T3 Stack

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:

i think it’s worth noting that there was a study that showed 100 mcg of T3 increases beta-2 receptor density 60% or so in a couple weeks.

^while that might be too high of a dose for some guys, combining T3 with clen is obviously gonna accelerate fat loss and clen can minimize the catabolism from T3[/quote]

I had no idea clen was anabolic? Or are you saying you can stack with t3 therefore using less t3 making it less catabolic?
[/quote]

i believe beta-2 agonists are anabolic. normally we think of them stimulating the beta-2 receptors in fat (thereby causing lipolysis), but they also stimulate the beta-2 receptors in muscle, as well…

http://physrev.physiology.org/content/88/2/729

[/quote]

Hmm very interesting. My coach has me running a low to moderate dose of clen going on 10 weeks now. But the most common way i see people using it is a two week on two off protocol. Do you have an opinion on which way is more effective?
[/quote]

well, the beta receptors get down regulated pretty quick. it’s debatable to how fast, but that’s the reason for the 2 on, 2 off protocol. otherwise, you could take some ketotifen at night, which should prevent this desensitization.

T3 can also help, as it increases the number of beta-2 receptors…

how much are you taking right now?
[/quote]

Right now we have slowly tapered up to 80mcg. Im also on 62.5mcg t3. So nothing crazy and it seems to be doing its job. Ive never really gotten the shakes or anything from the clen. Just a few headaches in the beginning. So you think taking some ketotifen will be beneficial?
[/quote]

yeah, i’d take 1 mg of keto at night, and see how that goes.

i have use clen not stack with t3 but i didnt see same results in fat loss like with t3…

i dnt know how will go if combine them together

something more for female dosage of t3 is the same? or maybe can exceed 50mg

what is the advantage of using t3 with t4 rather than just t3?

T4 works differently in the body than T3 both because it can be more potentiated in certain tissues (more conversion to T3) thus allowing the body to “get more” out of thyroid hormone in some tissues than others, in a natural pattern, and because it has some properties of its own which really are not well understood. But as examples that have been shown, effect of thyroid on LH production is different and better when provided as T4 than as T3, and UCP upregulation in brown adipose tissue (rats anyway) occurs with T4 but not with T3 alone.

In practice in medical use, T3 alone is rarely preferred to combination therapy or T4 alone, in terms of patient preference as well as the doctor (doctor preference tends to be T4 only even if this is not best from the patient’s point of view.)

From the bodybuilding point of view, T3 alone certainly works fine. I think it’s an improvement, though a fine point, to first provide T3 to deal with conversion issues if any, and then past that, supply T4. It works well but I certainly wouldn’t say that other methods don’t work well in bodybuilding thyroid cycles too, because they do.