T Nation

Tachycardia Prompts Me to End First Cycle

im 31, been weight training my whole life, but seriously for 8 years. finally researched enough to feel confident in starting my first cycle and 3 weeks in, i have noticed my heart pounding more than i’d like, and have woken up three times and while i was “coming to” my heart started racing, (probably around 150 bpm).

my last injection was a week+ ago and things have definitely gone, more or less, back to normal. i’ve read that tachycardia is, for some people, a side effect. i’d like to lower my dose and see if i could still use the gear but i dont know if there would even be a point. if i dropped to 125mg 2x/w and it didnt effect my heart, would it even give me any positive boosts in the gym?

my current regimen was:
test cyp 200mg 2x/w. im 7 injections in (also, this is “veterinary use only” if that makes a difference)

as you can see, im not getting crazy my first cycle. i took it easy compared to a lot of guys, and still have some disconcerting sides. maybe this shits just not for me. i’ve been looking forward to a cycle for so long, it sucks to have it backfire on me but its still not worth getting fucked up over it.

any input on the lower doses from a vet, or anyone who knows more than me would be greatly appreciated.

[quote]drop wrote:
im 31, been weight training my whole life, but seriously for 8 years. finally researched enough to feel confident in starting my first cycle and 3 weeks in, i have noticed my heart pounding more than i’d like, and have woken up three times and while i was “coming to” my heart started racing, (probably around 150 bpm).

my last injection was a week+ ago and things have definitely gone, more or less, back to normal. i’ve read that tachycardia is, for some people, a side effect. i’d like to lower my dose and see if i could still use the gear but i dont know if there would even be a point. if i dropped to 125mg 2x/w and it didnt effect my heart, would it even give me any positive boosts in the gym?

my current regimen was:
test cyp 200mg 2x/w. im 7 injections in (also, this is “veterinary use only” if that makes a difference)

as you can see, im not getting crazy my first cycle. i took it easy compared to a lot of guys, and still have some disconcerting sides. maybe this shits just not for me. i’ve been looking forward to a cycle for so long, it sucks to have it backfire on me but its still not worth getting fucked up over it.

any input on the lower doses from a vet, or anyone who knows more than me would be greatly appreciated. [/quote]

well, 250 mg/wk is more than what you normally produce (prolly 3-4 times more, in fact), but it’s not gonna give you as significant results as 400 mg/wk would.

i think you need to stop the cycle and see a doc ASAP, and get your heart checked out and see if it’s okay to start PCT.

the good thing is, you’re not too far in to your cycle (so you shouldn’t have much suppression yet), and you weren’t using like 8 different drugs (hopefully this reinforces this point to all the new guys who wanna use a shitload of gear on their first cycle!), so you can pin-point what’s going on easier.

thanks, this is essentially what i expected to hear, not exactly what i wanted tho. im pissed i cant benefit from these hormones. i have clomid but am hesitant to start PCT. first off, because i really wanted to continue my cycle with a smaller dose, and second, because im slightly weary of the sides from clomid itself. i have seen that they vary from person to person and actually arent as well known as most pharms out there… maybe im wrong…? but thats what i’ve read. a lot of people are telling me not to even bother with PCT since i was on a reasonably low dose of test and for only 3wks.

any info about clomid concerning my situation or even the actual necessity of PCT for this short cycle?

i called a family friend who’s a doctor, orthopedic surgeon actually, so he’s really no help with this topic, but pointed me in the right direction. i’ll get some advice this week from a cardiologist, and hopefully an endocrinologist, to see what they think.

I’ve had the same issue, although mine felt more like an irregular heart beat. It turns out that the problem was spasms in my esophagus. I started using a daily over-the-counter proton pump inhibitor (Prevacid) and the problem stopped almost immediately. Do you have any heartburn or reflux, especially at night? I suggest that you try and eliminate other possibilities before cessation of your cycle.

no heartburn or reflux, unfortunately… sounds funny to say but you know what i mean. to be completely honest, i have an extremely mild case of SVT, (supra-ventricular tachycardia). i’ve known of this most of my life but it has never been an issue and only happens about twice a year. i wondered if the gear would effect it but having discussed my condition with a doctor, and having been told my case is about the most minor case in history, i decided to go ahead with a cycle. maybe not the best decision but the desire to get bigger faster outweighed my concern.

when the tachycardia set in, it was very easy to control by sitting up and taking a deep breath. this is how it has always been for me tho. the biggest thing was the paranoia, or valid concern, it provoked and increased stress. i spent more than a fair amount of time worrying about it.

i know a fair amount about the endocrine system and the body’s autonomic nervous system, and how they intertwine, maybe just enough to be dangerous though. i’d be curious if anyone else with this common condition have cycled and their results? probably should have included that with the original post but i hate nay-sayers when it comes to something i am, more or less, set on doing, even when they’re right. my apologies.

Are you sure its not sleep apnea. That is also an AAS side effect. I have it and first thing I notice is my heart pounding. But when you are awake you breath normal and everything goes back to normal.

Just a thought

interesting, thanks dirt.

I’ve had tachycardia for so many years that I don’t feel like putting the number in writing LOL. It happens 3-6 times a year, usually in spurts, and then nothing for months. While my heart at rest tends to beat (slightly) faster on AAS, I have never seen a link with them and tachycardia. But your case might be different and the heart is not something to mess with! Do make sure it’s really the cause of it though.