Taco Bell Healthier Than McD/BK?

Shit these threads make me hungry, might have to do what I did last night and eat a whole bargain bucket to myself.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Cthulhu wrote:
I remember when they made the taco shells with ingredients that were put in dog food.

…and what’s wrong with dog food?[/quote]

Oh,I was just saying that I miss those days.Don’t you?Bring back the dog food!!

[quote]Doc Stig wrote:
Shit these threads make me hungry, might have to do what I did last night and eat a whole bargain bucket to myself. [/quote]

I agree. I think I’ll go and have a Lee Priest Special from KFC.

[quote]Massif wrote:
Doc Stig wrote:
Shit these threads make me hungry, might have to do what I did last night and eat a whole bargain bucket to myself.

I agree. I think I’ll go and have a Lee Priest Special from KFC.[/quote]

The best bit is KFC is just about 1 minute from here. I’ve been through the drive through on my BMX a few times recently.

my standard PWN is to spend $10 on wendy’s dollar menu

Taco Bell and BK. That’s like comparing dog shit with cat shit. Do you have a preference to which you want cooking on your stove top?

There is no Taco Bell in UK, at least there might be, I ain’t see it, but I live a pretty sheltered life.

Am I right in presuming its the sauces and cream and stuff that stacks up the calories ?

People in the UK would try and get places like that banned, they lobbied to try and ban the ‘Big Tasty’ from Mcdonalds a burger that was about the size of a 20kg olympic plate.

They put corn and beef in dog food. What do you think a taco is.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
I remember when they made the taco shells with ingredients that were put in dog food.[/quote]

I had some one tell me I was “cheating” today when i started drinking my protein shake. I don’t understand the mentality of the general public anymore.

[quote]rubberbubba wrote:
Doc Stig wrote:
There is no Taco Bell in UK, at least there might be, I ain’t see it, but I live a pretty sheltered life.

Am I right in presuming its the sauces and cream and stuff that stacks up the calories ?

People in the UK would try and get places like that banned, they lobbied to try and ban the ‘Big Tasty’ from Mcdonalds a burger that was about the size of a 20kg olympic plate.

No. We use ingredients in our food over here that you don’t use there. Lots of american baked goods are made with trans fats and hydrogenated vegetable oils. It gives them the best “mouth feel”, “texture” and shelf life - from the vendors point of view. From the consumers point of view, it means that the majority of the American food supply has superior taste to European foods and is pure poison guaranteed to put your kids in early puberty and add pounds of fat around your midsection.

Witness the increase in child obesity rates in the US. Hell, for that matter, look at the adult obesity rate.

As if that weren’t enough, we have a significant issue with portion control over here. Seems to me, American restaurants use plates about twice the size of the standard plate and they fill it up with low quality crap - that, incidentally, usually tastes pretty good, so you have a tendency to eat it all. Which you shouldn’t.

It’s deceptive. It creeps up on you. Now that I’ve spent the last 18 months eating some variation of clean foods and spent a few weeks in Europe for work, I can no longer stomach most restaurants.

My achilles heel is Cajun food. I travel a bunch to Louisiana for business. They cook traditional french cuisine. Their portions are under control but the food is rich.

Other than that, the only restaurants I go to are Wendy’s (if fast food is my only option) and sushi.

It’s sad, really. I lament the passing of true, high quality American food. It used to be good and nutritional. Now it isn’t.

RB
[/quote]

Over here, there has been a significant reduction in usage of hydrogenated vegetable oil and partially hydrogenated oils in stuff like biscuits and cakes etc. Not ideal foods anyway but I think its a good thing. Its always been banned from baby foods though. They fuckin well knew it was bad obviously.

However there are plenty of fat people in the UK who eat pure shit, stuff like fish and chips deep fried in rancid fats and lard. Also people live on Kebabs, meat pies, pasties and cakes. Fat fookers.

I’ll fucking eat the pasties, if I can suck the tits they came unstuck from!

[quote]Doc Stig wrote:
However there are plenty of fat people in the UK who eat pure shit, stuff like fish and chips deep fried in rancid fats and lard. Also people live on Kebabs, meat pies, pasties and cakes. Fat fookers. [/quote]

I would say Taco Bell is healthier (kinda of the same way being shot with a 22mm is better than a 44mm, your still shot). Personally, I’d rather hit the salad bar at Alberson’s or Safeway in the deli section.

Taco Bell:
Calories: 370
24% Calories from Fat
Calories from Fat: 90
Total fat: 10.0g
Saturated Fat: 3.5g
Trans Fat: 2.0g
Cholesterol: 10g
Sodium: 1,200mg
Carbs: 55.0g
Fiber: 8.0g
Sugar: 4.0g
Protein: 14.0g

Burger King
Calories: 310
39% Calories from Fat
Calories from Fat: 120
Total fat: 13.0g
Saturated Fat: 5.0g
Trans Fat: 1.0g
Cholesterol: 40mg
Sodium: 550mg
Carbs: 30g
Fiber: 1.0g
Sugar: 5g
Protein: 17g

Haha!
Not at all,not at all.Thats not the only thing they put in dog food.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
They put corn and beef in dog food. What do you think a taco is.

Cthulhu wrote:
I remember when they made the taco shells with ingredients that were put in dog food.

[/quote]

it tastes just like it smells…delicious!

This is like arguing who will be the valedictorian of summer school.

Heh, I live within half a block of…

McDonalds
Wendy’s
Burger King
KFC/Taco Bell
Pizza Hut
Noname Chinese Buffet
Pet Store
Grocery Store
Health Food Store

Woohoo! The variety! Agreed, scooby snacks (i.e. milkbones) are great for the teeth.

[quote]rubberbubba wrote:
Doc Stig wrote:
From the consumers point of view, it means that the majority of the American food supply has superior taste to European foods and is pure poison guaranteed to put your kids in early puberty and add pounds of fat around your midsection.

[/quote]

whoa, did I miss something. how does it put kids into early puberty?

[quote]vroom wrote:
Heh, I live within half a block of…

McDonalds
Wendy’s
Burger King
KFC/Taco Bell
Pizza Hut
Noname Chinese Buffet
Pet Store
Grocery Store
Health Food Store

Woohoo! The variety! Agreed, scooby snacks (i.e. milkbones) are great for the teeth.[/quote]

So then, you get most of your meals at the pet store… :slight_smile:

[quote]Doc Stig wrote:

Over here, there has been a significant reduction in usage of hydrogenated vegetable oil and partially hydrogenated oils in stuff like biscuits and cakes etc. Not ideal foods anyway but I think its a good thing. Its always been banned from baby foods though. They fuckin well knew it was bad obviously.

However there are plenty of fat people in the UK who eat pure shit, stuff like fish and chips deep fried in rancid fats and lard. Also people live on Kebabs, meat pies, pasties and cakes. Fat fookers. [/quote]

Yeah the UK is definetely getting more food conscious, now some of the main supermarkets are going to be putting “Traffic Lights” on food. So ready made meals, etc will be labelled as shit, chicken will be labelled as good, and so on.

They have also been reforming school lunch rooms, which is great. Introducing healthy food was the first step and now they are banning all unhealthy foods: crisps (chips), chocolate, soft drinks, etc. This is the first step to getting kids back in shape. They are also planning on increasing hours of physical activity. All this because UK kids are starting to become some of the fattest in the world!! I mean just look at the scottish kids eating deep fried battered mars bars! yum yum!

Anyways, i forgot why i was writing this, but it’s a bit of random UK trivia for you.

[quote]sugarfree wrote:
This is like arguing who will be the valedictorian of summer school.[/quote]

Classic…

[quote]veruvius wrote:
whoa, did I miss something. how does it put kids into early puberty?[/quote]

Yeah I thought the only thing that could do that was time?