Tabata Training

Rack each time. Lean up against the bar and glory in those ten seconds of semi-relief.

Did you notice that even though the 20 seconds seemed like hours, if you blink you almost miss the 10 second “rest” intervals.

“Suddenly, time is so elastic”

Yeah I racked the bar, I wouldn’t have trusted myself to hold the thing towards the end.

i think with a few sessions i will get my head into the training concept and drill it harder.

even so, my legs are killing me now.

I like the rack, it means you have to prepare and go quickly, machine like.

doing my 1rm tests for convergent phase will NOT be fun in 3 days time.

they still hurt…

[quote]scrooge wrote:
Did you notice that even though the 20 seconds seemed like hours, if you blink you almost miss the 10 second “rest” intervals.

“Suddenly, time is so elastic”

Yeah I racked the bar, I wouldn’t have trusted myself to hold the thing towards the end.[/quote]

Yes I noticed this, the mind can play cruel tricks some times!

I actually found it easier to hold the bar during the last sets as I found that the act of racking the bar actually took up too much rest time, hence “Shortening” the ten seconds even more. The act of not squatting was more than enough rest for me. I also had my stopwatch beeping at the beginning and end of each set/rest period so to keep up with it not racking made things easier. If I had a visible clock I could probably rack the bar and get the correct rest time and set time, otherwise I would be cutting corners.

Cheers,

Ben