just because you’re not stuffing yourself with food. From there you can continue like you used before you started to binge eat.

God I sound like such a woman😭

Not to make light of your meltdown, but it sounds more like you’re in a milk chocolate place than a dark (chocolate) place. That said…

I can empathize. I can’t be bothered to even train right now. I just don’t care. That said…

You’re teaching spin classes right now, right? And you have a baby on the way. And you’re lifting in addition to teaching classes. And the season’s changing to cold, wherein we naturally add weight for the coming winter. I’m guessing all those factors are increasing your appetite. In addition, eating sugar boosts dopamine. If you aren’t sleeping as much as normal, and I you’re feeling more or new stress than usual, your brain’s feeling the drag and it’s craving sugar for its boost. That’s my assessment.

Great post. So good I’ve celebrated it with eating a whole bar of Fruit & Nut

You’re right. I have so much shit going on.

These spin classes are hitting my recovery hard and my missus isn’t sleeping so well, waking me up in the process.

I appreciate the advice guys

Today

Incline Bench 4 x 12

Leg Press 3 x 12

Shoulder Press DBs 4 x 12

Tricep Pushdown 4 x 15

Yesterday

Leg Curl 4 x 12

Back Ext 4 x 12

Lat Pulldown 4 x 12

Seated Row. 4 x 12

Barbell Curl 4 x 12

1 x Spin Class

Today

1 x Spin Class

I’m very much all or nothing - if I start down the path of deviating from my macros then it is scary how much I can consume. As a result, I don’t let myself even have a taster.

That said, I’m increasingly realising that it is a very boring monastic way to live. If I get hit by the proverbial bus tomorrow, I can’t see my last thought being to regret some food. Life is far too short for that sort of needless guilt.

Do what makes you happy (assuming that doesn’t come across as far too New Age).

Hey buddy, long time no hear.

Life is too short mate. In 10 years I’ll be 50. Holy FUCK :joy:

You still training in UP?

Indeed.

Looks as if you are still smashing it.

Yeah, I have stuck it out there. Focus has been on putting on a bit of size and now I’m in a cut phase. Idea is that I’ll cut to 90ish kg which is about 4kg higher than my last cut so…hopefully…it will show.

How long have you been doing the spinning gig?

Since July matey.

Done a spin course as I need the extra cash. At first I was thinking it was a necessary evil however I’ve grown to love the workout and benefits.

Today

Front squat 3 x 12

Bench Press 3 x 12

Shoulder Press 1 x 12, 2 x 10

Tricep Pushdown 3 x 15

1 x Spin Class

Today

Romanian DL 3 x 12

Pull ups 2 x 12, 1 x 10

T Bar Row 3 x 12

Cable Curl 3 x 12

1 x Spin Class

The gym I use is chock a block with total arseholes however I love the equipment :rage:

Eating like a fucking madman right now. Getting my winter dad bulk game on…

Are you finding the numbers you’re shifting in the lifts are going up with the extra calorie intake? After this latest cut, that’s the next stage for me - need to commit to a strength phase and accept that it will mean some more calories and potentially losing definition. Not sure how that sits with me…

Yesterday

Leg Curl 3 x 12

Back Ext 3 x 12

Lat Pulldown 3 x 12

Seated Row 3 x 12

Barbell Curl 3 x 12

1 x Spin Class

Today

Leg Press 4 x 12

Incline Bench 3 x 12

DB Shoulder Press 3 x 12

Tricep Pushdown 3 x 15

Haven’t really felt stronger mate. Just trying to get the volume in lately and ensure it’s moving in the right direction. No goals to speak of…

Just lifting for fun

And to get out the house :joy:

Front Squat 4 x 12

Bench Press 3 x 12, 1 x 10

Shoulder Press 1 x 12, 1 x 11, 1 x 10

Tricep Pushdown 4 x 15

2 x Spin Classes