T3hPwnisher's Log

The surgery was a success, and I have a new ACL from my hamstring tendon. The general anesthesia kicked my ass, as it usually does to me, and I basically fasted 24 hours yesterday due to being queasy, but I have my appetite back now.

I’m not going to lie, the pain is pretty ridiculous. I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but this is just stuff I can’t fathom. It feels like my leg is both being squeezed in a vice and ripped in half. I am not shy taking my percocet, but I can tell exactly when it wears off.

Going to be taking the next day or so light. If worse comes to worse and I’m still laid out, I’m going to hit some band exercises while sitting on the couch.

On the plus side, I can actually already put weight on the leg. It’s weird: I’m healthy now, not hurt. I have to get that in my head.

Glad things went smoothly man, now you are on the road to getting better each and every day. All positives.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
The surgery was a success, and I have a new ACL from my hamstring tendon. The general anesthesia kicked my ass, as it usually does to me, and I basically fasted 24 hours yesterday due to being queasy, but I have my appetite back now.

I’m not going to lie, the pain is pretty ridiculous. I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but this is just stuff I can’t fathom. It feels like my leg is both being squeezed in a vice and ripped in half. I am not shy taking my percocet, but I can tell exactly when it wears off.

Going to be taking the next day or so light. If worse comes to worse and I’m still laid out, I’m going to hit some band exercises while sitting on the couch.

On the plus side, I can actually already put weight on the leg. It’s weird: I’m healthy now, not hurt. I have to get that in my head.[/quote]
Great news man, expecting to see great things from you, as always.

Thanks both of you. The support from this site has really meant a lot in my recovery.

Dip ladder superset w/band pull aparts

NG chins ladder

Video is of the first set of each ladder. I was happy to be back into training, but I was breathing like a train whistle. Meds might be sapping my conditioning. Still, good to know this will work for the time being.

General notes: Not weighing myself for a while. Don’t need that getting in my head. 2 days post op, feeling much better. Pain is far more manageable. I miss my energy drinks, but I probably shouldn’t have those while on pain killers.

Happy for you that everything’s going well man.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
The general anesthesia kicked my ass…[/quote]

Ah good times, glad to read you are now on the road to recovery.

I found the morphine made me itchy as after maybe 8 hours post op. Removed that drip, went a few painkillers, and within 24 hours I was just on a few panadol for dull light pain. Did not end up needing to take the more powerful endone they gave me when discharged.

Page 9 of my log, about halfway down, was when I did mine - I didn’t log too much on the rehab side of things. But I did the exercises 4-5 times plus a day (along with lots of couch and GTA on a mates borrowed PS4)
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_log/ravens_531?id=5954422&pageNo=8

Stay positive, and if you can work the other leg on its own do it - hoping that reduces the atrophy on the operated side.

Vinny: Thanks man. Always happy to have you check in.

Raven: It’s funny, but I’ve never had any issue with morphine, aside from it feeling totally amazing and me realizing why people get addicted, haha. However, coming out of general has always messed me up something fierce. Thankfully, my pain is much lower right now, similar to your experience.

Captains of Crush grippers

5x5 w/ #2
1x50 w/trainer

Notes: It dawned on me yesterday that I could get back into these with my current restrictions. I was able to find my 3, 2 and trainer. Pretty sure my 1 and 2.5 are at work. This wasn’t too challenging, but wanted to ease back into these, as they’ve hurt my hands pretty good in the past when I got too hardcore too quickly. Really excited about the potential here.

Dips
4x25

NG chins
4x20
1x10

Notes: Quick workout. Recovering better than I was a few days ago, but cardio is still taxed pretty good, and I don’t want to sweat too much while I still have the wrap on my leg. Getting excited about going full tilt with the upper body soon.

Dips
6x20
1x30

superset w/

NG chins
4x20
1x10

Pull ups
1x10

Chins
1x10

Notes: Still sucking wind hard. Been 18 hours without painkillers now, so hoping that’ll go away soon. Absolutely stir crazy.

Captains of Crush Grippers closing

1x8
1x7
1x6
1x5
1x4
1x3
1x2
1x1

Trainer
1x50

Notes: I know I should really be doing the squeeze and hold on these to get some carryover back to strongman, but right now I’m just trying to get back into form with them. It’s amazing how fast it comes back.

Dips
4x25
4x20
2x10

superset w/

NG chins
4x20
6x10

Band pull aparts
1x100

KNEE REHAB

4x10 knee slides

4x10 knee extensions

Performed twice today

Notes: Ditching the Slingshot cuffs actually made my elbows feel better on the chins. Go figure. Had my follow-up with my doc and he said I can actually break a sweat in a week, so still keeping things light while I have some open stitches. Once I get the green light though, it’s game on for training, and I’m holding nothing back. I don’t care how limited my movements are; I can make a workout out of a tricep kickback and a unilateral calf raise that’ll make me bleed. Still, pleased to hit 200 dips in one workout without sweating.

Going through the fun HMO process of getting my physical therapy approved, but at least until then the doc has given me some rehab exercises to perform. Going to hammer them as much as I can between ice and everything else. Also, apparently I wasn’t supposed to be walking around on my new ACL without my brace or crutches. Oops. So now I’m back to those, but the doc was at least surprised that I’ve been totally off the pain meds since Sunday.

Mrs called me out on my anorexia today, so I’m looking forward to Thanksgiving. Still haven’t weighed myself. I think once I can start training in earnest I will finally step on the scale to establish a baseline.

Howdy dude just stoppin’ in to to say howdy! I’m glad to see your recovery seems to be speedy? Keep at it my friend and happy thanksgiving, p.s GORGE yourself lol.

[quote]FarmerOwen wrote:
Howdy dude just stoppin’ in to to say howdy! I’m glad to see your recovery seems to be speedy? Keep at it my friend and happy thanksgiving, p.s GORGE yourself lol.[/quote]

Thanks for dropping by dude. Recovery is going as speedy as it can. Big thing is to check myself in all honesty, as I’ll push way too hard too fast unless someone tells me otherwise. I’d be squatting on the damn thing today if my doctor didn’t tell me it was a bad idea, haha.

I’ve been lurking on your log as well. You’re killing those push presses dude. Keep it up!

3 way shoulder raise w/10lb DBs
3 sets

Notes: Part of just a general workout I threw together today to make the most of my freetime and prep for my thanksgiving feast. I really liked this from the Kroc program, so glad to keep it in.

Hammer curls, 10lb DBs
1x100

Notes: Awesome forearm pump with this.

Band pull aparts
1x100

Blast strap fallouts
3x10

Neck harness
1x50

KNEE REHAB

Heel slides
4x15

Knee extensions
4x15

Notes: Plan to hit a few more rounds of these today. Nice to see my ROM increase.

Captains of Crush Grippers

Ladder up to 5 (1,2,3,4,5,2)

1x9

20 second hold

Trainer
1x55

Notes: Threw in some variety on this one. Just going to keep having fun with it. Already seeing my forearms responding to the training. I’ve been doing my PT too, but I’m going to quit logging it for now as it’s going to get repetitive, but I’ll document any milestones. My ROM on the left knee has already improved slightly, and it’s now about as good as it was when I was injured. Makes life easier, as I had adjusted pretty well to that ROM. Still staying off it as much as I can, per the Doc’s orders.

AM WORKOUT

Dips
8x25

superset w/

NG Chins
4x20
4x15

Notes: Was going to be a larger workout, but wife ended up getting hurt on a run, so I went to rescue her and nurse her back to health. Finished workout in the afternoon.

PM WORKOUT

Dips
4x25

superset w/

NG Chins
4x20

3 way shoulder raise circuit (front, lateral, rear lateral) w/10lb DBs
3 sets

Hammer curls 10lb DBs
1x100

DB tricep extensions 10lb DBs
1x100

Band pull aparts
1x100

Blast strap fallouts
1x20

Notes: Just wanted to see what I could. Recent cold snap made temps below freezing, which boded well for my Doc’s “no breaking a sweat” policy. Next week, I’m going to start training again for real, with a plan and some goals. Going back to my previous structure of 2 upper days, 2 lowers, and an events type day. Stealing a ton from 5/3/1 for the upper body work, doing whatever I can for the lower, and most likely just pulling the prowler arm over arm until I can do anything else for events. Plan on starting a new log to document the experience, so won’t be a whole lot more entries in this thread.

if the round hole is big enough the square peg will fit
otherwise still like your posts

Cavemansam: If you’re not too careful, you run into the hotdog in the hallway issue, haha.

Captains of Crush Grippers

1x13
1x9
1x4

25 second hold

Trainers
1x57

Notes: Strategy was to hit a set of max reps, then take as few sets possible to match the total number of reps. Then timed holds and rep outs per normal.

So I lied, THIS will be my last post on this log. Going to start drafting up the next one now and have it posted and ready for my workout tomorrow. Thanks for following all, and please follow on my next one.

had to google the hotdog
dat funny

Glad that recovery is going well man!

So I just found this gem:

Probably the most straight forward stuff I’ve ever heard!

Glad you appreciate that man. I’ve actually made a new log over here

I’m going to try to keep everything in that location, since I think T-Nation’s policy is only 1 log per customer.